TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharged with an Intercooler?

LuLu

If you are superchaged with an intercooler, there is a product on the market that will help you keep things cooler.

Red Line's "Water Wetter" worked best for me. I used 1 pint to 1 gallon of distilled water, and found my temps as much a 30 degrees lower on the hottest of track days, 2003 through 2005. Likewise in day to day street use.

12 fl oz. for 8.99...anywhere.

Clear bottle, pinkish fluid, mixes well with typical ethylene (green) and propylene-glycol (amber) cooling fluids, no corrosion to any metals.

Won't hurt to add a pint to the engine cooling system either, if you wish.

If you are superchaged with an intercooler, there is a product on the market that will help you keep things cooler.

Red Line's "Water Wetter" worked best for me. I used 1 pint to 1 gallon of distilled water, and found my temps as much a 30 degrees lower on the hottest of track days, 2003 through 2005. Likewise in day to day street use.

12 fl oz. for 8.99...anywhere.

Clear bottle, pinkish fluid, mixes well with typical ethylene (green) and propylene-glycol (amber) cooling fluids, no corrosion to any metals.

Won't hurt to add a pint to the engine cooling system either, if you wish.

I have used this in the past and it works well. thanks for reminding me.

LuLu, this stuff is safe in aluminum too I assume. I know dumb question seeing as alot of engines are made of it these days but I want to make sure. I would be interested in using it in our cnc machines. We have liquid cooled spindles and this would help them run cooler and extend bearing life.

LuLu, this stuff is safe in aluminum too I assume. I know dumb question seeing as alot of engines are made of it these days but I want to make sure. I would be interested in using it in our cnc machines. We have liquid cooled spindles and this would help them run cooler and extend bearing life.

Use it without any reservations, it's non-corrosive to any metals we know of.

I have a non-intercooled vortech on my 96GT. I wonder if using a product like this would dramtically help my summer time cooling. I guess there's one way to find out.

Redline Water Wetter works best if it is mixed with distilled water only. Great for summertime, just make sure you get some antifreeze in for the winter. Im no expert just have some and read the bottle.

Redline Water Wetter works best if it is mixed with distilled water only. Great for summertime, just make sure you get some antifreeze in for the winter. Im no expert just have some and read the bottle.

Doesn't work with antifreeze?

Archived