TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Headers with Paxton SC kit?

efrazier

I'm going to be upgrading my Shelby GT with the Shelby/Paxton super charger. I enjoy track days and events and felt this was the best system for my driving style as it operates better at high RPM's which on a road course are constant. Question is there any advantage to adding the JBA ceramic coated headers? I like the thought of adding them, but just want to make sure there is a benefit. Also with the stock supercharger Paxton kit, what kind of RWHP should I expect?

Thanks!

I'm going to be upgrading my Shelby GT with the Shelby/Paxton super charger. I enjoy track days and events and felt this was the best system for my driving style as it operates better at high RPM's which on a road course are constant. Question is there any advantage to adding the JBA ceramic coated headers? I like the thought of adding them, but just want to make sure there is a benefit. Also with the stock supercharger Paxton kit, what kind of RWHP should I expect?

Thanks!

Tracker,

From all the info I've read hp gain via headers minimal at best. Cost for hp not worth the investment. I'm not saying it wouldn't help the motor breathe better and definitely sound better, but actual hp gain is 5 to 6 max. Headers will probably will be the most costly and least amount of performance of all mods.

As far as RWHP, you're going to receive the car from Shelby at about 375-400 rwhp, with a manual. You then can have it dyno tuned, with an experience tuner (a must) and have them bump it to about 450 rwhp. Much more than this and your looking for trouble. If I was gonna use this car for a lot of track time, I might even keep the Shelby tune on it. I'd still have it dyno tuned to make sure your air/fuel mixture is good to go. Second and third gear have incredible pull.

Hope this helps, Dave

Archived