TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If anyone's interested

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/465569536.html

1983 shelby 90,000 miles motor runs, the car has been sitting over 6yrs. Needs the tank to be clean. The car is blue with silver stripes shelby seats and wheels. 4cyl carb car no turbo, call or e-mail 4694464938

http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/459848141.html

INSTRUMENT GAUGE PACKAGE VERY LOW MILEAGE OEM LIKE NEW 1987 SHELBY CHARGER

or Shelby Glsh / very limited production

call for details

214-244-0541 MICHAEL

2nd ad is confusing. Sounds like he wants $300 for his GLH-S instrument cluster.

Boy, I screwed up and sold my last cluster way too cheap.

robin

Yeah I was confused myself but since I know nothing about these cars I didn't know if maybe there was a Dodge Shelby with a special instrument cluster package or something.

• 3 weeks later...

The GLH-S instrument cluster was modified by Shelby. Back in the 80's, the feds would not allow speedometers to read above 85mph.

Shelby removed the needle peg and added a decal so the speedometer could indicate up to 135 mph.

robin

Back in 88 I tested the reading on my speedo on the North Dallas Race/Toll way (before all the traffic was around), it took awhile, but it made it to the 135 on the label. Nothing better than pushing a large square box thru a 100 MPH wind storm... ;)

His ad sounds like he has a gauge cluster from a 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger that he says will also fit a 1987 Shelby GLHS. Either way a bit pricey since the only difference between the two is the previously mentioned decal and with the number of aftermarket decals sold thru the years there's no way to guarantee it came from a GLHS.

Steve

Archived