TEAM SHELBY FORUM

License Plate Bracket

CSM07GT

I saw this "show and go" bracket at California Muscle Parts on the internet:

http://www.calmuscleparts.com/store/produc...roduct_ID=28812

Has anyone seen or installed this on their SGT? For those of us who need to install a front license plate, it looks like some drilling would be necessary, but it would be out-of-sight and may work with the lower grille/driving lights/ brake duct inserts.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Has anyone seen or installed this on their SGT? For those of us who need to install a front license plate, it looks like some drilling would be necessary, but it would be out-of-sight and may work with the lower grille/driving lights/ brake duct inserts.

haven't seen that one yet-if you try it or hear anything, let us know how it works out.

Hey CS,

Thanks for finding this. I am having the lower grill/driving lights/brake duct inserts put on my car. I bought the Craig Brousaard bracket and he said it will work even with the new items, but will take some patience. I just ordered your bracket and will see how it stacks up. I do not have a problem with drillling if it cannot be seen. Jim

Hey CS,

Thanks for finding this. I am having the lower grill/driving lights/brake duct inserts put on my car. I bought the Craig Brousaard bracket and he said it will work even with the new items, but will take some patience. I just ordered your bracket and will see how it stacks up. I do not have a problem with drillling if it cannot be seen. Jim

JIM-please do let us know how it works how/looks/installs etc. I'm with you on the drilling. Larry

Moss motors has the same type of front license bracket, looks interesting just not dure if it can be made to miss the lower driving lights. I need to get something I had a police car follow me into work the other day and ask if I had a front plate. He just gave me a warining but told me to get it put on.

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...050&SortOrder=1

I put a front plate on reluctantly cause I just didnt want to deal with those mopes (and I have cops in my family, so b4 you start.....STOP!) over something so simple, dont they have something better to do?

I see dozens of morons swerving in and out of their lane everyday while talking on a cell phone and I have never seen one of those people get pulled over.

I know you cant say it.....but "get a life jabroany"

I put a front plate on reluctantly cause I just didnt want to deal with those mopes (and I have cops in my family, so b4 you start.....STOP!) over something so simple, dont they have something better to do?

I see dozens of morons swerving in and out of their lane everyday while talking on a cell phone and I have never seen one of those people get pulled over.

I know you cant say it.....but "get a life jabroany"

Wicked, once again you speak the truth . . . . Jim

First, why do we always bash the cops when we dont like that they are pointing out the fact that WE ARNT FOLLOWING THE LAW?

Second, why are we getting upset with cops who are being paid our tax dollars for doing their job we pay them to do?

Third, If you dont like a law, its not the cops who write them, talk/write to your local legislator? Id love to know how many of you have done that.

Fianlly, I can tell you first hand, from experience, these laws are on the books for a reason. Any of you remember the "sniper" in the Washington DC area? There is a good possibility atleast a few lives would of been saved if everyone had front tags on their vehicles during those times.

I know Im gonna get bashed for posting this so go ahead and let me have it.......Im ready

Wicked, once again you speak the truth . . . . Jim

No you won't get bashed. That is part of why this Forum is so great. We are family. You not only have the right to your view, you have the right to publish it for the rest of us to see. It is because we are family that no one goes off the deep end when someone, like you, posts a heart felt opinion. It is just that and, as such, is respected by the rest of us. :) Jim

1,2, and 3rd......however it is the cops who pull you over for the front plate missing and NEVER seem to do anything about the mopes swerving in and out of their lanes talking on cell phones....hence the jabroany.

The legislature makes no such distinction.

Their time, the officers of the law, could be better spent actually enforcing a law that makes a difference, like the swervers.

and your "finally" comment is just a bit obscure.......half the states in this great nation dont have front plate laws, so apparently, not too many share your sniper theory.

no bashing Reino, just a discussion amongst friends/family, everyones opinion counts........

Fianlly, I can tell you first hand, from experience, these laws are on the books for a reason. Any of you remember the "sniper" in the Washington DC area? There is a good possibility at least a few lives would of been saved if everyone had front tags on their vehicles during those times.

