TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One year ago today---11/17/06

dave c

Wow, it's hard to believe that one year ago today we ordered our Shelby GT. We have only had the car nearly four months, with 1100 miles on it, thanks to the weather :( . It's been an amazing year, with ups and downs, following the progress of the car, waiting for the mod shop to open. We were fortunate to have the car sitting on the museum floor for six months while we waited (thank you Amy and John), which kept the car from getting full of desert dust! As the car went into the mod shop, the anxiety and anticipation of knowing after so many months the car would soon be home. We received our car on July 21st, a day that we thought would never get here and a day we'll never forget.

In that year we've joined a Mustang club, have met some incredible people, have been to many car shows, even received a few trophy's for this awesome looking car, met some local Shelby GT owners, as well as forum members. But most of all I've enjoyed the comradeship of our family forum and hope to meet all of you someday for the big Shelby GT reunion. Especially Adam and Roger.

It's been quite the journey, with all the pain and pleasure. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing. We truly have a unique vehicle, this new genre of Shelby's, that we will cherish for years to come. A special thanks to all the hard working folks at Shelby for creating one bad pony :D .

And yes.........the wait was worth it!!

Dave and Sherri

post-3-1148440121_thumb.jpg

Archived