TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thank you "Shelby Family and Friends"

RogerS

A personal thank you to all my “extended” family and friends for the prayers and well wishes and phone calls. It is greatly appreciated. I have been released from hospital care today at 1:45 PM but still remain out in my Personal Physician’s care until further notice.

To my Friend Adam, buddy, you are WAY too HARD on yourself. Although you did not “splurge” on 1st. class accommodations :lol::lol::lol: my illness was not brought on by our trip. You have nothing to feel guilty about at all. We did have a blast; we met your family, picked up your trailer, spent some time in SHELBY NC, and visited SASSCQUACH in Perry, GA. I remember it for a long time. You are a true friend.

It seems as though I had been fighting an infection for some months, even prior to our trip. Not really getting any better I had visited the Dr. just 2 weeks prior and received antibiotics for a minor sinus infection. Apparently it never cleared or was much more serious than thought. It did not really have major impact until last week. With flu like symptoms on Wed. I had an annual physical planned for Thursday. On Thursday, the Dr. Then places me on a different antibiotic to see if that may knock out what was left. Apparently, without blood work, it had grown much more serious. On Friday I left work early, retired to bed at about noon. Awoke with a fever over 101. Saturday morning no work fever still 101-102 chills, aches etc. flu like symptoms. Sunday fever spikes to 103 then breaks in mid afternoon. Feeling pretty good, have a sandwich for dinner etc. Awake on Monday morning fever back to 102 and off to the Dr. Blood pressure 88 over 60 calls the rescue.

At the hospital blood pressure drops to 67 over 49 they the first impression is bacterial pneumonia and dehydration. After 3 liters of fluid blood pressure still critically low and move me to critical care. 6 hrs pass before blood pressure stabilizes. I did have complete kidney shutdown due to dehydration. Brought on by and infection which attacked and settled into my kidneys. So after great care from the medical and critical care staff at RI Hospital, 10 liters of fluid 750 liters of antibiotics I can now relax and finish my convalescing at home.

Thanks again, my friends and “Shelby family” and a special thanks to my Dad, Mom and Grandpa. Why Dad, Mom, and Grandpa? Haven’t they all passed? Yes. You see, I have been very blessed that I am able to write this today. I have been on medications for the last 8 years to control blood pressure. For some reason on Sunday evening I fell asleep and never took my medications. I have NEVER forgotten to take them. Asking the ER Dr. in charge of the potential consequence. “Hard to tell, buy you probably would have went to sleep and never awoke”.

Looks like Dad, Mom want me to have a little fun with the Shelby. I know Grandpa is still waiting to ride “shotgun” and my grandson need to get his driving lessons in. Shelby events to plan with my friends. I have a great deal to be thankful for.

Hi Roger,

I am so glad it is finally over over and you are on your way to feeling alot better.. Now you can recoup, relax and then worry about work later. Take it easy for a few days. I'll try to give you a call in the next couple of days. Take care my friend and get some rest :D

Bud

Ahhh so glad you are back home and on the road to recovery !

We tried to get Adam to park his Shelby outside your window...but no luck !! :D ( j/k )

Anyways....things always happen for a reason..and good thing you missed that dose of your BP medicine ! It's a no wonder your kidneys took a little hit with you bp doing what you described. Glad you were in the good hands of the medical team.

I always love to tell my staff after a hard day ...what a difference they make in someone's life ! :)

Keep getting better and let us know if we can help in any way !

Sue

My friend Adam paid me a visit this evening. Brought me a copy of SHELBY. and the 1997 World Registry to sharpen my skills. Thanks again buddy.

Sue, Medical staffs are very underappreciated in general. I am greatful for the team that I had and their dedication to quality patient care.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I still have some time to go to full recovery. Follow up with the Dr. tomorrow. Should have my driving clearance for a quick trip in the Shelby up to visit my friend AJ. Adam's son, who I promised I would show my "new Shelby" when it arrived. Also just to spend some quality time with my wife.

Wow! So glad you are doing better! Please continue to improve...I want to come visit you and Adam in the spring if I can!

:)

That would be terriffic. I am in the process of coordinating 3 Northeast Events for forum members. One in the spring, mid summer and fall. None in conjunction with any shows or events except the Tasca Show in August.

