TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A real Boss

SoftBatch

Aluminium 5.4 (4 or 3 valves w/ HIPO Cams due to VCT and simplicity)

6500+ RPM

Windage Tray

1" Ride Height Drop

Tuned springs about double/triple the rate of the Stock GT springs

Adjustable Shocks and Struts

17x9 or 18x9 (preferably 17") Wheels with 10" width optional.

Bigger rear anti-roll bar

Better Brake pads

Torsen LSD

3.73 gears optional

Be able to buy it as a Base Deluxe with Optional Rear Seat Delete

agreed but keep the rpm going up

I'd love to see a 5.4 aluminum block boss but it probably won't happen due to cost. The 5.4 aluminum block available is the Ford GT block and it is ~$2500 alone.

What I would love to see is the following:

Boss281 --DOHC 4.6 with VCT (350-375hp)

69 Boss 302 exterior scheme

Lowered ~1" all around

Shaker scoop

6-speed tranny

upgraded brakes and rear suspension components (road race/autocross inspired)

18" magnum 500 style wheels

Boss330 -- 5.4 3v or 4v with VCT (410hp-~430hp)

same upgrades as Boss281

Optional rear seat delete

Optional drag pack suspension and rear end gearing

BossTBA -- THis will be the King of the Mustang line up (Shelby Mustang being considered an offshoot for a higher scale buyer wanting more "plush" amenities to go with their ~485 hp)

DOHC v10 developed from the v10 concepts in the Cobra concept and GR1 550-650 hp

Extreme weigh reductions (~3200lbs with all fluids)

Rear seat delete standard

premium upgraded suspension and brake components (maybe switching to a 4 link)

Boss 429 inpspired styling

radio delete option

Full race seats with 5 point harness

Full sub frame connectors

Road race and drag pack options

Ok I take back what I said about the engine.

Put this in there

427 SOHC The Original "Cammer" B)

Thanks for the link, Great article about a great engine. Just shows you what an overhead cam engine can do with the right pistons [Hemi]and head combo. 7000 rpm red line too. sodium filled valves ect.

If they could make it out of aluminum to reduce weight then it would work in more applications. ie: BOSS MUSTANG. :) If Ford had an engine like this today they could use it in all their lines of vehicles as their "performance " answer to Dim-Chr 's HEMI. They could just call it "THE CAMMER" . :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link, Great article about a great engine. Just shows you what an overhead cam engine can do with the right pistons [Hemi]and head combo. 7000 rpm red line too. sodium filled valves ect.

If they could make it out of aluminum to reduce weight then it would work in more applications. ie: BOSS MUSTANG. :) If Ford had an engine like this today they could use it in all their lines of vehicles as their "performance " answer to Dim-Chr 's HEMI. They could just call it "THE CAMMER" . :P

Cammer Dynos

Cammer%20Dyno.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see a 5.4 aluminum block boss but it probably won't happen due to cost. The 5.4 aluminum block available is the Ford GT block and it is ~$2500 alone.

What I would love to see is the following:

Boss281 --DOHC 4.6 with VCT (350-375hp)

69 Boss 302 exterior scheme

Lowered ~1" all around

Shaker scoop

6-speed tranny

upgraded brakes and rear suspension components (road race/autocross inspired)

18" magnum 500 style wheels

Boss330 -- 5.4 3v or 4v with VCT (410hp-~430hp)

same upgrades as Boss281

Optional rear seat delete

Optional drag pack suspension and rear end gearing

BossTBA -- THis will be the King of the Mustang line up (Shelby Mustang being considered an offshoot for a higher scale buyer wanting more "plush" amenities to go with their ~485 hp)

DOHC v10 developed from the v10 concepts in the Cobra concept and GR1 550-650 hp

Extreme weigh reductions (~3200lbs with all fluids)

Rear seat delete standard

premium upgraded suspension and brake components (maybe switching to a 4 link)

Boss 429 inpspired styling

radio delete option

Full race seats with 5 point harness

Full sub frame connectors

Road race and drag pack options

Doesn't the 4.6L motor have an all aluminum block.

Doesn't the 4.6L motor have an all aluminum block.

Yes the 2005 GT Mustangs have aluminum blocks, but they are essentially the same block that came in the Mach1's. Those blocks are a far cry from the quality and strength of the Ford GT 5.4 block. Back when Ford first started producing the 4.6DOHC motor, they wanted to use an aluminum block but they didn't not have the machining cababilities to do so themselves so they contracted Teksid (the same company that builds Ferrari blocks and heads) to build the blocks. Teksid way overbuilt this block. It is able to handle over 1500hp before it has trouble holding the power. The problem is that they were extremely expensive for Ford to have them built and imported, so in 99 Ford began building their own aluminum blocks which fit the bill for production motors, but the WAP blocks will only hold 600-1000 hp depending on who you talk to. These blocks came in Explorers, Cobra Mustangs 99-00 and in the Mach1 Mustangs. Ford was worried about these blocks holding up in the 03-04 cobra's so they switched back to a cast iron block. Fast forward to the Ford GT and Ford had finally gotten all the machining and know how down. It is by far the strongest Block that Ford has ever built (holding upwards of 2000hp) but it is also the most expensive because of material, forging, and machining costs. Compounding this is the low production numbers of the block. As a reference, the 2005 4.6 aluminum block costs ~$1000 from Ford compared to $2500 for the 5.4 GT block from the Motorsports catalog.

Wow, very informative. I like the ideas you have on the Boss lineup.Great!! I was worried about the weight of the V10, it would have to be an aluminum block, but could you imagine a Boss V10. You are insane!! But in esscence thats probably what people said about the 429. BOO!!

Any info on the V10s Ford is using now. I have not seen one in a while?

• 1 month later...

Sweet car. There's no replacement for displacement your absolutly right. Ford should get with the program and give us some more cubes. But some guys want the Boss 302 and others want the 429 and most want it cheap. I want something like you have. Good looks, massive power. But I think the guys are being influenced by the japanese imports. That sucks.

PS Can I Get A Ride Sometime.

• 6 months later...

Archived