TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stangs Unleased Website

Glenn Greenwell

I'm not bashing the new site we are all moving to, but am I the only one that thinks it is just a little to busy and hard to get situated at.

Seems to be way to much stuff cramed on all the pages.

Just my thoughts, maybe I'm just having seperation anxiety issues from our current site.

Any other thoughts? :(

One thing I like about our cozy little site, is the comardie we have. Over there, I feel you have to be more careful with your words as more folks are reading and thus someone may not understand where a poster is coming from.

For example, I posted in 1 thread "Maybe Grabber is lurker". Just trying to lighten things up, and got responses back that indicated that they didn't get that I was joking. Understandable as most of them don't know me.

Most people on here would have immediately recognized that I was kidding around because they know my sense of humor.

On a technical side, I like it when I hit "View new posts" on here as opposed to the other site, because:

1. There are less posts to search through, and

2. More of the posts are of direct interest to me.

I wish there was a way to hit "View new posts" just for the Shelby GT section on the other site.

Bottomline is I'm trying to fit in over there but still feel more at home over here. If there's a way to make over there feel more like over here then let's do it.

I'm not bashing the new site we are all moving to, but am I the only one that thinks it is just a little to busy and hard to get situated at.

Seems to be way to much stuff cramed on all the pages.

Just my thoughts, maybe I'm just having seperation anxiety issues from our current site.

Any other thoughts? :(

Actually, it is not all that bad. Part of your displeasure may be the default way the pages display. If you are seeing one entry and then, below that, there are tiers of other messages rather than being able to see each message like you do on this Forum, you can change the view. What you can do is go to "Options" and after you click that button, you will see, under "Display Modes," a button for "standard." Click that and the display should be more familiar. If that was not what the problem was, my bad. :) Jim

I wish there was a way to hit "View new posts" just for the Shelby GT section on the other site.

Hey Mark,

I do not know a way to see new posts only for the Shelby GT on this site. There, I admitted my ignorance. Now tell me how to do it. Gracias. Jim

guys, dont forget the new site will be up in january. its temporary

All please remember that the current site was created as a separate entity where click though advertising and such was needed. Where it was a general enthusiast site and not specific to something likeTeam Shelby. The engine it sits on is MUCH MUCH more powerful than what we have here in "CGI Hell" and because of that it will be a site that can grow and evolve over time.

I will set up a topic for suggestions and pin it.

PLEASE come over and let's get out voices heard and help create something we can all be proud of and happy using!

-Jeff

I do not know a way to see new posts only for the Shelby GT on this site. There, I admitted my ignorance. Now tell me how to do it. Gracias. Jim

There isn't a way to just view the posts for the Shelby GT section on this site. But since SGT posts make up 77.46% of the posts on here, it's pretty easy to quickly navigate to the ones of interest.

There isn't a way to just view the posts for the Shelby GT section on this site. But since SGT posts make up 77.46% of the posts on here, it's pretty easy to quickly navigate to the ones of interest.

Ah ahem, excuse me but I actually I calculated it to be 73.22% :lol:

To be serious, I'm anxious to see the new site in January. Hopefully, we can find an "inner home" in that site to frequent.

One thing I like about our cozy little site, is the comardie we have. Over there, I feel you have to be more careful with your words as more folks are reading and thus someone may not understand where a poster is coming from.

For example, I posted in 1 thread "Maybe Grabber is lurker". Just trying to lighten things up, and got responses back that indicated that they didn't get that I was joking. Understandable as most of them don't know me.

Most people on here would have immediately recognized that I was kidding around because they know my sense of humor.

On a technical side, I like it when I hit "View new posts" on here as opposed to the other site, because:

Bottomline is I'm trying to fit in over there but still feel more at home over here. If there's a way to make over there feel more like over here then let's do it.

+1

I haven't posted much over there-it's just more of a "i'm used to it here" kind of thing and most of us are still here, once we all get moved over I think things will be better

I understand what you are saying. I like the way "everything" is posted in our Shelby GT site. Over there, many things are getting moved here and there , and well, I just prefer it all in one place.

It's like family here :( I feel crowded over there ...isn't it weird how you can feel that way on line?? haha

I also don't like how some of the 500 owners come in and make smart remarks......I don't think any of us do that on their threads. We all drive nice cars !

Oh well......I am sure like someone else said once it's all "one" , we will settle in better.

I understand what you are saying. I like the way "everything" is posted in our Shelby GT site. Over there, many things are getting moved here and there , and well, I just prefer it all in one place.

It's like family here :( I feel crowded over there ...isn't it weird how you can feel that way on line?? haha

I also don't like how some of the 500 owners come in and make smart remarks......I don't think any of us do that on their threads. We all drive nice cars !

Oh well......I am sure like someone else said once it's all "one" , we will settle in better.

Of course things are different and any meaningful change will be a lot slower in coming if you're all over here!

BTW: When a thread that that is moved a link remains in the original topic posted.

one of the reason that we separate the sections like that is so that if a new guy comes in and is looking for mods or tech issues on his car he can go right to that section and see what other people have posted rather than go thru 40 pages of everything mixed together to find what he needs. Same with the cars for sale you now where to go to look.

We can not do a view new posts just for the Shelby GT section would be cool if we could but is not possible right now.

I think that sometimes we try to joke around on line and if you do not know the person then it can be taken as sarcastic. However, the GT section is for talk about the Shelby GT, us as the Moderating crew which include Michael Morris, Bud Jeff and Myself and the others are here to make this transfer as painless as possible, so I am always open to suggestions can not promise that I can make the changes but if I can I will do my best.

2 questions:

Is there a drop dead date established for when this site will no longer be available in the existing format?

And, will the new site have the same format as it does currently or will it be a whole new site, different from both existing sites and debuting or launching on Mr Shelby's birthday in January?

Archived