TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy, Bud, John...anyone at SAI

sdear

Amy, Bud, John, anyone at SAI :

I am asking nicely, for an update on this hood scoop issue. I am only speaking for myself, but I know there are many others waiting for news from SAI.

On October 8th, 2007, I was contacted via PM and email by John, asking for the specifics on my scoop and address. I gave him the information requested. I emailed John on October 25th , 2007 for an update, and I was told that things were still being worked out.

I emailed the other day, and have received no response. Many others have emailed and no response.

I am on my third hood scoop with problems. Apparently the 08’s are doing better, so it seems this should be passed on to the people that have purchased these cars. When we go to the dealers we are told various things, but most of all, they can’t or won’t do the fix.

It is my opinion that we have waited long enough for a fix. I would appreciate , at the very least, an update of to what the status is, or how we should proceed to get his fixed.

I love Shelby’s, and I do love this car, but we should be entitled to a solution to this problem. It is very sad that we have to come to these forums and look like “whiners” over our hood scoop issues, but this has gone on long enough. I have been dealing with it since April when I purchased my car.

I would respectfully ask to be updated in some manner on this issue.

Thanks,

Sue Olsen

Sarasota Florida

I am asking nicely, for an update on this hood scoop issue. I am only speaking for myself, but I know there are many others waiting for news from SAI.

On October 8th, 2007, I was contacted via PM and email by John, asking for the specifics on my scoop and address. I gave him the information requested. I emailed John on October 25th , 2007 for an update, and I was told that things were still being worked out.

I emailed the other day, and have received no response. Many others have emailed and no response.

I am on my third hood scoop with problems. Apparently the 08’s are doing better, so it seems this should be passed on to the people that have purchased these cars. When we go to the dealers we are told various things, but most of all, they can’t or won’t do the fix.

It is my opinion that we have waited long enough for a fix. I would appreciate , at the very least, an update of to what the status is, or how we should proceed to get his fixed.

I love Shelby’s, and I do love this car, but we should be entitled to a solution to this problem. It is very sad that we have to come to these forums and look like “whiners” over our hood scoop issues, but this has gone on long enough. I have been dealing with it since April when I purchased my car.

Thanks,

Sue Olsen

Sarasota Florida

I concur with Sue. We need to hear from SAI, very soon. My 2nd scoop is pathetic, and worst than my 1st scoop. You could almost drive a truck under the gaps.

Come on SAI, let's see some action!

I concur with Sue. We need to hear from SAI, very soon. My 2nd scoop is pathetic, and worst than my 1st scoop. You could almost drive a truck under the gaps.

ion to get the hert

Come on SAI, let's see some actioz hood

e hertz

what i think is we should have the optiion of getting the hertz hood :angry: :P <_<

+1

I posted three weeks ago....received over 1,100 views and 66 replies...but nothing from an SAI staff member? I even shot a note directly to Amy pointing her to my post and all of the interest.

NOTHING.

P L E A S E ????

thank you!

100_3294.jpg

100_3292.jpg

100_3290.jpg

+1

I posted three weeks ago....received over 1,100 views and 66 replies...but nothing from an SAI staff member? I even shot a note directly to Amy pointing her to my post and all of the interest.

NOTHING.

P L E A S E ????

Well, there is a Lemon Law in CA. A dealer will get 3 attempts to fix a issue, and if the problem isn't fixed, then you can submit the paper work for a full refund from Ford by means of a CA. statute. I hope that none of us will pursue that course of remedy, nevertheless, SAI needs to communicate with their customers on WTF is going on :angry: .

I would agree.

It seemed like there was some action on this a few months back when a few of us were not so nice about it.

Ultimately, what we want as consumers are 3 things I believe.

1. Clear consistent communication on this issue.

2. A timely response and fix

3. A factory authorized, fully warranteed, correct fix that is becoming of a 40k car.

I for one was contacted about getting a fix. That said, I'm very clear and steadfast in my belief that I should not have to accept a fix that is not correct, and warranteed in the long term. My scoop is bad, though not as bad as some I have seen. I"ll live with it until we know a fix is in the can that works and will be stood behind. I've communicated this to Shelby. I am acknowledging that I was contacted, but I want acknowledgement that this fix is final, and will be stood behind. That's all. When I see others with fixes that still aren't working it's concerning.

