TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bullitt Email...

Michael Morris

OK, I have to ask...what is a BULLIT?

LuisA

there was a movie in the late 60s early 70s. the name of the movie was Bullitt. steve mcqueen played a detetive and he drove a 68 mustang GT. its know as the BEST car chase seen in a movie EVER! Ford made a bullitt car in 01 and now they are making another in 08. the car is always called Bullitt, but it was really the guy who drove the car.

anyone else got more?

michael morris

Michael,

Thanks for the explanation.

So, how is this car equipped?

How does it compare to the GT500?

What will MSRP be?

LuisA

i havent ordered it yet, but it can be optioned about the same as an SGT. can be green or black. movie car was highland green. theres some pictures on here somewhere. i think someone said it doesnt have any bling. kinda plain, but in a cool way.

should have a MSRP aroudn 34-35

michael morris

Maybe I can help a bit on the Bullitt. To be scheduled for a 7700 unit total run starting at Job#2, delivery in late January 2008. Dark Highland Green and Black, 5-speed only. Very few options are available like NAV and Sirius sat.radio, HID lamps, Ambient lighting, Active theft, and Wheel lock kit. That's about it, starting at MSRP of $31,075. It represents a very good value for those not wanting any bling at all and are partial to the movie Bullitt. Very unassuming car with a blacked out grille (not even a pony badge!) and nowhere does it even say Mustang! It probably won't have a lrage appeal unless you're a Bullitt fan or want something different.

Maybe I can help a bit on the Bullitt. To be scheduled for a 7700 unit total run starting at Job#2, delivery in late January 2008. Dark Highland Green and Black, 5-speed only. Very few options are available like NAV and Sirius sat.radio, HID lamps, Ambient lighting, Active theft, and Wheel lock kit. That's about it, starting at MSRP of $31,075. It represents a very good value for those not wanting any bling at all and are partial to the movie Bullitt. Very unassuming car with a blacked out grille (not even a pony badge!) and nowhere does it even say Mustang! It probably won't have a lrage appeal unless you're a Bullitt fan or want something different.

I agree.

If your not a fan of the movie, you wont understand it. Wait a while and you'll be able to pick one for a good price. I don't think they are going to all that well. Everybody understands "Shelby". Not very many understand "Bullit" anymore. :)

If you have to ask about the Bullitt car,And don't take offense at that,Just wait for the commercials Ford will inevitabely create for this car.You will then understand the mystique behind the Bullitt!

where yall saw one SGT commerical, be prepared ever other commerical will be about the Bullitt.

michael morris

Archived