Why? Would the front plate have deflected the bullet or something? :D

I wonder if this plate flipper will work with the CA bumper on our cars? They show it on the standard GT bumper.

Wicked, you usually seem to be so knowledgable.

First you said something about "the cops who pull you over for the front plate missing and NEVER seem to do anything about the mopes swerving in and out of their lanes"

When is the last time you asked a cop why he was pulling someone(other then yourself) over or actually know why s/he was pulling someone over? The fact of the matter is you have no idea why people are getting pulled over, unless its you. Or are you now going to tell me you know what other people think or what the cop is thinking?

Im assuming your a good driver (thats why I said other then yourself above) and only get pulled over for not having a front tag because they "have nothing better to do" and this is the only interaction you have with cops, therefore this is where you form your opinion of cops, and for that I'm sorry. Though Im happy for you this is your only interaction.

Your absolutely wrong about the legislation making no such distinction between laws. If they didnt want them enforced they would not be on the books. Plus, they do make a distinction between traffic infractions as there are diffecent classes of violations (atleast in my state).

My final comment is a "bit obscure"? Im very sorry but your a bit uninformed. The fact of the mattes is 19 states in this great nation dont require a front plate. They are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Would you please tell me which of those states border the DC area? There arnt any. Just to fill you in on what I was talking about, after a few of the shootings there was tag info being entered trying to find vehicles that were leaving the areas of the shootings. These "tag readers" were placed along the interstates in the area. If everyone had a front tag there is a better possibility the sniper would of been caught sooner by finding vehicles that left areas of the shootings. Im not at all saying they would of but only saying a better possibility.

How many vehicles on the interstates during that time do you think had front tags? Remember there isnt a state bordering the DC area not requiring a front tag. I dont have the exact number (much like you didnt on the states requiring front tags) but, only about 50% had front tags. I think 25% is a hight number for travelers but even if 25% were traveling throught the area, explain the other 25%.

My "sniper story", as you call it, cant be shared, nor do I expect it to be shared by many in the nation. It was a localized event.

Your comment about "Their time, the officers of the law, could be better spent actually enforcing a law that makes a difference, like the swervers" I find the most suprising anytime I hear. Citizens have no idea what kinds of crimes are solved, how many drugs are seized, or how many warrants, violent in nature, are served on people off normal "routine" traffic stops for B/S reasons. Cops do realize there are B/S laws but sometimes you just have to use them as a tool for catching the bigger fish. Just so you know, people trafficing drugs dont drive around cars with busted out tail lights and flat tires. They drive the nicer cars with the minor violations if any, like no front tag.

Usually when your stopped for a B/S violation you will get off with a warning, much like Shleby-Don did, unless there is something else there or you decide to make is a traffic stop for the cop to remember. Be nice, polite and joke with the cop when appropriate but also letting him know its a serious violation, wether you think it is or not. If you do that you will probable leave with a warning.

Lastly, I would like to add I have a bigger problem, and I hope you agree with people like the person who posted on here a few months back he was in the NY State Police hiring process and was stopped for doing well over 100 mph, and I think it was about 125mph with this car in 3rd gear. He had said he was thinking about running from the cops putting his life, the cops life and others life in danger that night. This is obviously a hight class of traffic violation, and much more ignorant, then no front tag.

Please dont take offence to any of this, it just annoys me when people talk about this when they are only speaking of their interactions as if its the only things cops do and have no idea what the reality of the job is. And from the words of my friend wicked himself "just a discussion amongst friends/family, everyones opinion counts........"

Stumper....I dare you to drill some holes in your front license plate! (naturally to aid in cooling)

I double dare you to drill the holes,so when finished, it spells out "SHELBY" :)

I double dog dare you.

Sorry watched christmas story last night and couldnt resist.

I'll be sure and remember that when I'm in Virginia copper! :lol: (use James Cagney's voice, its better!)

I dont have to read anyones mind when I witness the swerving in the presence of cops (daily) and the culprits dont get pulled over...its plain to see.