It's a lot to ask a consumer to have a 40k car, that many consider a collectible to have several more holes drilled in the hood for a fix that is not considered "final" and that would be stood behind no matter what.

I guess the thing to ask is would those at Shelby honestly be happy with how this situation has been communicated and the timeframe it is taking.

I give those credit that have tried several scoops with no solution in sight. I for one want to limit the time, expense, and anguish spent on this issue.

Thank You.

I would agree.

It seemed like there was some action on this a few months back when a few of us were not so nice about it.

Ultimately, what we want as consumers are 3 things I believe.

1. Clear consistent communication on this issue.

2. A timely response and fix

3. A factory authorized, fully warranteed, correct fix that is becoming of a 40k car.

I for one was contacted about getting a fix. That said, I'm very clear and steadfast in my belief that I should not have to accept a fix that is not correct, and warranteed in the long term. My scoop is bad, though not as bad as some I have seen. I"ll live with it until we know a fix is in the can that works and will be stood behind. I've communicated this to Shelby. I am acknowledging that I was contacted, but I want acknowledgement that this fix is final, and will be stood behind. That's all. When I see others with fixes that still aren't working it's concerning.

I too agree with ya,and others regarding the scoop. I even told my wife,that I would fix it,and feel confident in my abilities to fix it beyond satisfaction,in her eyes. I also alluded with her,I won't consider that though at this time as,the car is still under warranty,and the consumer shouldn't be expected to fix such,esp on a car with the attached pricetag that goes with it.

I have fabricated many of things as a kid and in my younger years,and understand what works,what doesn't,and why etc. I've yet to take off the scoop. My wife "wants" me to remove it tomorrow,and see if I can make it any better for her,prior to her car show on sunday. I have an idea of what it needs,and will be limited into improving the existing condition,my opinion.......without disturbing the original condition of the scoop. I don't want to alter it in any degree cuz I feel Shelby etc can possibly say..."you tampered with it,now it's your prob etc".

I want to help the wifes car,but feel my hands are tied,and feel bad for her as she has invested a few dollars in the show,and some hand lovin labor on her car,to make it look it's best.

My thoughts on this hood scoop ordeal are this.... It's not exactly rocket science involved...... what's the hold up? I'll state it here too as my wife nor I aren't exactly dummies....she stated this statement/question to me last night...."possibly SAI is overloaded with current projects,and come first of the year,they will concentrate getting things resolved with warranty issues/probs with the 07's?.?"

Simplicity would be nice,esp if the work is to be subbed out. Simplicity could mean a ton of things etc...example being,make a hood scoop that conforms UNIFORMLY to the lines of the hood,and offer it to the "whiners/complainers" of said hood scoop probs. In the long run,you eliminate bad vibes,and close doors. In that context,people aren't ALSO looking at other potential probs. I know this,just from the line of work I do.

Today I went behind 2 other guys,4 jobs total...PATCHING etc......fixing things that were either installed incorrectly,or hiding things,cuz guys cut too far for shower eschethuns to cover etc. Long story short,I problen solved all these issues,and potentially saved 1 of our biggest clients. I was myself,and most important to I,I was honest with the customer/s. That in itself said a lot to 1 of the ladies I dealt with today,and her and I have formed a "respect" for each other in that regards. I even went the extra mile for her,and made things RIGHT for her. Short term it's a loser. Long term it's a winner.....and,I sleep well at night knowing,I was a straight shooter with the customer,and the customer that was once totally pissed etc,now has peace of mind knowing,things will made right/correct.

It's a lot to ask a consumer to have a 40k car, that many consider a collectible to have several more holes drilled in the hood for a fix that is not considered "final" and that would be stood behind no matter what.

I guess the thing to ask is would those at Shelby honestly be happy with how this situation has been communicated and the timeframe it is taking.

I give those credit that have tried several scoops with no solution in sight. I for one want to limit the time, expense, and anguish spent on this issue.

Thank You.

Thanks,

Sue Olsen

Sarasota Florida

Is the offiical SAI reply silence? Seems so. BY the way I'm out of town, can someone check to see HOW LONG our warranty last on Shelby installed items? Is it 1 yr or 3yr? Think about it.

I'm not so interested in Class Action suits, or even having to deal with my dealership....what I'm hoping is that SAI will consider its reputation, pride, etc. and make a promise to deal with this matter, be consistent with its communication to owners of their product...and take all of their design ingenuity and spend some of it on a permanent resolution that is suitable to the $40k car we have purchased.