I am thinking a coast line cruise from the NJ shore up to Maine ending with an old fasion clambake in Maine. Any possible takers or thoughts? It is in the pre-planning stage. Fall would be "Cruise the Bierkshiers".

My friend Adam paid me a visit this evening. Brought me a copy of SHELBY. and the 1997 World Registry to sharpen my skills. Thanks again buddy.

Sue, Medical staffs are very underappreciated in general. I am greatful for the team that I had and their dedication to quality patient care.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I still have some time to go to full recovery. Follow up with the Dr. tomorrow. Should have my driving clearance for a quick trip in the Shelby up to visit my friend AJ. Adam's son, who I promised I would show my "new Shelby" when it arrived. Also just to spend some quality time with my wife.

That would be terriffic. I am in the process of coordinating 3 Northeast Events for forum members. One in the spring, mid summer and fall. None in conjunction with any shows or events except the Tasca Show in August.

I am thinking a coast line cruise from the NJ shore up to Maine ending with an old fasion clambake in Maine. Any possible takers or thoughts? It is in the pre-planning stage. Fall would be "Cruise the Bierkshiers".

I will have to get back to you on the cruise from NJ to Maine. See I real do not live in that area but it sounds like a great Idea.

P.S Map Quest NJ to ME 524 miles 9 hours 16 mins.From MD to ME is 703 mi – about 12 hours 19 mins. That would be a great way to get miles on the Shelby since it will be siting all summer.

Roger we are very glad to you are back. Michael had put your car on Ebay and it wasnt getting many bids. Adam took a Sharpie out and stenciled "GT350" on the back deck lid and we started to get some bids finally. After 3 hours of me telling them no it wasnt the right thing to do they relented and we closed ot the auction. Man was that guy pissed when Adam gave him his $20 back ;)

All kidding aside it is great to see you out and geting back to good health. I have a customer who's best friend is in the hostipal right now with some sort of virul thing and it shut his kidneys down and they ended up taking out both of his kidneys! The guy is 32 and was healthy as a horse and bam got hit so you never know when something like this can happen. My customers wife was just in a bad car accident and will be 6 months to a year getting skin grafts and surgery before she is back to "normal". We all know someone who has gone through these things or maybe are going throughh it yourself so we need to take the time to tell people how much they mean and enjoy life because you never know.

I will try and call you today. My wife said you called yesterday but it has been a bear week. If not today then this weekend for sure.

As far as the trip goes I dont know if I can make Maine. It will be tought for me to wake up and already be here!LOL So I am defintely interested in meeting up with you guys at the end of the cruise. We can have a BBQ at my house if you guys like. I have plenty of parking room. We also have a pool so we can relax and cool off. Let me know what you think. :)

Roger,

Great to hear you're feeling better and on the road to recovery. With your car not completely done yet I knew you would will yourself better (and it didn't hurt to have modern medicene on your side as well as the thoughts & prayers of all your friends at the Shelby forum). I'm sure some of your convalescing(big word for me - needed spell check) at home includes sitting in the garage with your baby. Get better. Rick

Should have my driving clearance for a quick trip in the Shelby up to visit my friend AJ. Adam's son, who I promised I would show my "new Shelby" when it arrived. Also just to spend some quality time with my wife.

Great hanging with you last night Roger and I'm glad you're back on the road to recovery.

We definitely need to do a little cruise this weekend so I am hopeful you are well enough for a little ride. I'll bring AJ down. I have something specific planned (have for a few weeks now). I think everyone will be very interested in this after it happens. Stay tuned. Lori needs to come. Maybe we can all meet it Providence somewhere for lunch and then do my plan. Sunday is probably better giving more time to rest Saturday.

Roger-glad you're feeling better and back on the board. Something tells me "convalescing" really means "hanging out in the garage with the Shelby" :D Continue to get well!

You're partially correct Larry. He definitely got a little time with the Black Beauty last night when I was there. Looks sweet though, all polished up. And, of course she's in a nice 50% humidity and heated garage. But at least Roger went inside after a few minutes. Boy, his goodies for BB look awesome but I'll let him tell that story.

:D

Good news!

Get well soon. Glad you are going to be fine!

Prayers sent down (over?) from Canada for you last week!

Todd

Archived