The cops sit at a major intersection everyday about a mile from my office. They pull over EVERYONE doing 51 (or higher) in a 50. Hands free cell phone use is the law here, every single day I see someone drifting out of their lane talking on a cell phone in clear and direct violation of the law and in plain sight. You can bet your life, one of those swerving cell phone violators is going to kill someone way before the guy doing 51, but, alas, they dont get pulled over. Of course, once someone is killed in that town by a person on their phone, I am sure that cell phone dragnet will be instituted.

Then again, when someone's Captain wants cell phone tickets written, it will get done, especially in the last week of the month!

And the sniper inncident in DC was tragic.........but your example as a reason to require front plates is ridiculous. It may have made your job easier in that instance, but the law was enacted long before 2002.

Why not have my name in big letters across the door, with a picture, bet that would have made your job easier too.

I said half the States, turns out to be 19, I can live with that, its not like it was 5 and it certainly doesnt support your point.

And actually, in my experience, most of the people I know driving around with no front plate dont get pulled over, around here anyway. I have a front plate for one reason, because its the law, and I am in compliance.

(This way they dont pull me over and find all that cocaine in my trunk!)

And apparently your policeman sensibility was offended by my posts, but you must get that alot.

Policemans work is never appreciated, remember my forum brother?

Ever since my carry permit came through anyway. ;)

And you are right, I dont know what policeman in Virginia do, my only experience in Virginia was doing 90 mph with the cruise control set trying to get to Spring Break in Florida. (circa 1985, sorry, staute of limitations has passed.) But here in NY/NJ, I have numerous family and friends that are still on or were once on the job, so I have heard it all, trust me. The police scanner doesnt hurt either.

And I have been called alot of things on this forum, but knowledgible? thats a first!

First, why do we always bash the cops when we dont like that they are pointing out the fact that WE ARNT FOLLOWING THE LAW?

Second, why are we getting upset with cops who are being paid our tax dollars for doing their job we pay them to do?

Third, If you dont like a law, its not the cops who write them, talk/write to your local legislator? Id love to know how many of you have done that.

Fianlly, I can tell you first hand, from experience, these laws are on the books for a reason. Any of you remember the "sniper" in the Washington DC area? There is a good possibility atleast a few lives would of been saved if everyone had front tags on their vehicles during those times.

I know Im gonna get bashed for posting this so go ahead and let me have it.......Im ready

If you think that tickets are about safety or any other such nonsense you are deluded. Its all about revenue generation and yes I get hearburn when I pay their salary to hit me with what amounts to a random tax. Thats not to say cops don't do good things or that I don't largely support them but traffic is largely BS and a great many of the officers I know feel the same way.

Wicked, you usually seem to be so knowledgable.

First you said something about "the cops who pull you over for the front plate missing and NEVER seem to do anything about the mopes swerving in and out of their lanes"

When is the last time you asked a cop why he was pulling someone(other then yourself) over or actually know why s/he was pulling someone over? The fact of the matter is you have no idea why people are getting pulled over, unless its you. Or are you now going to tell me you know what other people think or what the cop is thinking?

Im assuming your a good driver (thats why I said other then yourself above) and only get pulled over for not having a front tag because they "have nothing better to do" and this is the only interaction you have with cops, therefore this is where you form your opinion of cops, and for that I'm sorry. Though Im happy for you this is your only interaction.

Your absolutely wrong about the legislation making no such distinction between laws. If they didnt want them enforced they would not be on the books. Plus, they do make a distinction between traffic infractions as there are diffecent classes of violations (atleast in my state).

My final comment is a "bit obscure"? Im very sorry but your a bit uninformed. The fact of the mattes is 19 states in this great nation dont require a front plate. They are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Would you please tell me which of those states border the DC area? There arnt any. Just to fill you in on what I was talking about, after a few of the shootings there was tag info being entered trying to find vehicles that were leaving the areas of the shootings. These "tag readers" were placed along the interstates in the area. If everyone had a front tag there is a better possibility the sniper would of been caught sooner by finding vehicles that left areas of the shootings. Im not at all saying they would of but only saying a better possibility.

How many vehicles on the interstates during that time do you think had front tags? Remember there isnt a state bordering the DC area not requiring a front tag. I dont have the exact number (much like you didnt on the states requiring front tags) but, only about 50% had front tags. I think 25% is a hight number for travelers but even if 25% were traveling throught the area, explain the other 25%.

