TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Prototype with RaceskinzTM

BergShelby_merged

Check out this link to a SGT with prototype options.

I had to do a lot of searching to find this company from pictures from the SEMA 2007 show. This company has a GT500, and a SGT with a rear delete option that's to die for. What is also interesting is the stripes...they are a Carbon Fiber & Composite Stripe Package. As per their web site, they have some kind of direct relationship with Shelby in creating future products.

post-3-1148440007_thumb.jpg

Raceskinz

Here is the rear seat delete.

post-3-1148440031_thumb.jpg

SEMA 2007 pics of SGT Page forward and back to see more pics of SGT.

Hmm....I would have to see those stripes in person.

I would rather just get mine painted on at this time.

I understand. Cost could be a factor (may not be cheap), SAI endorsement is a factor (for me), the hood does not have a thin stripe in the middle (which I like), and who would put it on (Calif co)? Most likely, if I were to replace my stripes, it would be paint. But I like to see them creating options for the SGT. What I really like is the rear seat delete option but I'm not sure I can swing that either....I sold the idea on the car to my wife in that it was a 4 seater....then I switch to 2..:o

I have been interestd in a rear seat delete option since I bought my SGT. I'm still doing some research, but meanwhile I found this...

http://mustang-rear-seat-delete.com/catalog29.htm

and...

http://mustang-rear-seat-delete.com/catalog_details/ID/30/

There is not a 2007 specific pic, but if it looks like the other pics on this page, this could be the answer.

I had to do a lot of searching to find this company from pictures from the SEMA 2007 show. This company has a GT500, and a SGT with a rear delete option that's to die for. What is also interesting is the stripes...they are a Carbon Fiber & Composite Stripe Package. As per their web site, they have some kind of direct relationship with Shelby in creating future products.

shelbydie9.jpg

Raceskinz

shelbydie.jpg

SEMA 2007 pics of SGT Page forward and back to see more pics of SGT.

Great find on the rear seat delete. Just need them to make one with GT/SC. Perfect for the theme of 5322. You guys got to stop doing this to my checkbook! :lol::lol::lol: Like I need any help.

post-3-1148440007_thumb.jpg

Raceskinz

Great FIND ! Iwant that rear seat delete with roll bar. I need a winter project. Thanks for finding the company.

Here is my reply from from their web site. It looks promising...

May I suggest getting on the list too? It should help speed up production possibilites.

(snip)

Hello Mr. XXXXX,

I thank you for your interest, and I have logged in your request. The final product will be tested soon, then we will begin distribution. You will be contacted when a launch date and price have been set. Thank you so very much.

Best Regards,

Tirrell Lazada-Smith, President

Catalyst Industrial Marking, Inc.

6140 N Hollywood Blvd.

Ste 105

Las Vegas, NV 89115

www.cimarking.com

• 2 weeks later...

I got the rear seat delete from the link that LuLu posted. One thing I can tell you with rear seat delete kits is don't buy it just because you think they are somehow related to CS, make sure it is good quality. I've seen some of the work that K-Dezines has done and it is VERY professional. I wanted more than just a plain rear seat delete so I told them my ideas and they built them. The most important thing is the fit! I've seen others with huge gaps and looked like the engineering was never done in the car. This one fits like a glove. They have another web site called StangXonline.com. If you look at that page, my car is the one with the pony, amp and sub. I show the car and it gets quite a lot of attention. For me the car was never a 4-seater since I'm 6'4" @ 220lbs, the seat is pushed all the way back leaving an inch or 2 for legs :rolleyes: . Their base kit doesn't have all that stuff on it and the K-Dezines sign isn't on it, I asked for all that stuff. Let me know if you have any questions or you want some picture. -Joe

I got the rear seat delete from the link that LuLu posted. One thing I can tell you with rear seat delete kits is don't buy it just because you think they are somehow related to CS, make sure it is good quality. I've seen some of the work that K-Dezines has done and it is VERY professional. I wanted more than just a plain rear seat delete so I told them my ideas and they built them. The most important thing is the fit! I've seen others with huge gaps and looked like the engineering was never done in the car. This one fits like a glove. They have another web site called StangXonline.com. If you look at that page, my car is the one with the pony, amp and sub. I show the car and it gets quite a lot of attention. For me the car was never a 4-seater since I'm 6'4" @ 220lbs, the seat is pushed all the way back leaving an inch or 2 for legs :rolleyes: . Their base kit doesn't have all that stuff on it and the K-Dezines sign isn't on it, I asked for all that stuff. Let me know if you have any questions or you want some picture. -Joe

I assure you the overall quality, fit and finish is very high. The only thing I can say at his point is at the moment the kit is being modified for a 4 point roll bar instead of a 2 point.

By the way the rear deck also opens up and has additional storage underneath and it is secured with hood pins.

guys, we will be carrying these, they were shown at sema, they look pretty cool, definately not old school, have more info soon, they are carbon fiber, so that is not cheap

Amy

guys, we will be carrying these, they were shown at sema, they look pretty cool, definately not old school, have more info soon, they are carbon fiber, so that is not cheap

Amy

AMY, WHY NOT HAVE AN OPTION JUST TO COVER UP THE BACK WITH CARPET SO YOU DONT SEE THE REAR TIRE AND LEAVE THE SEAT IN AND HAVE IT LIKE THE OLD MUSTANGS :blink: :mellow:

I assure you the overall quality, fit and finish is very high. The only thing I can say at his point is at the moment the kit is being modified for a 4 point roll bar instead of a 2 point.