I purchased a home up in BC a little over a year ago in a new development. We've had a handful of issues - as expected - yet whenever we've phoned the developer..within a week our problem has been resolved. Not "fixed" per se....but "resolved." PERIOD.

They still have 200 homes yet to build (and sell) in our developement and I'm guessing that they "care." Maybe they don't care because they are "nice" and maybe its only that they care simply because they have 200 more homes to sell and they want to preserve some credibility. Either way, they respond and respond to a level worthy of the home's quality and value that we purchased!

This is all I really want.

For SAI to live up to a reputation worthy of what they have produced and will produce.

Its all very nice to read the new TEAM SHELBY magazine where an article discusses how SAI takes a Ford Mustang GT and within 2.5 hours transforms it to an SGT - but I seriously do not care if it took 15 minutes, providing that they cared 110% about quality and NOT simply speed.

Make any sense?

I'm not so interested in Class Action suits, or even having to deal with my dealership....what I'm hoping is that SAI will consider its reputation, pride, etc. and make a promise to deal with this matter, be consistent with its communication to owners of their product...and take all of their design ingenuity and spend some of it on a permanent resolution that is suitable to the $40k car we have purchased.

I purchased a home up in BC a little over a year ago in a new development. We've had a handful of issues - as expected - yet whenever we've phoned the developer..within a week our problem has been resolved. Not "fixed" per se....but "resolved." PERIOD.

They still have 200 homes yet to build (and sell) in our developement and I'm guessing that they "care." Maybe they don't care because they are "nice" and maybe its only that they care simply because they have 200 more homes to sell and they want to preserve some credibility. Either way, they respond and respond to a level worthy of the home's quality and value that we purchased!

This is all I really want.

For SAI to live up to a reputation worthy of what they have produced and will produce.

Its all very nice to read the new TEAM SHELBY magazine where an article discusses how SAI takes a Ford Mustang GT and within 2.5 hours transforms it to an SGT - but I seriously do not care if it took 15 minutes, providing that they cared 110% about quality and NOT simply speed.

Make any sense?

Very well put.

07SGT0701:

2038493791_f1834d7a4a.jpg

2039287740_10586aa181.jpg

Pretty bad eh?

:mellow:

Really started getting bad as the weather changed.

YES! Pretty Bad.

SAI should be embarrassed about this...not SILENT.

Thanks for posting your pics.

PS: Hi Sdear!

so far my scoop is satisfactory...not perfect but looks ok. i'm not goin to try to change it unless it gets worse and if i do have it replaced i'll wait till they have an official fix...no sense replacing with another flawed scoop. if they are unable to come up with one that the ford dealership is comfy with then i'll just take matters in my own hands and have an aluminum scoop fabricated and rivet it on myself. i've worked around metal before so i'm comfortable with it. just need to find a good master fabricator. or mabye i can take up the craft myself and invest in an english wheel. watch out jesse james :ph34r: :lol:

07SGT0701:

2038493791_f1834d7a4a.jpg

2039287740_10586aa181.jpg

Pretty bad eh?

:mellow:

Really started getting bad as the weather changed.

I know this won't make you feel any better,But the dealer I bought my car from had a black one with a scoop WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Worse than that in 70 degree weather.On the lot,For sale!In plain view!WTF are they thinking.

All summer long I kept saying to myself, "I wonder what are all these problems with the hood scoops people keep talking about." Now I know, ever since it started cooling down here in southern Arizona, I can almost watch my hood scoop expand and contract. When it is cooler in the mornings the scoop curls up on the rear right side. When it starts to warm up it goes back to almost flat....

How long before we get a fix...my local Ford dealer won't even return my calls about this even though they say they have my new hood scoop in. They said they are waiting to get the offical fix from SAI 4 weeks ago.

