TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Now It's BABY Shelbys....!!!??

jaydub Mach1

No, it's actually a "Ford Mustang 2008 BABY SHELBY GT 350", just like it says on eBay...

Some people, my friend, are idiots.

i was trying to get some extra 08 SGTs when they first came out. i asked the zone mgr for them and she said that she had no control over them. they came from detroit. she thought i was talking about the GT500, i explained the SGT. she says " oh the BABY shelby". this is how most Ford dealers see the SGT, but its a good chance thats why they arent selling them very well.

michael morris

maybe baby by motor, but a supercharge fixes that. If anything the Gt 500 is the baby shelby, its not even from shelby. Its his name on an SVT cobra. Love the car dont get me wrong, but to me the definition of a shelby isnt just power. Its a mustang sent to shelby to be modified and have shelby performance and appearance parts on and the signature stripes.

just my 0.02

Well just a note they are calling them baby shelby's down here on the arkansas/texas border. When I told the local Ford dealer this was a GT Mustang with a Shelby Package they just looked at me funny when the 07s first came out.

Just my thoughts........ :D

Not sure who else sent a message to the dealer but I did this morning. Guess enough people did!

<_<

hey Jeff, how did you get roped into being a moderator on the darkside? i have been trying my best to find someway to use my new powers, but i just cant find anything :lol: i did change a cuss word the other day. dont know if im supposed to do that, but what they going to do

michael morris

hey Jeff, how did you get roped into being a moderator on the darkside? i have been trying my best to find someway to use my new powers, but i just cant find anything :lol: i did change a cuss word the other day. dont know if im supposed to do that, but what they going to do

michael morris

NOBODY FOOLS WITH THE GODFATHER! :lol:

michael morris

LOL...no idea! ;-)

I've been moving old topics to the new categories etc. So far, for the most part, people have been pretty good.

But then again it shouldn't take up a lot of time as long as everyone follows the pretty basic rules. But far so good! :)

Sort of like thanksgiving turkey only we can make sandwiches with our leftovers!Wonder how many Ford dealers are going to have to "eat" their SGT's thanks to massive greed and floor plan fees!Sorry about their luck!

Visiting for the holiday in Springfield MO. There are 2 Shelby GTs advertised in todays paper close to MSRP. One has a picture of a GT500 in the Shelby GT advertisement.

If these cars could speak,I'm sure an identity crisis would be high on the list!

Sort of like thanksgiving turkey only we can make sandwiches with our leftovers!Wonder how many Ford dealers are going to have to "eat" their SGT's thanks to massive greed and floor plan fees!Sorry about their luck!

The dealership near my home wants 12K over sticker for his SGT. I looked at the car back in late July, and I am still looking at it today.

I don't pretend to know much about selling cars, but this can't be working out well for Mc Carthy Ford. That's a long time to be sitting on inventory, yes?

Either way you look at it,Floor plan costs a definate amount,Even if they paid up front and actually own the car,Unless it draws a lot of attention,Cheaper than commercials,It still eats into their pocket a little more every day!I wish these high prices would keep our values high,But they don't seem to be helping at all.

The Ford dealer in lodi.ca has three SGT one white,two black. $51,000. Elk Grove ford in Elk Grove,Ca. has three two white,one Black $50,000. The scoops look great on them. Happy Thanksgiving

That's INSANE! At this rate they'll still have them this time next year! :rolleyes:

Either way you look at it,Floor plan costs a definate amount,Even if they paid up front and actually own the car,Unless it draws a lot of attention,Cheaper than commercials,It still eats into their pocket a little more every day!I wish these high prices would keep our values high,But they don't seem to be helping at all.

yep..I'm sure it's off plan now so they are getting deeper by the day AND they had to pay the $7.5K SAI bill upon receipt so they are out that as well! Arrogant, dumb, desperate, or maybe a little of all.

The same thing happened to me with a car I would have bought at a Glenview IL Ford dealer back in January. The dealer wanted $12K over MSRP. The car sat there for months. It was FINALLY bought in late June and met the driver where I think he bought it for a little over who really wanted an AT. That dealer could have sold that car 5 months earlier! Oh well...

The saleman at Elk Grove tried to tell me that the black and white SGT were 08's. When I told him that mine was S/C and I still had less Money in mine than they wanted for there SGT's he just got a blank look on his face and said nothing. They also had two GT500 and they wanted $75,000 for them.

The saleman at Elk Grove tried to tell me that the black and white SGT were 08's. When I told him that mine was S/C and I still had less Money in mine than they wanted for there SGT's he just got a blank look on his face and said nothing. They also had two GT500 and they wanted $75,000 for them.

There is one honest one that is on this board, Michael Morris. The car business has been this way since Henry Ford started. Just the nature of the business, and there are plenty of mulitmillion aires out there from the car business and they do enjoy their lives by buying SuperSnakes! :D

The Ford dealer in lodi.ca has three SGT one white,two black. $51,000. Elk Grove ford in Elk Grove,Ca. has three two white,one Black $50,000. The scoops look great on them. Happy Thanksgiving

Soooo...

Was 37k+ too much for my 07? :mellow:

Archived