TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No 2009 Shelby GT?

Matt N.

According the December, 2007 issue of Road and Track magazine (page 66), Amy Boylan seems to indicate the SGT run will come to an end in December which "allows [sAI] to step aside while Ford prepares for the Bullitt". And at that time, their capacity will be used to build the 1000 GT500KR's and add on the Super Snake package to customer GT500's.

Since they've gotten so efficient over the past year and half, my question is... What Next? :)

This is the closest I will ever get to driving a gt350....new or old.

http://carlisle.gadgets-shopping.com/test-...ited-shelby-fun

I'm with you wicked-I have my Shelby, not planning on trading it for anything. :)

My dealer told me his thoughts on the GT350 and added it was purely speculation on his part-that the GT350 would be the replacement for the GT500 and would be about 400 HP in a naturally aspirated 5.4L or a new 302.

:D

According the December, 2007 issue of Road and Track magazine (page 66), Amy Boylan seems to indicate the SGT run will come to an end in December which "allows [sAI] to step aside while Ford prepares for the Bullitt". And at that time, their capacity will be used to build the 1000 GT500KR's and add on the Super Snake package to customer GT500's.

Since they've gotten so efficient over the past year and half, my question is... What Next? :)

Maybe limited Special editions?

Barrett Jackson?

Yellow and black "Killer ShelBEES ?"

John Derre Shelby?

:D

I'm with you wicked-I have my Shelby, not planning on trading it for anything. :)

My dealer told me his thoughts on the GT350 and added it was purely speculation on his part-that the GT350 would be the replacement for the GT500 and would be about 400 HP in a naturally aspirated 5.4L or a new 302.

Hopefully the motor would be a Boss 302 or 4.6 punched out. I don't think a GT350 would be a good car with the heavier 5.4. that is why the S/C makes a difference although still many car magazines thought the car to be nose heavy in turns.

All in all I love my SGT. As I have said in the past, SAI will probably always have soemthing new for me to lust over. In the meantime, we all make our payments so the car will be ours!

Reading an atricle this morning "they" are going to focus more on "Market Driven" models. The support from the public and media would indicate it should make the cut. But with $4 + per gal. gasoline right around the corner....who knows. It would be ashame to cancel. I beileve they need to bring it to market to complete with the Camaro.

Just as Chevy is debuting the new Camaro, finally, Amy should/might be finalizing the awesome GT350!

(we hope! :D ).....add in the new Challenger...........2009/2010 could be alot like 1969/1970...

.....one last hp blast before gas prices drive the big 3 (maybe now the medium 3) away from these kind of projects.

....one last blast for the combustion engine?

Archived