TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BLACK ON BLACK

SGT

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

I said this a long time ago that I have black shift knob for my car. There was problems with my old camera so it is black Friday and you all know what that means. As my wife says TIME TO GO SHOPPING !!!!!! Tell Me what you think.

It's what you think is important. I lean more toward the white, it's a nostalgic thing.

White...Just like my very first Hurst Competition Plus shifter back in 1966. It was a 1964 GTO, and the tear drop hood scoop was rivited on.

Like the hood scoop rivets today, I see it as a design cue intended to remind us of our roots.

It worked on me...

Here we go again. I am sure that we will soon hear that "...clearly the white shifts faster than the black..."

Well, you won't hear this from me. Black, white, red or green, grabbing a knob is always what's it's about, eh? Hehehe...

I just wish some folks would be more considerate about the size of their imbedded pics. Some are so large that it makes the thread too difficult to keep up to date on what's happening while having to scroll four inches from left to right to read the end of a sentence. I don't have a 22" LCD monitor...

Don't we have a "gallery" here? Some place where we can post our pics and insert a link in a post?

Jeeze...Gimmie a break, gents, K?

Here we go again. I am sure that we will soon hear that "...clearly the white shifts faster than the black..."

Umm...well, they are... <_<

Duh...everyone knows that! :blink:

Well, you won't hear this from me. Black, white, red or green, grabbing a knob is always what's it's about, eh? Hehehe...

I just wish some folks would be more considerate about the size of their imbedded pics. Some are so large that it makes the thread too difficult to keep up to date on what's happening while having to scroll four inches from left to right to read the end of a sentence. I don't have a 22" LCD monitor...

Don't we have a "gallery" here? Some place where we can post our pics and insert a link in a post?

When the pics are large and imbedded they are actually URLs to another site. Posts here are VERY limited in size and qty. The second issue is people that reply, include the original post but don't delete the picture URLS. The result is the same pics OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. Gets old guys! Please delete the pic URLS when replying?!?! Please?

Of course the new forum allows for larger pics AND reduces the size of imbedded pics allowing you to click to see full size.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/

Of course when I see the above happen over there I go in and delete the URLs myself.

Just sayin... <_<

Black or white,The cueball style always will appeal to me,Thought about the T-handle once any comments on that?Any thing but the newer style leather covered jobies does me good.

I have the T handle and think it's great, much more control over shifting for us big-handed individuals.

Only thing is since it's a solid piece of aluminum, in the summer time it can ba like grabbing a hot coal!

I have the T handle and think it's great, much more control over shifting for us big-handed individuals.

Only thing is since it's a solid piece of aluminum, in the summer time it can ba like grabbing a hot coal!

I like the THandle to, always hed them in my younger days. They have one for the 4 speed with the nice Hurst logo but not for the 5 speed. I sent them an email asking them to make one for us :)

I like the THandle to, always hed them in my younger days. They have one for the 4 speed with the nice Hurst logo but not for the 5 speed. I sent them an email asking them to make one for us :)

I'm pretty sure the Mustang GT has had the same shift pattern since the eighties,So you would think that they would have made one already.I guess you can always go with the no pattern handle.Just don't let an uninformed individual drive it!

I'm pretty sure the Mustang GT has had the same shift pattern since the eighties,So you would think that they would have made one already.I guess you can always go with the no pattern handle.Just don't let an uninformed individual drive it!

you'd think so but I don't see it on their site. This is the one I like...

HurstTBar.jpg

:rolleyes: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rolleyes: <_< J/K

Personally I dont care for the black, but to each his own. I like the white. Wish I could find a white ball with HURST written on the side.

I don't dislike the black--actually looks nice in a different way. It would be cool if it had silver lettering to really match the car. For my tastes/car, I think I prefer to stick with my "retro" white ball though. But, as we've all said many times---it only matters what you like, it's your car. Both options look nice though

I still have the white one but my vote would be for silver but I could not find one on the web for the Hurst shifter.

The wheels look great. What are they and do you have better pics?

Wheather has not been great since I got them so pictures are soso getting the light right to show the shine on these wheels is a challenge.

Shelbybackground2.jpg

I wish they made a grey one. Why does everything concerning the 07 SGT's come down to black or white? Can't we all just get along... LOL I am just kidding of course. Black looks cool & different for sure. -but I'm gonna stick with my white one.

Courtesy of Three Dog Nite...C'mon, gents! Sing along!

"The ink is black, the page is white,

together we learn to read and write.

A child is black, a child is white,

the whole world looks upon the sight, a beautiful sight.

And now a child can understand,

that this is the law of all the land.

All the land!

The world is black, the world is white.

It turns by day, and then by night.

A child is black, a child is white.

Together they grow to see the light.

To see the light!"

Ummm....Nevermind.

If it doesn't come from Steeda, won't matter much here. Prolly won't even be funny.

Mo problem, got my NOMEX on anyway.

Archived