TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Garages

Guest evilchris

actually we have hosted a few Buick grand national local club get-togethers,and one

for the newer T-birds..

I LOVE retrobirds. Will be my next car.

here is ours..we have 8 car capasity..1 lift..full shop.air tools,mig welder etc...

MYGT500, how do you like your above ground lift??? I just built a 4,000 s.f. shop and was considering an inground lift, but way over priced, any negatives, how much space do you need to work around it when something is on the lift?? Thanks

MYGT500, how do you like your above ground lift??? I just built a 4,000 s.f. shop and was considering an inground lift, but way over priced, any negatives, how much space do you need to work around it when something is on the lift?? Thanks

the above ground lift works very well..get an asymetrical,so you can open the car doors while on the lift. also,a "clear floor " is preferable,so when using transmission jacks you have no objects in the way. Mine is a

challenger brand. Made in Tenn.. These will last atleast 20 yrs. very little mantanece. buy atleast a 7000 lb rating..Having a lift at home,makes even oil changes a breeze. We have built several drag cars in my garage,and almost never have to farm any tasks out...

the above ground lift works very well..get an asymetrical,so you can open the car doors while on the lift. also,a "clear floor " is preferable,so when using transmission jacks you have no objects in the way. Mine is a

challenger brand. Made in Tenn.. These will last atleast 20 yrs. very little mantanece. buy atleast a 7000 lb rating..Having a lift at home,makes even oil changes a breeze. We have build several drag cars in my garage,and almost never have to farm any tasks out...

I agree with the Challenger Versametric. Mine is a 10,000 lb lift to lift big vehicles and my soon to be delivered GT500. My shop is not complete yet but is 3000 sq ft heated and cooled. Houses our Motorhome and other toys.. As this project progresses I'll post updates. I love to see other areas as you get some great ideas from pictures.

I agree with the Challenger Versametric. Mine is a 10,000 lb lift to lift big vehicles and my soon to be delivered GT500. My shop is not complete yet but is 3000 sq ft heated and cooled. Houses our Motorhome and other toys.. As this project progresses I'll post updates. I love to see other areas as you get some great ideas from pictures.

I've got the assymetrical also, its the way to go, they are just so darn versatel. No more laying on my back and getting covered with every piece of crap that falls off the car :fan: Also for us old guys we dont have to use our first alert pager either :hysterical:

I've got the assymetrical also, its the way to go, they are just so darn versatel. No more laying on my back and getting covered with every piece of crap that falls off the car :fan: Also for us old guys we dont have to use our first alert pager either :hysterical:

Yeah no kidding....help I've fallen and I can't get up :sos:

Yeah no kidding....help I've fallen and I can't get up :sos:

Here's a pic of new unfinished shop..

post-2732-1154136481_thumb.jpg

post-2732-1154136481_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking about a mat to park my Shelby on.

JB

Whatever his name... while he's down under there have him change the oil! :hysterical:

<sorry, couldn't resist>

here is ours..we have 8 car capasity..1 lift..full shop.air tools,mig welder etc...

Wow! that's so nice!!

My wife cooks, I know cars ... and we're quiet -- maybe we could just visit for a few months?

:baby:

How hard is it to install the above ground lift and do you need extra thickness on your concrete pour??

Another question is about required ceiling height....is 9' ceilings high enough?

Dave

9 feet sounds a little short for a twin post lift, check out some of the manufactures web sites. Mine is a Rotary Lift. You might have to settle for four poster or some other configuration. Do that math, 9 foot ceiling, 4 foot car, 5 feet left.

Hope this is helpful :fan:

9 feet sounds a little short for a twin post lift, check out some of the manufactures web sites. Mine is a Rotary Lift. You might have to settle for four poster or some other configuration. Do that math, 9 foot ceiling, 4 foot car, 5 feet left.

Hope this is helpful :fan:

Doh...I typed 9' but I really meant 10'. I may have barely enough room. Thanks.

Dave

Whatever his name... while he's down under there have him change the oil! :hysterical:

<sorry, couldn't resist>

Wow! that's so nice!!

My wife cooks, I know cars ... and we're quiet -- maybe we could just visit for a few months?

:baby:

yeah...come over...we can talk cars,and wives can cook up something :)

¿Who Mat? I don't think Mat changes oil.

JB

ok, oil, filter & lube? :doh: ...actually, it was just one of my (typically) lame attempts at humor. :fan:

¿Jesse, did you keep bidding on that bike?

yeah...come over...we can talk cars,and wives can cook up something :)

ok, packing the Taurus wagon now -- what state should I point toward? :shift:

(pretty sky in that pic too, MYGT -- very cool house)

Archived