TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It was just a matter of time.

stump_breaker

We have a dealer in Kaufman that had an SGT on the showroom floor. I was in there today and noticed it was gone.

Me: Did you sell the Shelby?

Dealer: Yes.

Me: Really? In town? Local person? (getting a queasy feeling)

Dealer: Yeah. He lives out off 243 (pointing east).

Me: I live off 243 (pointing east as well).

Dealer: He lives beside Burning Tree Ranch.

Me: I live beside Burning Tree Ranch! (full blown nausea by now)

I live in BFE away from any major anything and my NEIGHBOR buys a SGT!!!

Oh well, such is life. Time to go meet him. :D

When you meet him, I dare you to say..."is that one of those 700hp Shelbys?"........ :lol:

Oh, man... I thought *I* was the only guy sick of that kinda thing (what was I thinking... I dunno...).

In my case, everyone confuses it with the GT500, probably because that's the one that gets the most press. If I'm feeling snippy, I just say, "no, not the Ford... this is one that's actually done at Shelby's shop".

GT500 owners, put your guns down, it's just a joke.

Jer

We have a dealer in Kaufman that had an SGT on the showroom floor. I was in there today and noticed it was gone.

Me: Did you sell the Shelby?

Dealer: Yes.

Me: Really? In town? Local person? (getting a queasy feeling)

Dealer: Yeah. He lives out off 243 (pointing east).

Me: I live off 243 (pointing east as well).

Dealer: He lives beside Burning Tree Ranch.

Me: I live beside Burning Tree Ranch! (full blown nausea by now)

I live in BFE away from any major anything and my NEIGHBOR buys a SGT!!!

Oh well, such is life. Time to go meet him. :D

You should probably take it as a compliment. Your neighbor probably saw yours and thought it was beautiful he had to have one too. :)

When you meet him, I dare you to say..."is that one of those 700hp Shelbys?"........ :lol:

or maybe you should sneak by his house and steal his scoop ( if its any better)

No he got the real fake one. Or is it the fake real one? Still trying to figure out which neighbor it is though. I haven't seen any Shelby's in the yards around me....

Maybe sales guy messing with you. Try doing burnouts up and down the road, this usually attracts the attention of the neighbors. Better yet do it while tossing beer bottles out the window, better yet do it all while poppin off rounds from a 357, trust me you'll meet all the neighbors. Real quick like.

Maybe sales guy messing with you. Try doing burnouts up and down the road, this usually attracts the attention of the neighbors. Better yet do it while tossing beer bottles out the window, better yet do it all while poppin off rounds from a 357, trust me you'll meet all the neighbors. Real quick like.

Man if you only knew. My .303 British and .30 carbine make plenty of noise when fired into the back tank.

My Remington 870 is not that quiet either but does a number on a snake! :D

We actually passed the car yesterday but I had a trailer on the Jeep and couldn't get turned around.

BTW, bye bye Jeep, Hello 2008 Titan!!!! (yeah, i have a truck again!)

Man if you only knew. My .303 British and .30 carbine make plenty of noise when fired into the back tank.

My Remington 870 is not that quiet either but does a number on a snake! :D

We actually passed the car yesterday but I had a trailer on the Jeep and couldn't get turned around.

BTW, bye bye Jeep, Hello 2008 Titan!!!! (yeah, i have a truck again!)

I have a Titan its a nice driving truck, I think you'll like...

The motor really rocks doesn't it :)

I was pleasantly surprised. P-L-E-N-T-Y of grunt (317 HP/375 TQ.) especially with a 3.73 rear end.

My wife wants to run the Titan and Shelby to see which one wins...

Have you had any rear-end problems? That seems to be the biggest complaint with the Titan. I read it was a Dana 44 but I can not confirm for the 2008 model.

I was pleasantly surprised. P-L-E-N-T-Y of grunt (317 HP/375 TQ.) especially with a 3.73 rear end.

My wife wants to run the Titan and Shelby to see which one wins...

Have you had any rear-end problems? That seems to be the biggest complaint with the Titan. I read it was a Dana 44 but I can not confirm for the 2008 model.

I've had no issues with mine but then I'm not doing any serious towing with it either.

I was reading up and with intake, exhaust and a program, another 100+ hp&TQ can be added. I can see why rear ends are blowing if the manufacturer claims are accurate.

I haven't even looked at hopping up the Titan I bought it as our family hauler / truck lol I'm kinda wishing it got better gas mileage :) I recently bought another car so my Shelby could wait out the rains here in sunny Washington lol I bought a Scion XB as our family hauler to save some gas money. I've always had interesting fast cars people are quite amused with my Scion purchase :D

Archived