TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The BOSS......Is Back?

Boss vs. Shelby GT500  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If you can't get a Shelby GT500 for MSRP would you buy this BOSS version when it comes out?

• Yes, I would buy a Boss version if I can't buy a Shelby GT500
    • No, I'll still continue to wait for a Shelby GT500
    • I'll buy both the Boss & the Shelby if I can afford it
    • Don't need either one of them, I'll stick to a regular Mustang GT & build it my way
    • None of the above or could care less
  2. 2. If & when they make this Boss, How many would you like to see them build?

• Less than 5,000 units
    • 5,000 units only
    • 5,000 to 7,500 units
    • 7,500 to 10,000 units
    • Doesn't matter, make as many as you you do orders
    • Could care less about how many they make, just make it
    • Doesn't matter to me I'm not buying one
  3. 3. What colors would you want?

• All the Original Colors only
    • A mix of Old & New colors
    • All new colors different from the Shelby's
    • Doesn't matter to me I'm not buying one

The Boss... is Back?

Here's the text from the article on Stangnet.com

In the upcoming September issue of Motor Trend, it is reported that the Boss Mustang is definitely a go for the model year before the Mustang redesign in 2008. That's right, folks--from what has been told, the Boss will be back. Motor Trend is claiming that the powerplant will have a 5.0 liter displacement and will produce 390 horsepower. Many Mustang fans are hopeful the 5.0 liter cammer engine will be used, but it is too early to tell at this point. Additionally, the Boss Mustang is supposed to get the Shelby GT500 suspension system and will also have some interior stripping for the sake of weight reduction.

The Boss, if all goes as planned, will be a great solution of compromise for those seeking some muscle value: it will be nearly as light as a base V6 model, more powerful than a GT, and cost less than the Shelby GT500. Let's hope the rubber meets the road and Ford brings the Boss back in fashion as they did the GT500.

And the link for those who would like it.

http://www.stangnet.com/Ford-Mustang/2008-...ang-060726.html

Call me a cynic, but perhaps we should add a guesstimate for how many times things like specification, numbers and availability will change between now and then. Darnitt two years is to long a lead time.... :doh: Sure could be nice though.... :shift:

I would say that is a old article? Mustang is'nt being redone til 09.

Not only that. a one year run does not make any sense.

This was on todays front page of their website? Not sure about the Shelby's being a 3 year run? I have only seen 1 magazine that said is was going to be that long of a run. IF it's a 2 year this could hold true.

Right now as of June 2006 the Shelby's that are built are classified as 07's & in 2007 the cars will be built as 2008's.

Then in 2008 they could make a 1 year special run of 2009 Boss Mustangs or 2 years if the mustang holds out until 2009/2010 for un update? Maybe Robert could look into this a little deeper....Robert are you out their?

Archived