TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sirius Radio option

Shelby101

Found this link which relates to the Sirius Radio antenna mounting

Look and see.

Maybe want to reconsider

Link: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=650134

Has anyone gotten a Shelby with the Sirius radio?

Does the antenna look bad??

I don't mind it, as the music choices are fantastic.

Found this link which relates to the Sirius Radio antenna mounting

Look and see.

Maybe want to reconsider

Link: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=650134

Has anyone gotten a Shelby with the Sirius radio?

Does the antenna look bad??

I don't mind it, as the music choices are fantastic. You can hardly see it in front of the spoiler.

post-3432-1154105592_thumb.jpg

post-3432-1154105592_thumb.jpg

Today I called my dealer to try and delete the sirius satallite radio option. I was told I could do that, but it would be the same as putting in a new order on a car. The dealer said my order priority would change.

Is that true?

So In fear of loosing my priority, I decided not to change my order.

Also, The drawings for GT 500 is supposed to start about August 15. --- any other confirmation on that?

Thanks, Joe

Today I called my dealer to try and delete the sirius satallite radio option. I was told I could do that, but it would be the same as putting in a new order on a car. The dealer said my order priority would change.

Is that true?

Also, The drawings for GT 500 is supposed to start about August 15. --- any other confirmation on that?

Thanks, Joe

IF you're dying to have satellite radio, buy it aftermarket. That way it's a completely separate box and you'll be able to chose alternatives when either Sirius or XM die in the next 18 months. Nice article in the trades again today about 6% of Sirius subscriptions are sitting in unsold cars on lots. Sure, they're all "subscribers", for the first 3-6 months, then 68% of people with the radios pre-installed don't re-up their accounts.

:shift:

bj

Is that true?

I believe it has to do with how far your order has gone into the system - do you have a VIN or build date? Once Ford picks your order your options are pretty much set unless you want to take yourself out of line and move to the back. There are a few dealer employees lurking around here, hopefully one of them will answer with the exact qualifications on this.

Is that true?

Thanks, Joe

Unless your car is scheduled, changing an option such as this has NO effect on the priority unless the dealer himself changes the priority. He's throwing B.S. at you.

Jeez, if the antenna bothers some people that much, then they should just color match the antenna to the car's color. Don't like the look at all? Then don't order the option.

By the way, the Sirius antenna holes are not drilled, they are machine punched which means that Ford produces two different deck lids for the Mustang. So if worse comes to worse you can easily order a deck lid without the punch outs, have it painted to match, install the duck tail, and wala! No Sirius antenna, no antenna holes, and of course no Sirius either.

I personally enjoy the Sirius radio, and the only issue that I have had with it so far has been excessive signal loss. The Sirius signal seems to be weaker than XM because I have had the Sirius signal cut-out just driving under some trees which I never experienced driving an XM equipped vehicle.

Maybe there is some sort of gain adjustment that can be made to improve the signal strength, I don't know, but other than the signal loss issue, it’s a nice system and I would recommend it to anyone that's interested.

Thanks everyone for the information.

I spoke to my dealer again today and told him of my dislike for the "stamped" holes in the trunk lid for the sirius sattilite antena. My order has been modified without changing the order priority. I do not have a VIN assigned yet, but I am still crossing my fingers without holding my breath.

Stamped/Drilled - it's still a hole in the $45000 car I don't care for. However ordering another trunk lid, as mentioned, is one option.

Perhaps the buyers of the 2008 Shelby 500 will have more information and facts when ordering their cars.

By then all the kinks in tranny jiggle, air bubbles in striping, and cup holder placement may be worked out.

:party:

Archived