I wonder why Shelby does not make a replacement sccop out of different material, as posted so many times my second scoop is starting to lift, car is put awat for winter so I will wait for spring, why does a car that cost 40,000 have a JC Whitney sccop as Car and Driver called, we should be given option to obtain GTH sccop or something. I have watched these forums and this problem continues, this is first Ford I have bought I have had and still have BMWs that have had NO quality problems those of you who have scoop that fit do not understand I want a good looking Shelby GT not one that everyone says your sccop looks like crap. PLEASE fix our problem

:P THAT WAS MY SUGGESTION ON THE SCOOP :o GIVE US THE OPTION OF HAVING THE GTH

I wonder why Shelby does not make a replacement sccop out of different material, as posted so many times my second scoop is starting to lift, car is put awat for winter so I will wait for spring, why does a car that cost 40,000 have a JC Whitney sccop as Car and Driver called, we should be given option to obtain GTH sccop or something. I have watched these forums and this problem continues, this is first Ford I have bought I have had and still have BMWs that have had NO quality problems those of you who have scoop that fit do not understand I want a good looking Shelby GT not one that everyone says your sccop looks like crap. PLEASE fix our problem

I HAVE ANOTHER THING WHY WAS IT EVERY CAR I OWNED HAS THE OUTSIDE TEMPERTURE EXCEPT THIS ONE FOR FORTY THOUSNAD :( ANOTHER FORD IDEA :rolleyes: :lol: :angry: :)

:P THAT WAS MY SUGGESTION ON THE SCOOP :o GIVE US THE OPTION OF HAVING THE GTH

I HAVE ANOTHER THING WHY WAS IT EVERY CAR I OWNED HAS THE OUTSIDE TEMPERTURE EXCEPT THIS ONE FOR FORTY THOUSNAD :( ANOTHER FORD IDEA :rolleyes: :lol: :angry: :)

LOL I'm with ya there, someone posted a site a while back that had rear view mirrors with temp compass and garage door openers. I would like one but they are like $375 guess I should at that to my list.

This is the same reply I just did on SU. Hang in their, the fix is coming soon.

Look, Amy JUST DID update all of you. But the problem is, everybody wants to start their own thread. So now we have 20 threads about hood scoops. And I know that most people saw it but won't comment on it. So now we have 20 threads of people bashing the hood scoop.

So here it is again for those who have not seen Amy's recent update. Yes, we are using rivets to hold the hood scoop down. BUT, the dealers do not want to do the repair. So, we are trying to find another way to make it easier for the shops to do it.

John Walker is also coming up with a plan to help you all out too. He can be contacted at Johnw@shelbyautos.com We should know more in the next week or two on how this is going to work. So please, baer with us on this, we are working on it and we will get it resolved.

Now I am off to try and find the other 19 threads to reply too.

Bud

Look, Amy JUST DID update all of you. But the problem is, everybody wants to start their own thread. So now we have 20 threads about hood scoops. And I know that most people saw it but won't comment on it. So now we have 20 threads of people bashing the hood scoop.

So here it is again for those who have not seen Amy's recent update. Yes, we are using rivets to hold the hood scoop down. BUT, the dealers do not want to do the repair. So, we are trying to find another way to make it easier for the shops to do it.

John Walker is also coming up with a plan to help you all out too. He can be contacted at Johnw@shelbyautos.com We should know more in the next week or two on how this is going to work. So please, baer with us on this, we are working on it and we will get it resolved.

Bud

Outstanding. Thanks for the update.

They reallly need to sticky this isssue and keep it updated. It really seems like a material issue, if they used a material that wasn't susceptible to warpage from the heat range these scoops are exposed to they would be golden. Guessing these are an injection mold process?

Bud

Bud,

Just a suggestion. For those of us who can transport our cars (drive) to LV, have you considered doing the scoop repair at SAI? Also, for those of us who will be sending our cars to the Mod Shop, could you fix the scoop while awaiting mods?

Bud...

Please don't "poo poo" this! Just because there are 20 posts on the topic does not mean that it is not important? Quite the contrary.

My own post of last month has over 1,100 views and nearly 70 replies. This is not insignificant. If it were, SAI should have had a resolution months ago!

As far as Amy's "fix" of rivets all the way around....? If you remember back many months, I asked you to send me 22 studs/nuts (like your first fix of placing one up front) and I would drill holes all around and try to fix this myself. Well, this is now the official fix? And I did not even get anything sent my way!

So, for about the tenth time SAI will have a fix in "two weeks."

Everyone mark your calendars: Two weeks will put us with a FIX (John's?) by Monday, December 3rd, 2007.

We'll see.

SAI promises Hood Scoop resolution.

Watch for something by December 3rd, 2007!!!!!

SAI promises Hood Scoop resolution.

Watch for something by December 3rd, 2007!!!!!

Archived