TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Highest CSM# seen for an 08

AFBLUE

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the 08s that I have some info on so far by CSM: 59 total. 27 of 219 Grabber Orange, 32 of ~1800 Vista Blue. 35 of them from ebay ads.

Add 08SGT0497 coupe to the list; it's at Mathews Ford in Oregon, OH (just outside of Toledo). They also have white 07SGT3622 on the lot. 3622 looks like someone was going to buy it but changed their mind. The window stickers are both scotch taped to the passenger window and it has the little sticker that the used cars have on them. The little sticker has "new" written in the condition block; why would you change on this car?

Thanks. Care to share some details on your car such as

vert or coupe,

vin#,

location of car

dealership

options

I'm entering all this stuff in a database.

286 is located in Raleigh, NC ; purchased at Capital Ford in Raleigh; coupe; no mods except washer covers; drink holder rings; shifter ring; door lock knob surround cover; overhead light buttons; door jam inlays. purchase date 10/10/07. Obviously 08; vin# 1zvht82h785113774 and no hood scoop issue other than crease about 1/4 back from front but I think that is going to happen given binding material to hood. Have requested to be on SAI list for Wipple but unsure about doing it for my use- car has such perfect balance etc., may not do. This is probably overkill, but this is the complete story. oh ya options-- alarm; sirus and upgrade headlights.

one question for group- i do have a rattle behind the dash seems to be around the airbag. Especially bad when cold and in 2 or 3 -- seems when warm to somewhat go away. I presume it just is going to occur and plan on leaving it alone. Is this somewhat common with others?

Add CSM 2008 to your list. I have been corresponding with John about the status of my car and brought up the question of the CSM numbers. Seems they're random and not predetermined. The original number I wanted was already used (713) so I opted for 2008 to correlate with the year of the car. ;)

6T6Mustang, Welcome to the forums. Hmmm Washington State? We are also from WA, Seattle area. Lots of Shelby GT's in the western WA. area. Where abouts is CSM #2008 going to live? Coupe or ragtop? Are you having any mods done? We need info. LOL

Dave

Dave - #2008 will live in Issaquah, WA. It's a coupe - I've had a SN95 convertible before and currently have a '66 mustang convertible as my daily driver so I opted for a coupe this time around (also have a '66 coupe/66 fastback). So this will be mustang #4 in the present stable. Tonight I actually downloaded the recent SPP catalog so I can go through all the mods I want. For now I'm thinking CS6 grill, CS67 20" wheels, GT500 rear spoiler, Shelby strut brace and a few other smaller items. I've been contemplating whether or not a paxton is worth it right now... We'll see, I need to contact SAI to see what the time frame for having the mods done will look like. After the 1st of the new year I'm sure...

ps. You've got a beautiful SGT with very tasteful mods! Did you buy locally? If so, from which dealer?

Dave - #2008 will live in Issaquah, WA. It's a coupe - I've had a SN95 convertible before and currently have a '66 mustang convertible as my daily driver so I opted for a coupe this time around (also have a '66 coupe/66 fastback). So this will be mustang #4 in the present stable. Tonight I actually downloaded the recent SPP catalog so I can go through all the mods I want. For now I'm thinking CS6 grill, CS67 20" wheels, GT500 rear spoiler, Shelby strut brace and a few other smaller items. I've been contemplating whether or not a paxton is worth it right now... We'll see, I need to contact SAI to see what the time frame for having the mods done will look like. After the 1st of the new year I'm sure...

ps. You've got a beautiful SGT with very tasteful mods! Did you buy locally? If so, from which dealer?

Thanks for the compliment. We bought it from a dealer in Spokane. All the local dealers had an ADM. We had all the mods done at Shelby, while the car was in Vegas. You're just gonna love your car. Be patient, it's worth the wait. Let us know how things go or if you have any questions. We belong to MustangsNW. Do you belong to any clubs?

Good luck

Dave

Thanks for the compliment. We bought it from a dealer in Spokane. All the local dealers had an ADM. We had all the mods done at Shelby, while the car was in Vegas. You're just gonna love your car. Be patient, it's worth the wait. Let us know how things go or if you have any questions. We belong to MustangsNW. Do you belong to any clubs?

Good luck

Dave

I'm not formally part of any club but part of a group of local guys who get together on weekends for our own cruises. I always go to the Round Up that MustangsNW puts on each year. I also attend other shows around the state. I guess I should probably join MustangsNW. How many SGT's are in the club?

This is for AFBlue since he's keeping score in this thread (sorry for hi-jacking the thread):

Vert or coupe: Coupe

VIN#: 1ZVHT82H985139602

Location of car: Issaquah, WA

Dealership: Pacific Coast Ford - Federal Way, WA

Options: 5 speed, HID head lights, IUP (satin alum. instrument panel), heated seats, Sirius radio, active anti-threft, trip tunes. SAI mods TBD.

I'm not formally part of any club but part of a group of local guys who get together on weekends for our own cruises. I always go to the Round Up that MustangsNW puts on each year. I also attend other shows around the state. I guess I should probably join MustangsNW. How many SGT's are in the club?

This is for AFBlue since he's keeping score in this thread (sorry for hi-jacking the thread):

Vert or coupe: Coupe

VIN#: 1ZVHT82H985139602

Location of car: Issaquah, WA

Dealership: Pacific Coast Ford - Federal Way, WA

Options: 5 speed, HID head lights, IUP (satin alum. instrument panel), heated seats, Sirius radio, active anti-threft, trip tunes. SAI mods TBD.

Thanks! You data is now entered. I guess we can assume that there will be at least 2008 08 SGTs :)

I mentioned in my trip report at SAI that I saw #793 on the factory floor.

Just saw #741 and #743 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-SHELBY...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Shelby...1QQcmdZViewItem

Post in here when you see/find higher CSM#s.

Good, that means they're getting close to finishing mine! :D

Hey Future. What's an "STG"? :lol:

Short for 'STanG?

Just picking.... :D :D

It's a typo and I have pinged several of the mod's trying to get it changed with no luck! Now I really need it changed, I closed the deal on my '08 coupe on Friday... Need to come-up with something new.

Michael, this is Carl from the Team Shelby forums.... (my92notch)

It's a typo and I have pinged several of the mod's trying to get it changed with no luck! Now I really need it changed, I closed the deal on my '08 coupe on Friday... Need to come-up with something new.

Michael, this is Carl from the Team Shelby forums.... (my92notch)

great to see you over here on this side. the other forum is known as the dark side. alot of folks on both forums here. they sure know the SGT on here...

michael morris

Archived