By the way the rear deck also opens up and has additional storage underneath and it is secured with hood pins.

The 4 point roll cage sounds good if it actually stiffens the rear end. The hood pins are a nice touch. Storage is good place to hide a Nitrous bottle.... :o

Amy

Amy:

Do you mean the stripes are carbon fiber? or is the rear seat delete kit also carbon fiber?

The 4 point roll cage sounds good if it actually stiffens the rear end. The hood pins are a nice touch. Storage is good place to hide a Nitrous bottle.... :o

Amy:

Do you mean the stripes are carbon fiber? or is the rear seat delete kit also carbon fiber?

I'm sure she is referring to the carbon fiber stripes. But I'm guessing neither will be cheap.

The important thing is you are happy with what you are spending your money on. If you think the quality is good and like it then go for it. I actually heard a little different but it's not my money. I was just trying to pass along what I though was a better quality option. As far as having "hood pins", just about anything can be done with the rear seat delete from K-Dezines and I think I tested some of that. They didn't already have the setup for the pony on my kit or the sub box, with the sub and amp. I just said I had a few ideas and they were creative enough to come up with the solution and product. -Joe

The important thing is you are happy with what you are spending your money on. If you think the quality is good and like it then go for it. I actually heard a little different but it's not my money. I was just trying to pass along what I though was a better quality option. As far as having "hood pins", just about anything can be done with the rear seat delete from K-Dezines and I think I tested some of that. They didn't already have the setup for the pony on my kit or the sub box, with the sub and amp. I just said I had a few ideas and they were creative enough to come up with the solution and product. -Joe

The SEMA car is a prototype, it is a real Shelby CSM#1820, it looked very nice but it was not the final retail version.

Recently the car has been re-fitted with what we feel will be the final version. it has many useful upgrades and engineering modifications. The mod is currently being evaluated and has yet to be seen by the public yet so I don't know where you are getting your info from. I assure you the materials and hardware are the best available and we will not release the mod to the public until we are completely happy with every detail.

There will be several options that will be available they will be revealed in an upcoming press release, but will include a cover for the spare tire area.

Our purpose is to create a good looking, versatile, and most importantly a functional modification. Whether you are a weekend racer, a collector, or yours is daily driver our hope is to make a product that will add value to your vehicle and have a reputation as good as the Shelby name.

MS

Sent you an e-mail last week. I am very excited and interested. My question was on the Shelby GT panel and if it would be available also as an Shelby GT/SC version for cars equipped with the the supercharger option and if the 2 or 4 point roll bar would also be available. Love the idea and the prototype pictures. Please keep us posted on the development. You will receive a great deal of honest and maybe sometimes harsh feedback. You will find we, as a group, are not afraid to tell you what we think. Positive or negitive.

Great concept and product. I'm in for one.

Roger

Sent you an e-mail last week. I am very excited and interested. My question was on the Shelby GT panel and if it would be available also as an Shelby GT/SC version for cars equipped with the the supercharger option and if the 2 or 4 point roll bar would also be available. Love the idea and the prototype pictures. Please keep us posted on the development. You will receive a great deal of honest and maybe sometimes harsh feedback. You will find we, as a group, are not afraid to tell you what we think. Positive or negitive.

Great concept and product. I'm in for one.

Roger

Thanks you so much we have had overwhelming interest, and to answer your question yes the "SC" plate will be one of the options. We are also milling over a possible "SC" package as well, and we may add a "Caroll Shelby" sig with SAI's blessing of course.

MS

What is the weight difference between the seats and seat delete? How much time and effort does it take to switch back?

We will have weight specs once we finalize the mod but the kit is made from fiberglass. We have tried very hard to make the kit fit in existing Ford factory bolt holes and keep any cutting and drilling to a minimum. reversal is very possible but hopefully you will never want to look back :D

MS

• 9 months later...
The SEMA car is a prototype, it is a real Shelby CSM#1820, it looked very nice but it was not the final retail version.

Recently the car has been re-fitted with what we feel will be the final version. it has many useful upgrades and engineering modifications. The mod is currently being evaluated and has yet to be seen by the public yet so I don't know where you are getting your info from. I assure you the materials and hardware are the best available and we will not release the mod to the public until we are completely happy with every detail.

There will be several options that will be available they will be revealed in an upcoming press release, but will include a cover for the spare tire area.

Our purpose is to create a good looking, versatile, and most importantly a functional modification. Whether you are a weekend racer, a collector, or yours is daily driver our hope is to make a product that will add value to your vehicle and have a reputation as good as the Shelby name.

MS

Thanks for the info! How do you handle the scoop though?

The rollbars (racebar) will be painted or powder coated to match the stripes or the paint color. As far as the structure of the rollbar it is made of DOM and professionally welded and does have base plates it is made with rollbar specs..........However, until the bar is tested and certified it will be called a racebar.

There will also be (at additional cost) a chromoly option.

Good! A place to keep the polish cloth and spray detailer! One item to note on the hood pins. It would be cool if they were more like the 60's latches instead so you just sort of turn and open, but just a thought. The lanyards are good too! Maybe having them INSIDE they won't rust! :)

The rollbars (racebar) will be painted or powder coated to match the stripes or the paint color. As far as the structure of the rollbar it is made of DOM and professionally welded and does have base plates it is made with rollbar specs..........However, until the bar is tested and certified it will be called a racebar.

There will also be (at additional cost) a chromoly option.

when will these be released for production and sale?

Archived