TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well wished for Roger Sorel...

ShelbyGT/SC

I haven't been a member here long enough to know much about Roger, or, Adam. But, I have been a member of "family" style web site for years, where membership at large feels (and acts) more like family to one another, than just screen names at other sites.

Being seriously ill myself (but getting better), my heart and prayers are didecated to Roger and his real family. Likewise, I want to tell Adam to ease up on himself.

As a newbie here, seems to me that for some time now, Roger has been known to "push" things too far, go the extra mile. Also (and likewise because I am a newbie), seems to me that his best friend Adam, feels responsible for tugging at Roger's "type A" personality to come along.

Stop this...Both of you.

Roger...Slow down, or, leave a lot of real family and close friends behind, and missing you very much.

Adam...Set it down, my friend. Give your shoulders a break from this overbearing weight. You are not responsible for harming Roger in any way. He made his own choices. May I offer both of y'all my best wishes and prayers?

I'm in a forest of wonder about my own health right now, but I realized from day one that I was steering my bus alone. No one else is responsible for my present health but me, and I would have not pushed it to the edge if I didn't chose too.

Roger and Adam, y'all be safe. I am sure now, that good things wait ahead.

God's Speed...

good advice LuLu....if you are in northern IL, let us know if we can do anything for you...there is 4 or 5 members in the area....quick recovery to you as well

I haven't been a member here long enough to know much about Roger, or, Adam. But, I have been a member of "family" style web site for years, where membership at large feels (and acts) more like family to one another, than just screen names at other sites.

Being seriously ill myself (but getting better), my heart and prayers are didecated to Roger and his real family. Likewise, I want to tell Adam to ease up on himself.

As a newbie here, seems to me that for some time now, Roger has been known to "push" things too far, go the extra mile. Also (and likewise because I am a newbie), seems to me that his best friend Adam, feels responsible for tugging at Roger's "type A" personality to come along.

Stop this...Both of you.

Roger...Slow down, or, leave a lot of real family and close friends behind, and missing you very much.

Adam...Set it down, my friend. Give your shoulders a break from this overbearing weight. You are not responsible for harming Roger in any way. He made his own choices. May I offer both of y'all my best wishes and prayers?

I'm in a forest of wonder about my own health right now, but I realized from day one that I was steering my bus alone. No one else is responsible for my present health but me, and I would have not pushed it to the edge if I didn't chose too.

Roger and Adam, y'all be safe. I am sure now, that good things wait ahead.

God's Speed...

Thank you LuLu. You take car of yourself too and please do let us know if/how we all can help.

thanks Adam for the update. i also just got off the phone with Roger. he is sounding and said he is doing ALOT better. told me that the kidneys are working again and that he has broken the world record for relieving himself into a container :lol: ( i have NO idea why i put that, but thought it might add a little humor to this serious sitution and its true!) if yall have his CELL number he has it in his room with him. i know if i was STUCK in a room for a few days i would like my FRIENDS to call.

were still praying for a speedy recovery. keep taking good car of him MISS LORI!!

michael morris

Thank you MM. However, I think Roger definitely needs his rest too. After speaking with him tonight I could tell he was tiring easily after only a few minutes on the phone. Therefore, in a small way, I am glad I didn't go tonight so I didn't take away more of his rest. To me, although it is awesome having guests and someone to talk to, I've seen how visitors can be more of a drag on a patient as some patients feel they have to entertain the guest. I am very hopeful that Roger will be in much stronger shape tomorrow to be able to have me there. I will guage my time there tomorrow based on how strong I feel he is.

One thing Roger did request is for me to bring some Shelby mags. For starters, I've already purchased about a dozen of the new Shelby mags (and will buy more) so I'll bring him one of those. Plus, I figure I'll bring him my 1997 SAAC World Registry. That will keep him entertained for at least an hour (for those who've never seen it, it's a 2.5" thick, 8.5x11" book with 1336 pages and it's all about vintage Shelby's - all of them. Most of this stuff is already in Roger's head, but I'm sure he'll get something out of it. It's an incredible book.

Anyway, if anyone does want to call tomorrow night, I'll likely be there in the 7 to 8 pm timeframe (east coast) tomorrow so if you want to chat with him really quick, call my cell at 508-272-2291. If he is willing, I'll hand him the phone (and if the hospital allows the calls). Oh, and by the way, I think I failed to mention that they obviously moved him out of the ER and into a real room.

Thanks for the call Wicked and sorry I missed it. Let's chat tomorrow. I'm going to load up the Shelby in the trailer now to bring to Tasca tomorrow for my remaining mods. I think I'll also have them do more HP (about another 20-40) along with the panhard rods, and other stuff in my sig (finally).

Oh, and one last thing, Jonathan, it was great talking with you again too. Try John or Bud tomorrow for that grille. Glad your brother ended up okay in the end.

Archived