TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Personal announcement

Webba

Hey I just wanted to let you guys and girls know that my wife and I are expecting a baby in May. I have known for a little while but havent said anything because we have been waiting to make sure everytying is ok and so far so good. My wife is 37 and this is her first so they run extra tests and such. This will be my 3rd child. I have 2 sons from a previous marriage. I am 36. My oldest is 17 and my youngest is almost 14 so I thouhgt I was going to be all done in a few short years but you know how things change!LOL She really wants a girl. I could care less as long as the bay is healthy and my wife is fine. I wont be selling my car or any of that kind of crazy stuff so you will all still be stuck listening to my ranting and carrying on. Anyway, that is all for my announcement. I will let you know more as time goes on. Or when I have a S/C installed or other cool things like that! ;)

Hey I just wanted to let you guys and girls know that my wife and I are expecting a baby in May. I have known for a little while but havent said anything because we have been waiting to make sure everytying is ok and so far so good. My wife is 37 and this is her first so they run extra tests and such. This will be my 3rd child. I have 2 sons from a previous marriage. I am 36. My oldest is 17 and my youngest is almost 14 so I thouhgt I was going to be all done in a few short years but you know how things change!LOL She really wants a girl. I could care less as long as the bay is healthy and my wife is fine. I wont be selling my car or any of that kind of crazy stuff so you will all still be stuck listening to my ranting and carrying on. Anyway, that is all for my announcement. I will let you know more as time goes on. Or when I have a S/C installed or other cool things like that! ;)

Unbelievable!!!!!!! Terriffic I am soooo happy for you! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Our prayers are with you for a healthy child. FWIW my wife and I had our last daughter in early 2006 just after my wife turned 42 and I was a Shelby-less 45 years young (our third child). No special ambiotic tests performed. Just some blood screens. The invasive type tests are personal decisions you need to make because you also need to know what you will do with the information you get out of them (good or bad).

In any case, at 22 months old she has already mastered the art of being a "terrible two's" toddler. BTW, both she and her 6 year old sister love riding in the SGT. She let's out a "Weeeeeee" around every corner.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Wait a minute, everyone. Congratulations are in order for sure but what, really, does the man need from us at this point in time? He needs to know what child's car seat best fits in a SGT. I know someone out there has carted his or her child in their SGT. This will be a way to get the SGT wives in action in the Forum -- best child's car seat. <_< Jim

Webba,

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You met my 11 year old; Shelby Lynn at Roger's after Tasca barbeque. I hope you have a little girl but a healthy baby is most important. I think you can guess what name I am pulling for if you have a girl.

Good luck, Rick

Congratulations Webba, Momma & ? I hope everyone is happy, well & healthy, that's the utmost importance here. Hope for your wife you have a little girl. When I was 35 I had a similar experience, found out we were expecting :( , at the time my two sons were 10 & 6, figured by the time I was 50 We'd have a life again. I didn't take the news real well (kind of an a@s) but to make a long story short 06/27/00 we had a baby girl. After that everything changed (big time)! I love my boys but there is real truth to a Daddy's little girl :D . She loves hangin out in the shop with me & helpin work on things with me. And then She'll come in and get all decked out like a little princess (Kinda like a Tomboy/Princess). Enough about my B.S. Our prayers are with you & your family :) Conratulations!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Maybe SAI makes infant car seats?

Congradulations!! That is wicked cool. I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you all :) I am looking forward to it. At first I was stunned. It was something we had been talking about but wasnt finalized yet. But it is for the best. My first time around I was 19 and didnt know my a*s from my elbow but I thought I did. Now I still dont know everything but Im smart enough to admit it. I am not concerned with things like how are we going to afford this or will I be a good dad or any of the other thousands of fears you have the first time around. My 2 sons have had to deal with me cramming advise down their throat in a shorter amount of time than this child will!LOL My lifestyle will change but not as much as the first time around as well. I am fortunate to have a wife that lets me do what I want when I want but I do my best to repspect that and also give her that same thing in return. So Ill still be going to meets, snowmobiling in the winter and hanging with freinds. We will be finding out the <bleep> of the baby...in the next month I believe so Ill let you all know what it is. :)

Congrats!! My wife and I had our daughter after being married 13 years. Best thing we ever did and my 3 year old little girl is a Shelby fan. Enjoy!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Archived