TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock Tailpipe Cleans up Pretty Good

A little elbow grease and some Mothers can do wonders.

post-6306-1154132669_thumb.jpg

Looks good. Welcome! Any thoughts about fit and finish? Other than the stripes. And I'm curious about the shifter to radio interferance. I kept thinking I would punch a hole through the radio on a powershift on a GT I drove hard this summer. Thanks and let us know if there are any filling the tank issues. :party:

Guest evilchris

Any suggestions on who makes a good slip on rolled slashed tip?

I'd just replace the mufflers, any good set has rolled tips. However rolled tips are an $80 dealer option on GT's, check and see if any difference in GT and GT500 tips.

Florida Chris, was wondering what you thought of the pedal locations for heel-toeing on a road course. Also any insight on knee-to-steering-column room and seat slide-back distance. I'm 6'2" 225 and those were the things that bugged me on my '01 Cobra -- even with the seat full-back, knees were still too bent for fast clutching and knee clearance was a problem. Also brake-accelerator heights weren't conducive to blipping the throttle for a downshift while braking. Any insight on the how this baby compares?

<Jetsolver, I was wondering about that radio-knuckle distance too... a few pix make it seem like only about 2 inches or so! Hopefully Chris has some insight for us.>

Thanks for any insight or pix (if posible??) :)

Chris - I've got to give you a nana. :bandance:

With all the iron in your stable, you're out there polishing up the tips!

Good form. :shift:

Take a look at Bassani exhaust.

" fell for the ole banana in the tailpipe trick"

Looks good. Welcome! Any thoughts about fit and finish? Other than the stripes. And I'm curious about the shifter to radio interferance. I kept thinking I would punch a hole through the radio on a powershift on a GT I drove hard this summer. Thanks and let us know if there are any filling the tank issues. :party:

Fit and finish are excellent. Even my stripes are quite good.

No interference with the shifter and radio...powershift is not a problem. You have about 3 1/2 inches of clearnace. See Photo.

No tank filling problems. Just squeeze the nozzle all the way and let her rip.

Florida Chris, was wondering what you thought of the pedal locations for heel-toeing on a road course. Also any insight on knee-to-steering-column room and seat slide-back distance. I'm 6'2" 225 and those were the things that bugged me on my '01 Cobra -- even with the seat full-back, knees were still too bent for fast clutching and knee clearance was a problem. Also brake-accelerator heights weren't conducive to blipping the throttle for a downshift while braking. Any insight on the how this baby compares?

<Jetsolver, I was wondering about that radio-knuckle distance too... a few pix make it seem like only about 2 inches or so! Hopefully Chris has some insight for us.>

Thanks for any insight or pix (if posible??) :)

Heel toe pedal positioning is such a personal thing. For me I'd prefer the pedals about an inch closer together, but your technique may be different than mine. As for the pedal height relationship, it is good.

The seat does go back quite far, far enough that for me it is too far back to depress the clutch without really extending my leg. I am 6'0" 205. I have had no issue with steering column interference.

Chris - I've got to give you a nana. :bandance:

With all the iron in your stable, you're out there polishing up the tips!

Good form. :shift:

Take a look at Bassani exhaust.

Thanks for the nana. Hell, what is the point of having cool iron if you're not polishing it and wrenching on it? Driving is only 1/2 the fun!

post-6306-1154254831_thumb.jpg

post-6306-1154255141_thumb.jpg

post-6306-1154254831_thumb.jpg

post-6306-1154255141_thumb.jpg

Hey, FloridaChris, thanks a bunch for the insight and pix...

I like what I'm seeing.

Yeah, you do have some sweet toys... enjoy your latest in good health!

-Dan

Dan-

I forgot to mention, the photo I took of the shifter/radio dimension was with the gear shift in third gear, NOT neutral. You have plenty of clearance to bang through the gearbox.

-C

Guest evilchris

I doubt you've ever owned a 5.0 Chris, but I had some adjustment to go through driving an s197. The 5.0 shifter sits much further away from my body in my driving position vs the s197. So when I first drove an s197, I'd slam my fist into the radio every time I reached for the shifter due to habit!

Dan-

I forgot to mention, the photo I took of the shifter/radio dimension was with the gear shift in third gear, NOT neutral. You have plenty of clearance to bang through the gearbox.

-C

Excellent! Thanks Chris. btw, the pedals pix helped too.

If you could notice for me (please don't do anything to risk your safety): when you're on the brakes, how close to accelerator height does the brake pedal get (on the '01 Cobra the accel was a good 2-3" lower so you had to turn your foot nearly full-sideways and essentially had to hook your heel on the brake to blip the accel). Ideally, the accelerator should be just a half-inch or so lower when on the brakes hard. Actually, Chris, when the brakes are all warmed up, if you step on them hard while stopped, that will give me all I need. Appreciate it so much if you could. :)

Hope you're havin' fun with her! :shift:

Excellent! Thanks Chris. btw, the pedals pix helped too.

If you could notice for me (please don't do anything to risk your safety): when you're on the brakes, how close to accelerator height does the brake pedal get (on the '01 Cobra the accel was a good 2-3" lower so you had to turn your foot nearly full-sideways and essentially had to hook your heel on the brake to blip the accel). Ideally, the accelerator should be just a half-inch or so lower when on the brakes hard. Actually, Chris, when the brakes are all warmed up, if you step on them hard while stopped, that will give me all I need. Appreciate it so much if you could. :)

Hope you're havin' fun with her! :shift:

I would say the accelerator is less than an inch lower than the brakes when you are hard on them from speed. For me the pedal height relationship works just fine for heal and toe but the side to side spacing could be a little closer.

I would say the accelerator is less than an inch lower than the brakes when you are hard on them from speed. For me the pedal height relationship works just fine for heal and toe but the side to side spacing could be a little closer.

Florida Chris, you are da man! Yeah, even the '01 spacing was a little wide but that doesn't bother me too much. An inch or less height offset is perfect. Thanks so much... really appreciate it. :rockon:

Archived