My "sniper story", as you call it, cant be shared, nor do I expect it to be shared by many in the nation. It was a localized event.

Your comment about "Their time, the officers of the law, could be better spent actually enforcing a law that makes a difference, like the swervers" I find the most suprising anytime I hear. Citizens have no idea what kinds of crimes are solved, how many drugs are seized, or how many warrants, violent in nature, are served on people off normal "routine" traffic stops for B/S reasons. Cops do realize there are B/S laws but sometimes you just have to use them as a tool for catching the bigger fish. Just so you know, people trafficing drugs dont drive around cars with busted out tail lights and flat tires. They drive the nicer cars with the minor violations if any, like no front tag.

Usually when your stopped for a B/S violation you will get off with a warning, much like Shleby-Don did, unless there is something else there or you decide to make is a traffic stop for the cop to remember. Be nice, polite and joke with the cop when appropriate but also letting him know its a serious violation, wether you think it is or not. If you do that you will probable leave with a warning.

Lastly, I would like to add I have a bigger problem, and I hope you agree with people like the person who posted on here a few months back he was in the NY State Police hiring process and was stopped for doing well over 100 mph, and I think it was about 125mph with this car in 3rd gear. He had said he was thinking about running from the cops putting his life, the cops life and others life in danger that night. This is obviously a hight class of traffic violation, and much more ignorant, then no front tag.

Please dont take offence to any of this, it just annoys me when people talk about this when they are only speaking of their interactions as if its the only things cops do and have no idea what the reality of the job is. And from the words of my friend wicked himself "just a discussion amongst friends/family, everyones opinion counts........"

I double dog dare you.

Sorry watched christmas story last night and couldnt resist.

That my friend is a load of rubbish IMHO...

If you think that tickets are about safety or any other such nonsense you are deluded. Its all about revenue generation and yes I get hearburn when I pay their salary to hit me with what amounts to a random tax. Thats not to say cops don't do good things or that I don't largely support them but traffic is largely BS and a great many of the officers I know feel the same way.

Writing tix is a part of a police officers job, wether they like that part or not. Nobody ever said revenue has nothing to do with it, and Ill even agree revenue is the reason for some laws. Why are we bashing somene for doing their job we are paying for? Id love to know what you two do for a living. Im sure its a very respectful job and you should be proud of what you do.

In closing, I realize Im having a discussion with people who have obviously formed an opinion, right or wrong, and their opinion will remain unchanged, espcially when a responce as mere as "That my friend is a load of rubbish IMHO...". This kind of reminds me of the Oil debate.

Im out of this discussion, hope you never need the services of the po-po.

Writing tix is a part of a police officers job, wether they like that part or not. Nobody ever said revenue has nothing to do with it, and Ill even agree revenue is the reason for some laws. Why are we bashing somene for doing their job we are paying for? Id love to know what you two do for a living. Im sure its a very respectful job and you should be proud of what you do.

In closing, I realize Im having a discussion with people who have obviously formed an opinion, right or wrong, and their opinion will remain unchanged, espcially when a responce as mere as "That my friend is a load of rubbish IMHO...". This kind of reminds me of the Oil debate.

Im out of this discussion, hope you never need the services of the po-po.

I am close with the PoPo :)

DSC_0123.jpg

P.S you might want to check out the expose on the state patro ticket writing habits coming up.

I saw one of these at a car show that was motorized! It was soooooo cool. A flick of a switch inside the car moved the plate out and up into postion! I so wish I hadn't lost the guys card! Ugh. I woudl love to see the look on the cops face when he walks up from pulling me over only to suddenly see the plate there. I can see him walking away check his glasses... :D

I saw one of these at a car show that was motorized! It was soooooo cool. A flick of a switch inside the car moved the plate out and up into postion! I so wish I hadn't lost the guys card! Ugh. I woudl love to see the look on the cops face when he walks up from pulling me over only to suddenly see the plate there. I can see him walking away check his glasses... :D

