TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Project complete

RogerS

they look GREAT Roger. glad your feeling better. if im not mistaken werent they satin then you painted them black? Shelby came out perfect!!!!! i know im not the only one that noticed, but what did you do to the HEAD REST!!!!! i know when i sold the car they were on there. did you pawn them so that you could have gas money :lol:

michael morris

they look GREAT Roger. glad your feeling better. if im not mistaken werent they satin then you painted them black? Shelby came out perfect!!!!! i know im not the only one that noticed, but what did you do to the HEAD REST!!!!! i know when i sold the car they were on there. did you pawn them so that you could have gas money :lol:

michael morris

They were brushed satin. They have 2 coats of black and 3 coats of clear. It took me over a week to mask the rivets and "SHELBY" on both sides. Another 3 days to remove the "liquid" mask then back to have them cleared. The headrest skins are a work in process. They, along with other pieces of the interior are in Dallas, TX. I thought you told me that the headrest covers were an option? :blink: :lol::lol:

They were brushed satin. They have 2 coats of black and 3 coats of clear. It took me over a week to mask the rivets and "SHELBY" on both sides. Another 3 days to remove the "liquid" mask then back to have them cleared. The headrest skins are a work in process. They, along with other pieces of the interior are in Dallas, TX. I thought you told me that the headrest covers were an option? :blink: :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

i think i would rather have the headrest completely off then to look at them NAKED!!!! :lol:

Been working on this for awhile now. Just feeling a little better to install them today.

You and Adam are killing me! I really want these as well...black like you guys have. I might have to talk to you later about the liquid mask....

Looks great!

Hey Roger!

Glad you're feeling well!

Thanks Jeff. Been a longer than expected time in recovery. But getting better each day. Just trying to build a little stamina.

You and Adam are killing me! I really want these as well...black like you guys have. I might have to talk to you later about the liquid mask....

Looks great!

Thanks Brian, it is somewhat time consuming to prep the panels. Just ordered the satin with the Shelby logo laser etched. The liquid mask was purchased at a hobby shop and sutible to spray enamel over the top. I originally began taping with fine line masking tape but it was way too labor intensive and looked for an alternitive. I applied with a model paint brush in 3 light coats on each rivet and inside the Shelby logo. Then they painted with the Black color coats. They came back to me and I had to peel the liquid mask with exacto knives. Then back to the body shop for 3 coats of clear. They look fantastic. Adam had his painted at SAI entirely in black. He did see the finished product and I'm thiniking he is ordering another set. :lol::lol::lol:

Roger how about a picture of the entire car now, I'd sure like to see it with these on!

Thanks-

Swede, I'll be taking it out for a ride tomorrow and taking a few photo's. Don't have the headrests back yet or the steering wheel installed but I plan on taking a little cruise to Newport, RI tomorrow with my friend Adam. I'll post them up when I return. Should be a nice sunny day with temps in the low 50's.

Roger, I have to agree with everyone else, the plates look fantastic! Have alot of fun in Newport. That is one of my favorite places to visit. Been there a couple of times over the years.

What have you done as far as detailing on the exterior paint?

Wes

Thanks Wes. This is my favorite time of year for Newport! No tourist! :lol::lol: As far as the paint, just a good wash with Dawn, Clay bar, Griot's microfine machine polish and then a coat of Griot's best of show liquid wax. I have not glazed the car yet. I just want to get a little protection on before storing for the winter. I will be doing a more comprehensive detail prior to the spring and getting it ready for the show circuit.

Roger the car is looking good. Good to see you up and about. I was wondering where you had been. I havent been on as much the past week so I thought I just hadnt seen you on. You gys have fun on the cruise tomorrow. I washed mine and officially put her up today:( My driveway is a skaiting rink from washing it!LOL Im heading down your way somewhat tomorrow. Going to se the Pats play. Take care and keep Adam out of trouble tomorrow :)

Sweeet just bought the Silver ones from ShelbyPerformance and didn't like the look but after seeing how it looks Black going to start working on it tomorrow. :)

Revans I used Microscales Industires, Inc. Liquid Micro Mask (medium) purchased at a hobby shop. It will clean up with water if you get it on the surface of the plate. The most difficult part is getting it off without chipping the paint after they have been painted. I needed to take a pinstripe brush and some black touch up from the body shop to touchup some of the knife marks. It takes a very steady hand but as you see it can be done with a little patience and time.

Thanks Brian, it is somewhat time consuming to prep the panels. Just ordered the satin with the Shelby logo laser etched. The liquid mask was purchased at a hobby shop and sutible to spray enamel over the top. I originally began taping with fine line masking tape but it was way too labor intensive and looked for an alternitive. I applied with a model paint brush in 3 light coats on each rivet and inside the Shelby logo. Then they painted with the Black color coats. They came back to me and I had to peel the liquid mask with exacto knives. Then back to the body shop for 3 coats of clear. They look fantastic. Adam had his painted at SAI entirely in black. He did see the finished product and I'm thiniking he is ordering another set. :lol::lol::lol:

I bet he is ordering a ...third set! :lol:

Archived