TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does paying ADM actually get you your ordered car any quicker?

BadTony

Does the regional office/rep have any inkling that a dealer's customer is paying a high ADM and therefore gives that order any higher place in the line for orders that are next to be pulled for production?

Does the regional office/rep have any inkling that a dealer's customer is paying a high ADM and therefore gives that order any higher place in the line for orders that are next to be pulled for production?

the short and long answers are both no. The dealer enters a priority code when he places the order. Of course, for the small dealer, they only get one per year. So basically, their car is built when the zone rep feels that their turn has come up. I think every zone is handling the lottery somewhat differently. For the dealer with multiple orders, it would make sense for them to assign a higher priority to the car with the highest adm.

the short and long answers are both no. The dealer enters a priority code when he places the order. Of course, for the small dealer, they only get one per year. So basically, their car is built when the zone rep feels that their turn has come up. I think every zone is handling the lottery somewhat differently. For the dealer with multiple orders, it would make sense for them to assign a higher priority to the car with the highest adm.

other than dealer's order priority that is, (but let's just say that it's a 10) really talking about rep choosing one dealer over another

other than dealer's order priority that is, (but let's just say that it's a 10) really talking about rep choosing one dealer over another

I don't think anyone involved in the process would honestly answer your question, but I really think this is when it becomes important for the zone rep to personally like your dealership owner. The zone reps are kinda like mini gods on some things, and this seems to be one of them. We really don't want anyone, particularly the dealers, starting to think/believe that they will get their car first if they charge the customer more. Shivers are already starting to go up and down my spine.

I don't think anyone involved in the process would honestly answer your question, but I really think this is when it becomes important for the zone rep to personally like your dealership owner. The zone reps are kinda like mini gods on some things, and this seems to be one of them. We really don't want anyone, particularly the dealers, starting to think/believe that they will get their car first if they charge the customer more. Shivers are already starting to go up and down my spine.

The more the buyers of this car understand that, the more they will refuse to pay the ADM at any level. It seems that there are an awful lot of Shelby buyers out there who are completely uneducated (in the process) and simply assume that they will receive their cars sooner because they paid an ADM higher than the next guy, and that by doing so, that they will get their car sooner than everyone else.

Quoting KCMO: "Of course, for the small dealer, they only get one per year."

So, what you are saying is my dealer, the only Ford dealer in a small town, not SVT cert., not PA winner, is only allotted one per year? If that is true, then I will probably not see my Shelby before January or later? Holy Crap, no wonder we get annoyed with some of the sales mgrs.

Thanks for the info.

T

Quoting KCMO: "Of course, for the small dealer, they only get one per year."

So, what you are saying is my dealer, the only Ford dealer in a small town, not SVT cert., not PA winner, is only allotted one per year? If that is true, then I will probably not see my Shelby before January or later? Holy Crap, no wonder we get annoyed with some of the sales mgrs.

Thanks for the info.

T

make sure the dealer has been certified for their one per year. this involves paperwork, online test, and 1500 fee. Now if he was previously a full SVT dealer, they would get 2 per year for that. good luck

make sure the dealer has been certified for their one per year. this involves paperwork, online test, and 1500 fee. Now if he was previously a full SVT dealer, they would get 2 per year for that. good luck

some of the small dealers will not get their first one until next may or june

some of that could be because they have PL cars as well as a 1st allocation, or they are breaking rules, or they are buying another dealers allocation once it arrives so they can add an even bigger ADM than they paid, or they are sucking off someone at Ford, regional rep , management etc.. to get treated better

What ever happened to every certified dealer (all dealers that are getting 1 or more) getting their car before dealers start getting their second , and subsequent allocations??

I'm thinking that is was just wishful thinking on our part. I recall seeing something here recently that indicated 20% of each month's production was slated for meeting the needs of the dealers who were just getting one.

no, if I remember right, this info came from an internal meeting was explained on another thread by robert, platinumlion or somebody like that

Ford DID insinuate that the big dealers would get thier cars first but that all would get one before seconds and thirds for the larger dealers.

