TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Museum Delivery & SGT/SC Experience

ffemric33

Well I must say that the museum delivery is a great experience. My father and I picked up his black SGT/SC and the experience was awsome. The crew at SAI did a great job and the factory tour was incredible. It was interesting to hear some of the general public members taking during the tour. They just do not understand everything that goes into these cars. I overheard one person talking about the SGT being "alot of money for 19 hp". If they only understood all the suspension changes made to the car.

Ok, back to the delivery. Got to meet AFBLUE and his wife and they seemed like they had the time of thier life. He posted a link to some great pictures in another thread. The best part of the tour was waiting behind the covered doors to see the car for the first time, Adrian does a great job of teasing the new owners. What an expierence to see the excitement in my fathers eyes when he saw his car for the first time. The signed plaque from the Sheby gang is a true treasure and the gift bag has lots of good stuff. Sorry, I wont divulge the contents so as not to spoil it for others.

Now for the car. My father and I have owned a 1969 Mach I for five years now and have spent many hours wrenching in the garage (tough to keep the old iron running sometimes). We enjoy the classic stang for it's lack of modern amenities and the feel of driving a true classic. But the SGT is an expierence all it's own. I have driven the new mustangs and they are nice cars, but not very "performance oriented", expecially in the suspension. The SGT has a great race car feel and handles like a dream. The SC makes this car and screamer and can scare you quickly, so be careful for all those that have the SC or are planning on getting one. I have no idea how anyone will keep the 725 hp Super Snake on the road!

The car is beatuful and put together very well. I did find some of the faults that so many of the people complain about on this site on our car. But you know what, that is part of owning a Shelby and I do not think my Dad will change a thing. The Shelbys in the 60's had many flaws and that was just part of the game. Everything now days has some flaw. This is not a Bently, this is a street car that has been turned into a street legal race car by an man and company that loves performance. Enjoy it for what is was made for, driving!

We drove the car all the way to Denver. We had a trailer with us but we just could not put it up there. This car is way too much fun for that! Anyways, Mr. Shelby would want it to be driven and enjoyed. Who knows what these things will be worth someday and for that matter, who cares. We will enjoy cruising on Friday nights and running up to Dairy Queen during the summer months. My kids had a blast on their first ride, all I heard was "faster daddy and smoke the tires!" Those are the good memories created when you own special cars like these. Don't tell my dad I smoked the tires, I don't even think he light them up yet!

To the Shelby Team, thanks for helping to create great family memories and for all of your hospitality.

To everyone else, see you on the road!

To my Dad, thanks for sharing the expierence with me.

That right there is what it's all about.

I can't recall who wrote the story sometime back around February/March, but someone took their first drive in their Shelby GT (and I think it was on the way home from a museum delivery) and purposely didn't have anything/anyone in the passenger's seat the whole way. They were driving that life-long dream of a car with their dad in the passenger's seat in spirit since he had passed away sometime earlier. Although I forgot who wrote it, I will never forget that story.

That right there is what it's all about.

I can't recall who wrote the story sometime back around February/March, but someone took their first drive in their Shelby GT (and I think it was on the way home from a museum delivery) and purposely didn't have anything/anyone in the passenger's seat the whole way. They were driving that life-long dream of a car with their dad in the passenger's seat in spirit since he had passed away sometime earlier. Although I forgot who wrote it, I will never forget that story.

That was a great story Adam and has stuck with me ever since. My passenger seat was empty on the ride home from the dealer to.....BUT NOT REALLY, THANKS DAD FOR EVERYTHING, WE THINK OF YOU EVERYDAY!

EDIT: The post is called "Second Chance Shelby" and is on page 4 of the GT500 Forum. I didnt know how to create a link to it, but EVERYONE should give it a read.

That was a great story Adam and has stuck with me ever since. My passenger seat was empty on the ride home from the dealer to.....BUT NOT REALLY, THANKS DAD FOR EVERYTHING, WE THINK OF YOU EVERYDAY!

EDIT: The post is called "Second Chance Shelby" and is on page 4 of the GT500 Forum. I didnt know how to create a link to it, but EVERYONE should give it a read.

Wicked, thanks for finding this. Yes that was the story. It got me all emotional again. Roger and Sue, bring your tissues LOL.

Here is a quick link for all (sorry but I responded to it again so it's not on teh 4th page anymore):

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?act...st=0#entry34715

Wicked, all you do is point to the top of the page where the http... stuff is and click once to highlight the whole link. Then hit the "Ctrl" and "C" buttons at the same time to copy it. Then paste the link (Ctrl V).

Archived