I ordered one of these and it arrived yesterday. As soon as I get my car back from the body shop (no, I do not want to talk about it and, no, nothing terrible), which should be this week, I will scope things out to see how it might look on our cars. My first impression was that it may not be as clean as I would like. If you do not have the lower grill option on your SGT, the piece made by Craig Broussard is the ticket. I own that bracket as well and I have not seen anything cleaner out there. Here is his contact if that would help: "Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets" www.ccmustangbrackets.com. His e-mail is: toeyotacraig@cox.net. Really nice guy. For those who have the lower grill option, Craig says his bracket will work but that it will take much more sweat than without the lower grill option. My car does not get the lower grill until it goes to the Mod Shop so I cannot comment on just how much effort is required. I covered this somewhat in post #4 on this topic. Jim

How many cops do you personally know that were popular kids going through high school and college? Probably none. They want revenge, in their own mind, for all the disrespect they got while in thoses ages! Go ahead and bash me but it is true! They give them a gun and badge and suddenly they are God. Most every cop I have encountered in my life, and I will say that is 2 tickets, has had an attitude that THEY were above the law! They basically said while writing the ticket, if they had to break the law to inforce it they would! I think 90% of the cops out there are arrogant, over zealous and WILL break the law to inforce it. I will obey the law and they should too but that is NOT they way it goes down, they act and think they are above it and the example they set is very bad for the most part. They need to give more compassion to ordinary people just like they do their fellow officers, bottom line -

Edit: Your opinions are obviously very one sided.

Careful Guys

I have several friends and one brother who are now officers of the law. No, they do not carry a grudge from High School. They do have quotas though...two more written speeding tickets and my brother gets a new toaster.

On the serious side:

I have gone on ride alongs with a few of these guys. It is amazing to see what they put up with at night. I have a great appreciation for all these law enforcement officers do and what they must tolerate from not only drivers but also the public. (Domestic disputes are the worste).

It is amazing how the general public knows more about the law than the officer standing there beside the car. Officers are trained to keep a stern face and attitude...this is how they maintain control of the situation. Get them away from the situation, they are the same people I knew in High School

Lets be reasonable and rational.

By the way, their favorite cars to pull over are the drunk drivers. I have personally witnessed a speeder get by while the drunk was pulled over and arrested.

"Lets be careful out there" Hill Street Blues for those who remember

By the way, My new license plate will read "HLO OFCR"

Careful Guys

I have several friends and one brother who are now officers of the law. No, they do not carry a grudge from High School. They do have quotas though...two more written speeding tickets and my brother gets a new toaster.

On the serious side:

I have gone on ride alongs with a few of these guys. It is amazing to see what they put up with at night. I have a great appreciation for all these law enforcement officers do and what they must tolerate from not only drivers but also the public. (Domestic disputes are the worste).

It is amazing how the general public knows more about the law than the officer standing there beside the car. Officers are trained to keep a stern face and attitude...this is how they maintain control of the situation. Get them away from the situation, they are the same people I knew in High School

Lets be reasonable and rational.

By the way, their favorite cars to pull over are the drunk drivers. I have personally witnessed a speeder get by while the drunk was pulled over and arrested.

"Lets be careful out there" Hill Street Blues for those who remember

By the way, My new license plate will read "HLO OFCR"

I stick by what I wrote 100%! I also will respond to what you wrote by saying, I stick to what I wrote 100%. It is good that we all have different opinions that is what makes the world go around and I mean that

too 100%. B)

Cops are just people there are good ones and bad ones, by and large the majority that I know are really very good people. They do no like being ticket machines any more then we like them doing it to us, they have quota's being sent down from on high and the people who write a ton of tickets are getting atta boys and perks from management. I by no means meant to indite police officers as a general thing, I do think that traffic laws are extremely arbitrary and they could do much more good by focusing on other things then the guy doing 70mph in a 55. The interstates were designed for 70mph when people were driving buckboards compared to today's automobile. In Washington we have some of the worst traffic in the country and I believe you could do a lot to help that issue by ticketing the mopes in the fast lane and the carpool lane that drive 55mph while traffic piles up behind them.

Archived