TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ralph did it !

sdear

Raply won 1st place in late model people's choice category today ! He wasn't eligible to win any other categories since he is so new at this particular show.

There was another Shelby GT there today. #116 from Ft. Myers Florida. It was a 5 speed , black, tan interior. The guy's dealer had ruined the hood pins, and this guy had an aftermarket type on the car, but he loved the Shelby ones I have on Ralph. His scoop is also in need of repair, he didn't realize there was a problem, but the front of it sat off the hood a good quarter inch. Only the 2 SGT's were at the show.

The one thing I did notice...there was a million GT500's............only 2 Shelby GT's. :D The 500's seemed a dime a dozen. ( no offense to you 500 owners. ) Ralph got ALOT of complimnets...and alot of looks.

A few pics :

Ralph and his buddies :

052.jpg

Ralph's girlfriend :)

070.jpg

One of Ralph's distant relatives :

074.jpg

A cool picture I had made :

104.jpg

Last but not least :

099-1.jpg

Wow am I tired !

:D :D :D :D :D

Way to go RALPH!!!!!

thanks for submitting the photos!

Nice to see what fun you folks (in the Sun) are having while we are stuck in the Pacific Northwest rain until next July!

The photos keep us going..............

otherwise, all we have is time on our hands to complain :mellow:

:D :D :D :D :D

Way to go RALPH!!!!!

thanks for submitting the photos!

Nice to see what fun you folks (in the Sun) are having while we are stuck in the Pacific Northwest rain until next July!

The photos keep us going..............

otherwise, all we have is time on our hands to complain :mellow:

+1 35 deg atm no rain though woohoo lol

Congrats Sue and Ralph! I guess it worth all the pain in the shoulders and elbows for all the primping. Great pics, really cool. By the way, my wife REALLY loves the picture you had made. (I wouldn't let Adam see that, I don't think he has one of those) lol

Great job,

Dave

Congrats Sue and Ralph! I guess it worth all the pain in the shoulders and elbows for all the primping. Great pics, really cool. By the way, my wife REALLY loves the picture you had made. (I wouldn't let Adam see that, I don't think he has one of those) lol

Great job,

Dave

I had to get that picture made since Adam wouldn't overnite me his guitar for the show :blink: <_< :P

Thanks all ...was a fun day !

Good job Sue!! Ralph looks fantastic!!

Didn't you post somewhere all your detailing secrets? This black paint is driving me crazy!! I don't know what the h-e-double toothpicks to do with to get it to look great. :( You've obviously got it all figured out--can you point me in the right direction? :)

I use the Blackfire products. Polish first with the porter cable, then 2 coats of the protectant 8 hours apart. You can do more coats for a deep color. Then...I top it off with a thin coat of their carnuba.....and I use a carnuba spray from them for touch ups in between wash. You don't have to do the carnuba, and in that case you would use their detail spray .

www.properautocare.com has alot of good tips..and that is where I bought my stuff. i went to their shop and they run a nice operation. I also use very good microfiber towels..waffle towels to dry...and the soft microfiber to touch up. The cheaper towels that I bought at Walmart seem to leave fine marks.

The motorcycle wheel cleaning brush is the best thing ever for cleaning the rims on these cars. It's gets in all the nooks and crannies and won't hurt a thing. It's very soft but great for deep in the wheels.

We did the first job on it when I got it, and it lasted almost 5 months before it needed it again..and I live in Florida with the heat , ran , sun. It held up pretty nice.

Hope that helps !!

Sue

Congrats Sue.

Bet you could almost hear those gt500 owners grinding their teeth as they called your name!

They are at every show I have attended and I havent seen one win yet.? :blink:

I still can't get over how many 500's were there...and they just didn't get the looks that Ralph did. Don't get me wrong...they were awesome cars.........but....there were so many of them !

Then there was Ralph :D and one of his brothers :lol: :P

I had to get that picture made since Adam wouldn't overnite me his guitar for the show :blink: <_< :P

Thanks all ...was a fun day !

Funny thing is that I actually would have. That was why I asked what show you needed it for. I wanted to know the timing.

I do love that pic though. :P

You are too kind !!!

There is NO WAY i would have let you send me that thing. I was nervous enough with all the kids running around my car, let alone had I had your guitar there !!!

The picture is pretty cool . They had all sorts of backrounds you could put your car on. They framed it in a nice frame with matting. I should send it to be signed :D

Congrats Sue & Ralph! Fortunately you out ran that truck before he got you! :lol::lol: Love the pic's. Looks like it was a fun time. I personally like the Comet wagon :D Enjoy the Florida sun while us in the midwest have to bundle up our cars :( Mine's not here yet & today I'm making it's special place for the winter. As far as the detailing of black cars-Don't bother, White ones are much classier and faster too! (just kidding everyone :lol::lol::lol: )

Regards Brance

Archived