TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Redfire CS8

CSstang

Hey all,

I just had my '06 Mustang GT converted to a CS8 by Sterling Ford in Ottawa. The guys at Sterling did a great job on the car. I wanted to get the car into storage before our Canadian winter came in full force <_< , so the car will be fully completed in spring. I have yet to see a redfire CS8, but I think it looks sharp with the silver stripes.

As a Shelby fan, looking forward to spending some time on this forum (and getting out of the newbie stage)! :)

Cheers,

Kevin

post-4943-1148545793.jpg

Hey all,

I just had my '06 Mustang GT converted to a CS8 by Sterling Ford in Ottawa. The guys at Sterling did a great job on the car. I wanted to get the car into storage before our Canadian winter came in full force <_< , so the car will be fully completed in spring. I have yet to see a redfire CS8, but I think it looks sharp with the silver stripes.

As a Shelby fan, looking forward to spending some time on this forum (and getting out of the newbie stage)! :)

Cheers,

Kevin

post-4943-1148545793.jpg

Kevin:

I have a 07 Shelby GT-500 going in to get SuperSnaked in LV sometime in April. I will have to drive up to Ottawa from Barrie, Ontario and check your car out. Looks real sweet.

Cheers,

Mike

Nice job...the car looks great...

I really like that shade of red and the silver really compliments that colour.

I live in Brampton Ontario and I have a 2006 white CS6 convertiable with gold lemans stripes that I currently have running at around 380 hp.

I have a new supercharger pully to install which is two sizes smaller than the Shelby supplied one which should increase boost to around 10 psi and increase the Hp to about 450.

I'm running 410 gears with traction lok, 1 piece drive shaft and all the other CS6 /CS8 goodies.

I hope there will be at least one photo of the car in the February 2008 issue of Modified Mustang magazine as there will be a two page spread on the 2007 DaSilva cruise which we recently attended.

I usually get to Ottawa once or twice a year but If you ever make your way to Toronto let me know.

I'm still waiting to meet up up with Steph from Ottawa and his Eleanore......I'd also love to see that Modified Super Snake from Barrie Ontario.....

I actually had the full CS6 body package installed and painted at the CarStar in Barrie Ontario.

It's really great to see some Canadian content with current Shelby packages.

Regards

Randy..

Randy,

I would love to see that car go! A CS6 churning out 380hp (or 450 for that matter!) with 410's... must be absolutely awesome. I'll most likely have my supercharger installed sometime in 2008. Right now it's still stock V8 power + K&N aircharger intake and the borla exhaust from the package.

Small world, Steph mentioned your car in one of our conversations a few weeks ago. Definitely great to see some Canadian content. Just too bad we have to put them to bed for 6 months of the year :wacko:

Do you have any pictures of the car from the side? I have yet to see a convertible. The gold stripes look great from the front.

Mike,

The car will look great, definitely can't go wrong with that package. Are you getting the 600hp or the 725hp? Looking forward to seeing it all done.

Cheers,

Kevin

Randy,

I would love to see that car go! A CS6 churning out 380hp (or 450 for that matter!) with 410's... must be absolutely awesome. I'll most likely have my supercharger installed sometime in 2008. Right now it's still stock V8 power + K&N aircharger intake and the borla exhaust from the package.

Small world, Steph mentioned your car in one of our conversations a few weeks ago. Definitely great to see some Canadian content. Just too bad we have to put them to bed for 6 months of the year :wacko:

Do you have any pictures of the car from the side? I have yet to see a convertible. The gold stripes look great from the front.

Mike,

The car will look great, definitely can't go wrong with that package. Are you getting the 600hp or the 725hp? Looking forward to seeing it all done.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi Kevin:

Going with the Kenny Bell 725 hp version.

We all should try and arrange a driving weekend somewhere in Northern Ontario end of May or June. What do you think? Not sure how to contact everyone other than a general post, we even may get a few of the boys South of the border to come up.

