TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Today's Story :)

sdear

Drove down to North Port to see my mom today. There is road construction on the main road near her house. When I drove through....the guys were checking out the car .

On my way back...the flag came down for me to stop. No cars around..wondering what the heck....

The guy walks up to my car with the flag, and says..." I just had to look at this car " hahah.

:)

Drove down to North Port to see my mom today. There is road construction on the main road near her house. When I drove through....the guys were checking out the car .

On my way back...the flag came down for me to stop. No cars around..wondering what the heck....

The guy walks up to my car with the flag, and says..." I just had to look at this car " hahah.

:)

Sue,

Were to by chance on River Road by the Myakka River?

Actually I was on Sumter Road. They are widening that road to 4 lanes. Just south of Myakka River.

River road is close though ! You have family in the area? You best let me know when you are down this way !!!!

Sue

P.S. I am off for a 3 night cruise...if you all don't see "Autoplay" around over the weekend..call the cops and get him out of my car !! :D :P

I'm gonna drive it like I stole it,as that is the suggested way to drive it via this forum.

I'll vidtape the speedometer,and we'll all see what this car tops out at(if anyone interested)

Mfarrell,they ever finish the freeway redo in your area. I remember driving over the temp freeway,the 1 with the little pencils holdin it up lol. I always prayed I would make it over it,before a 7.0 or higher,struck.

Mfarrell,they ever finish the freeway redo in your area. I remember driving over the temp freeway,the 1 with the little pencils holdin it up lol. I always prayed I would make it over it,before a 7.0 or higher,struck.

LOL - I don't think a 7.0 is needed...more like a 4.0 could bring down our crumbling infrastructure that just gets worse b/c CA. is broke.

sdear - Yes, I do have family nearby in Venice and Englewood. I will definitely let you guys know when I am over on the FL West Coast.

Cool beans Mfarrell! I use to live in Antioch,and would commute to San Fran/Oak. I grew up in Alameda. I don't miss the traffic there lol,I do miss the scenery though,as you know....Florida is 1 flat plane.

Give Sue or I a jingle when you in the area,we can meet for coffee etc,and I can talk your ear off with my online war stories ;)

Cool beans Mfarrell! I use to live in Antioch,and would commute to San Fran/Oak. I grew up in Alameda. I don't miss the traffic there lol,I do miss the scenery though,as you know....Florida is 1 flat plane.

Give Sue or I a jingle when you in the area,we can meet for coffee etc,and I can talk your ear off with my online war stories ;)

Will defintely look you guys up!

Thanks Amy....the car does get alot of looks !!!

And thanks all of you for keeping an eye on Auto..haha..my car hadn't moved...all in one piece :)

And...HA HA Webba ! too funny !

Had a great cruise except I ended up sick with a cold :( ughhhhhhh

Well glad to hear you didnt fall overboard or anything like that. At least you can eventually get rid of the plague you caught ;) And tell your hubby when he is done playing make believe games in BF to get a Xbox 360 and call of Duty 4 and join the big boy army!LOL My sons and I play online alot. We would enjoy ripping Auto a new one for ya ;)

Well glad to hear you didnt fall overboard or anything like that. At least you can eventually get rid of the plague you caught ;) And tell your hubby when he is done playing make believe games in BF to get a Xbox 360 and call of Duty 4 and join the big boy army!LOL My sons and I play online alot. We would enjoy ripping Auto a new one for ya ;)

There is talk of a few "clans" turning their servers into COD4 servers,but most are sticking with BF2. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of "Bad company" which is the next version of BF2,due for release sometime next year.

Webba,find me on BF2 sometime,that's if you're man enough! I'll have you saying/screamin words,you didn't know you had in ya ;)

There is talk of a few "clans" turning their servers into COD4 servers,but most are sticking with BF2. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of "Bad company" which is the next version of BF2,due for release sometime next year.

Webba,find me on BF2 sometime,that's if you're man enough! I'll have you saying/screamin words,you didn't know you had in ya ;)

LOL auto I am sure you would, just make sure you call me the next day ;) I havent played any pc games in the last year or so. I play the Xbox with my sons and a few freinds alot now. I have started playing a new game called "Crysis" on the pc. Great game. 1st person shooter. You are supposed to have Vista to run it but when I bought this new pc I opted to stay with XP. I bought the pc loaded to the hilt so it is runnig good at the moment. Perhaps I will have to pick up BF2 soon. :)

wow! cool story!!! :D

Agreed! Great story Sue!

And tell your hubby when he is done playing make believe games in BF to get a Xbox 360 and call of Duty 4 and join the big boy army!LOL My sons and I play online alot. We would enjoy ripping Auto a new one for ya

My brother and two old Army buddies are playing that. I saw some of the game play and was amazed at how realistic some of it is. The Infared part was really close, loved it.

yea brian it really rocks. Only part I was disappointed in is you cant play more than 1 person per system online. We regularly have 4 people on 1 machine with other games and get online and play with other freinds. Its a blast. And you play with people you knoiw and no dbags. Besides that the gameplay is incredible. Between my Shelby and video games I will stay under 40 forever ;)

Well...As long as it's not a Cop! :D

I got stopped by Highway Patrol heading home from the dealership after picking up mine just so he could write out a warning for "Speeding - 0/65". Then I let my sister borrow my car and she was stopped by a cop. She really didn't know what to say when all he wanted was to ask if the exhaust was stock or not.

I got stopped by Highway Patrol heading home from the dealership after picking up mine just so he could write out a warning for "Speeding - 0/65". Then I let my sister borrow my car and she was stopped by a cop. She really didn't know what to say when all he wanted was to ask if the exhaust was stock or not.

wow !!! twice in one day ?? haha too funny !

• 2 weeks later...

So those with young kids or grandkids. Have you seen the Little Einsteins show on Disney? When they get in the rocket the kids while patting their hands on their legs say "pat, pat, pat, blast off." I went to New Mexico with my three year old son last week. Both times we took off I did pat, pat, pat, blast off with him.

Today I have him in the back of my Shelby GT headed to the mall to buy his momma a gift. I am able to roll through a green as I turn on the the inclined on ramp for the freeway......foot to the floor, out of 2nd gear and into 3rd gear. I it 90 well before the top of the ramp. That's enough, let off and shift to 4th and quickly to 5th to merge....

Over my right shoulder I hear "PAT, PAT, PAT, BLAST OFF!!!"

Archived