TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got caught in a hailstorm yesterday!

07SHELBY GT

Decided to drive my baby to work yesterday as the weather man said scattered showers VERY LATE IN THE DAY!So I figured might as well get in some more miles before it really gets funky outside.Right about 4:30 the sky started looking scary,Hoped I would have enough time to get back home before it rained too much,<bleep> weathermen,Paid well for an educated guess,Must be nice!1 mile from work it starts to rain so hard I can't see three feet in front of the car.I keep going looking for some shelter,Then quarter size hail starts falling on my car!I head for the nearest bridge to hide under until it passes,Thinking that my car must be looking pretty sad by now.After it cleared I drove 40 miles without once getting out to look at what I just know is going to freak me out.I reach a gas station 5 miles from my house,Get out,I still can just Imagine the damage and guess what?Not a freakin' scratch!!!!!I couldn't beleive it.Even drove it to work today to look it over real good,Same thing NO DAMAGE!THANK YOU GOD!!!So remember,Even GOD prefers the SHELBY GT!!!

Decided to drive my baby to work yesterday as the weather man said scattered showers VERY LATE IN THE DAY!So I figured might as well get in some more miles before it really gets funky outside.Right about 4:30 the sky started looking scary,Hoped I would have enough time to get back home before it rained too much,<bleep> weathermen,Paid well for an educated guess,Must be nice!1 mile from work it starts to rain so hard I can't see three feet in front of the car.I keep going looking for some shelter,Then quarter size hail starts falling on my car!I head for the nearest bridge to hide under until it passes,Thinking that my car must be looking pretty sad by now.After it cleared I drove 40 miles without once getting out to look at what I just know is going to freak me out.I reach a gas station 5 miles from my house,Get out,I still can just Imagine the damage and guess what?Not a freakin' scratch!!!!!I couldn't beleive it.Even drove it to work today to look it over real good,Same thing NO DAMAGE!THANK YOU GOD!!!So remember,Even GOD prefers the SHELBY GT!!!

glad you had no damage. I had a late model Jag XJ8 a couple years ago..got caught in hailstorm ...dozens of dimples. the dent guys got them all out, but I swore I could always 'almost see them'....sold the car and bought a new one.

glad you made out unscathed

No matter how careful you are it seems like <bleep> happens...

How true,I even have my own designated parking spot behind where I work so I can keep an eye on it all day long,But Oh how lucky I was,Hail dimples are a real nightmare!

How true,I even have my own designated parking spot behind where I work so I can keep an eye on it all day long,But Oh how lucky I was,Hail dimples are a real nightmare!

I brought mine to work one day and parked in my own, designated, somewhat safe and out-in-the-open parking spot. Dropped the windows about 1/4 way down and went inside to "work".

Came back out and the GD yard crew had mowed throwing the grass and dirt all over and in my car. I was so mad I was throwing anything I could find!

I think a hail storm would probably make me pop an artery or something!

Glad your car is OK!

Archived