Take care,

Mike

Randy,

Mike,

Cheers,

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Yes the car moves along quite nicely to say the least...lol......unfortunately I already lost one drive shaft through the floor before I did the one piece shaft.

Just by changing the tuner to SCT and re-calibrating the vehicle at DaSilva Racing I jumped almost 30 hp

If you would like to see more photos go the the members gallery section on pages 12 & 13 and I have some posted there.

These photos are right when I got the car back from the body shop but before the suspension was added and the car lowered.

I also have 20 x 10 Boss wheels on the rear and 20 x 8.5 Boss wheels on the front not the razors.

When I bought the package the only offered the Razor wheels in 18" and the only option was gunmetal grey which would have looked terrible on a white car.

I am thinking about buying the 20 x 9 silver razors in the spring and selling this set.

I also had no interest in the stripe package that came with the original vehicles with that big snake on the door...just not my style....the new graphics like yours are much better but they still only offer the package in silver which is perfect for a dark vehicle but not so impressive on a white car.

It would be nice to see the stripe and graphics package in a variety of colours.

This year I'm keeping the car at my shop...it is fully heated all winter and I get to run it every day for a few minutes.

I was supposed to meet with Steph a couple of times as he had planned to travel to Toronto for a photo shoot but it never happened.

Mike....

By all means....I'm game to get together at any time.....I think that's a great idea and the more vehicles the better.

WOW....725 hp......you will be hard pressed to keep that beast on the road.....does it come with it's own cage..lol...

I can't even imagine that much power....that is some scary s**t.........

Even with what I have right now the back end breaks loose sometimes and makes the heart race......

I have an automatic and on a hot day I'll get rubber on at least two shifts after launch and it's a stock transmission.

I'm going to order the new B&M shifter for the car and install the race style start button on the dash over the winter.

Take care guys..

Randy

We all should try and arrange a driving weekend somewhere in Northern Ontario end of May or June. What do you think? Not sure how to contact everyone other than a general post, we even may get a few of the boys South of the border to come up.

Agreed, we should definitely organize something!

Very sharp looking ride CS Stang. I am new to these boards and have been seriously considering a CS8 Conversion (I have an '05 GT, Mineral Gray).

What's a ballpark figure on the CS8 Turn 1 kit, for installation and painting?

Hey MustangD,

I think it really depends on where you get it done. I got mine done by Sterling Ford in Ottawa, Turn 1 package was $18k cdn before taxes. That included the package from Shelby, labour, paint, insurance appraisal etc. All I gotta do is roll it out of the showroom in spring, they take care of everything else.

I imagine it might be cheaper from a dealer in the states, you'll have to check around where you are. In the end though, it's a great looking package that turns a lot of heads. I'm sure someone on the forum can give you an answer on U.S. pricing. By the way, welcome to the forums! :D

Amy,

Just out of curiosity, is there a list of authorized dealers/mod shops for installing the CS8 package?

Cheers,

Kevin

Thanks for the insight, CSstang. I'm sure someone on here has had it done in the U.S., and can help with pricing. Also, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been a Shelby fan for years and its great to see such a revival of the brand.

Amy - quick question. Does the stripe package for the CS8 only come in silver? I have an 05 GT in Mineral Gray and am on the fence about the silver stripes.

Hi to everyone, including Amy,

I'm the one who oversaw the complete build and quality assurance of Kevin's car. It was a lot of work, but definitely worth the efforts. The service from Shelby Performance was great during this build. While in Vegas for SEMA, I was invited to the Shelby cocktail party for the introduction of the Terlingua. Kenny spent a good portion of his evening helping me iron build questions instead of having fun with the others. That, to me, is a sign of commitment. We also ironed out a few things to have Sterling Ford an authorized Shelby Dealer. Upon my return, we completed the car, and the results speak for it self. We've got another build coming soon, and I hope the owner will join this forum and be just as satisfied as Kevin!

Congrats on you car Kevin!!! And yes, we should have a CS reunion at Sterling this spring. All of you, who live within driving distance, please write me a message. I'll organize something really cool for all of you!!!!

Archived