Recent memos completely reverse that to the point that 80% of all production will go to larger dealer, PA SVT etc and only 20% will be used to slowly fill orders from the certified dealers.

This means that many GT500s will be delivered to the large dealers before some of the smaller dealers get thier one and only. And that is IF production continues without parts or build difficulties through the full production year.

It is WRONG and UNFAIR to the customers but Ford has repeatedly said that they do not care and do not consider the actual buyers as thier customer.

Can you guess that I am stuck in this trap now?

The region control;s the allocation of Shelby's. We are a the largest dealer in sales volume in our Zone in the Chicago Region and in the top ten of all the Chicago Region Dealers. We were Focus SVT [was full line SVT but told Ford to shove it after the Cobra Fiasco a couple years ago]. We have gotten 2 scheduled and built [one is a power lease]. We were told we should get one more plus share of nation of MAYBE one more. No one can tell us for sure and our new regional rep is the worst I have seen in 25 years so i am not going to hold my breath. I personally sold both of the ones that are coming in and have deposits on the other two should we get them. The sales people are pissed at me for selling them all but I say that's their tough luck, they could have done the same thing as I did but most of them can;t see past tomorrow let along 6 months in the future. They didn't even have a clue about the car until the 1st ones were already scheduled.

The zone reps are kinda like mini gods on some things, and this seems to be one of them. We really don't want anyone, particularly the dealers, starting to think/believe that they will get their car first if they charge the customer more. Shivers are already starting to go up and down my spine.

Mini Gods....ha ha.....I like that one........

Actually big dealers aren't getting priority because they are bigger. Many smaller dealers are now getting Shelby scheduled along with some of thw bigger dealers 2nd unit.........I think Ford has pretty much stuck with the allocation plan rolled out months ago. Nothing has changed. It is just the mystery of the allocation system to outsiders is what makes people think Ford is doing things differently........

Mini Gods....ha ha.....I like that one........

Actually big dealers aren't getting priority because they are bigger. Many smaller dealers are now getting Shelby scheduled along with some of thw bigger dealers 2nd unit.........I think Ford has pretty much stuck with the allocation plan rolled out months ago. Nothing has changed. It is just the mystery of the allocation system to outsiders is what makes people think Ford is doing things differently........

You hit the nail on the head. The Ford allocation system is still a mystery and a big unknown, maybe even to them, and it is hard to develop any comfort level with how it is going. Fear of the unkown is more than just a catch phrase.

John

You hit the nail on the head. The Ford allocation system is still a mystery and a big unknown, maybe even to them, and it is hard to develop any comfort level with how it is going. Fear of the unkown is more than just a catch phrase.

John

Its not an unknown other than the final outcome date for me is kept a mystery.

Known facts: Large and well connected dealers are receiving second GT500s now and my dealer has not received nor even received a VIN for his first. (mine) Also fact is that the second units being received have order dates later than mine and are NOT PL cars.

Simple as that. Others that ordered later are being placed ahead of me in line due to circumstances that have nothing to do with the customer. It is favoritism and Ford loudly proclaiming that the end customer is not thier concern, the dealer and only the dealer is.

Its not an unknown other than the final outcome date for me is kept a mystery.

Known facts: Large and well connected dealers are receiving second GT500s now and my dealer has not received nor even received a VIN for his first. (mine) Also fact is that the second units being received have order dates later than mine and are NOT PL cars.

Simple as that. Others that ordered later are being placed ahead of me in line due to circumstances that have nothing to do with the customer. It is favoritism and Ford loudly proclaiming that the end customer is not thier concern, the dealer and only the dealer is.

those greedy , corrupt, unethical, anti-customer satisfaction SOBs

and in the end, the customer gets screwed. especially if he is getting his Shelby from a smaller "Shelby certified only (non SVT / non Focus SVT etc.. etc..)" dealer

Archived