TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Insurance

Stephen Takach

I'm just wondering what everyone is paying for auto insurance on their GT-H. I started to buy through Allstate but then my agent suggested we try Hagerty. It was cheaper than Allstate and covered the full value of the car. I insured the car for 40k as an exoctic. Coverage limits are 250k bodily injury 500k per an accident. Property damage limit is 100k per accident. I declined uninsured motorist and my deductible is 1K each for collision and 1K for other than collision. My cost, near the Houston area, is $755 per year with towing included. I thought this was reasonable, cheaper than my other vehicles, and was just wondering what other GT-H owners were paying.

Thanks, GT-H 417 Texas

Guest backdraft1

GT-H 417

It is hard to compare price as the insurance company uses many criteria to get to the cost of insuring your vehicle. In my case my age combined with a good record for many years and a request for "agreed value" of $60,000 for my car make up my premium. While my age and record are a plus, the agreed value and the amount are negative from the cost prospective. I also have an agreed mileage max of 3000 miles per year, which the fewer miles you drive the less costly to insure.

I originally tried State Farm ( my regular insurer), but the program they had was better suited for antique cars and not collector cars.

I Used Heacock Classics and had a great experience with my agent there. She handled everything directly with the dealership including any pictures needed to insure. I would recommend her and Heacock Classics again.

Sincerely

Backdraft1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering what everyone is paying for auto insurance on their GT-H. I started to buy through Allstate but then my agent suggested we try Hagerty. It was cheaper than Allstate and covered the full value of the car. I insured the car for 40k as an exoctic. Coverage limits are 250k bodily injury 500k per an accident. Property damage limit is 100k per accident. I declined uninsured motorist and my deductible is 1K each for collision and 1K for other than collision. My cost, near the Houston area, is $755 per year with towing included. I thought this was reasonable, cheaper than my other vehicles, and was just wondering what other GT-H owners were paying.

Thanks, GT-H 417 Texas

I got Heathcock to insure for $406, $40,000 value........they were great to work with. If you have MCA membership (Mustang Club of Am) they'll give you the best rate.

Hal,

Atlanta

I have mine with State Farm at a few hundred bucks per year, but I am concerned that should I get in an accident, they would treat the car as a Mustang GT (as titled).

The agent has photo's of the car, copies of the build sheet, invoices, etc. (still waiting on my dash plaque package, sigh...) and some info I pulled from the web.

Will probably go to a specialty insurance company in the spring at an agreed value.

Archived