TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#1197 for Sale @ $31,500.00

SWEDESHELBY1

The SU Forum/Board has a 2007 SGT with Iup, Anti-theft, leather and 902 miles for $31,500 yes you saw that right! It just frign kills me to see these things go DIRT CHEAP! I know why people won't pay for these cars and it has nothing to do with the looks...it's the Horse power!!! Dam*d horse power is 19 HP over a stock GT and it just kills the price! I just can't get over it. I love the car but the HP just kills me!! NO FRIGN RESALE ON THESE PUPPIES just depreciation BIGTIME! Uhgggggg!!!!! :angry:

Iup=interior upgrade :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Guess I need to check my window sticker to see if I have that option. I believed until now, that all 2007 SGTs were created equal, with exception to tranny and color.

EDIT: Yep, I got it. Seems to be a stock Mustang option, not anything from Shelby's "upfitter's package".

Shows you how excited I was to lay my hands on one of these awesome automobiles...

Thanks again

remember the first year is the worst. Tbirds dropped pretty quick now they are bringing big money again. same goes for the Ford GT. went nuts dropped now they are bringing big money. any car that you have to DUMP is going to bring alot less money. he is HAVING to sell the car. different when these cars are a few years old and some WANTS to buy one. dont panic. they will go up and down. enjoy your car and drive it like you stole it

michael morris

For those worried about depreciation, its just short term. It's widely known that the biggest depreciation hit a car takes is in the first year. Deep dealer discounting gets added dollar for dollar on top of any normal depreciation our cars are taking right now. My belief is that our cars' prices will stablize as soon as all 2007 inventory has depleted to zero. Once that happens t they will become scarce(er) since they are "enthusiast cars" most of their owners will look to keep them and enjoy them...which is what we all should be doing anyway -

B)

For those worried about depreciation, its just short term. It's widely known that the biggest depreciation hit a car takes is in the first year. Deep dealer discounting gets added dollar for dollar on top of any normal depreciation our cars are taking right now. My belief is that our cars' prices will stablize as soon as all 2007 inventory has depleted to zero. Once that happens t they will become scarce(er) since they are "enthusiast cars" most of their owners will look to keep them and enjoy them...which is what we all should be doing anyway -

B)

+1...This is true. However, another economical truth needs to be considered when debating market value and resale.

"Anything offered for sale is worth only what someone is willing to pay", and you cannot escape this truth.

Back in May of 2002, I purchased an "advanced production" 2003 Mercury Marauder directly from Lincoln/Mercury. 11 months later, I needed to liquidate that Marauder for cash in order to buy a "once-in-a-lifetime" Marauder, the Kenny Brown #1x experimental/magazine car. I poured over all the numbers, and ended up taking a 20+ large hit in finances. Thankfully, five years later, it all turned around and I recovered 80 percent of my investment. This will never happen again.

In terms of "collector's value", no one really knows what lies ahead. Hell, we don't even know how many 2007 SGTs were produced in either color. Thus, there is no "crystal ball".

Best case secneario, the 2007 SGT will be a timeless classic, and the closer to OEM stock your copy of the SGT is, the better you will fare in market value.

Worst case sceneario, it's just another Mustang with one more of a dozen trim packages, paint schemes and dash plaques. Pfffftttt...No big deal.

No one really knows...Best y'all just hold on, and enjoy the ride.

You shouldn't be too concerned about depreciation and re-sale values unless you are looking to sell your car. And remember, it's a car, not Google stock. Even if it loses value by the time you ever sell it - you got to drive it, show it off, be part of a unique club, etc. That should be worth something.

remember the first year is the worst. Tbirds dropped pretty quick now they are bringing big money again. same goes for the Ford GT. went nuts dropped now they are bringing big money. any car that you have to DUMP is going to bring alot less money. he is HAVING to sell the car. different when these cars are a few years old and some WANTS to buy one. dont panic. they will go up and down. enjoy your car and drive it like you stole it

michael morris

Thanks Michael, your 100% correct. It still just gets me to no end when I see that and I go right back to my biggest peave about this car....the horse power- Ughhhhh- I want more power, FACTORY SAI POWER :rolleyes: !

Thanks Michael, your 100% correct. It still just gets me to no end when I see that and I go right back to my biggest peave about this car....the horse power- Ughhhhh- I want more power, FACTORY SAI POWER :rolleyes: !

Swede, would sending the car to Tasca for your SC be just as good as shipping it back to SAI? The wait would be shorter . . .

michael morris

This is exactly what happened to the 03/04 Mach 1s. Unfortunately I sold mine at the bottom, then 9 months later they are bringing 5k more.

With the current incentives, many can get a barebones 08 SGTs for around $35-36K (X-plan + $1K rebate, or $1K rebate + $1K military). X-plan pins are available via various routes.

Swede, would sending the car to Tasca for your SC be just as good as shipping it back to SAI? The wait would be shorter . . .

And now there is the Dallas option as well.

This is exactly what happened to the 03/04 Mach 1s. Unfortunately I sold mine at the bottom, then 9 months later they are bringing 5k more.

No kidding. I almost bought a 04 Mach 1 off the lot for $23K back in Dec 03. I still see them listed for that much 4 years later. I think the SGT will be much the same. Prices will initially fall like right now but then rise and stabilize.

I'm thinking they will come back up in a few years,Especially after the recent guarantee by Amy that the "BJ's" :lol: SORRY :lol: Will be the last of our kind.Especially after the final tally and factory options break down comes out.I haven't seen too many without the IUP,So the guys with the really bare bones cars might make out,Purely speculation as mine is not for sale,But if history repeats itself "naked cars" have their own little niche in the market.No doubt the factory supercharged cars will rise once the word gets out!We didn't know they were available,The general public doesn't know what these cars are,The dealers don't know what these cars are,Let alone the mod shop options.Poor marketing may eventually be in our favor!These cars are more special than most people realize!Any other Mustangs out there have their own mod shop?NO!Any other Mustangs getting modified in the same fashion as the original Shelby Mustangs?NO!Think about it!How many of us have said "If I knew then what I know now about these OLD RARE cars,I would have held on to mine"The immediate market looks dim,Same thing happened to the originals,So if you are in your car for the long haul,Don't sweat it,If you don't own one,Get them while they are cold,and save some money that some of us didn't!Just some thoughts based in FACT!

My 03 Mach had 9,100 miles on it with a little over 2.5 years of ext. warranty left. I started out at $21,500 with both sets of wheels/tires and ended up selling it last May for $19,000, couldn't get much interest in it until i got it below $20,000.00

The SU Forum/Board has a 2007 SGT with Iup, Anti-theft, leather and 902 miles for $31,500 yes you saw that right! It just frign kills me to see these things go DIRT CHEAP! I know why people won't pay for these cars and it has nothing to do with the looks...it's the Horse power!!! Dam*d horse power is 19 HP over a stock GT and it just kills the price! I just can't get over it. I love the car but the HP just kills me!! NO FRIGN RESALE ON THESE PUPPIES just depreciation BIGTIME! Uhgggggg!!!!! :angry:

This car is just across the river from me, less than an hour away. It would be nice to have a white one too. Anyone know a good divorce attorney?

Can someone post a link on the Barrett Jackson version? I've only come by one thread that mentioned it in passing. Would appreciate to know more about this one.

Thanks.

The link is in the Barrett Jackson Shelby thread,That's the only info I've seen on them.

My 03 Mach had 9,100 miles on it with a little over 2.5 years of ext. warranty left. I started out at $21,500 with both sets of wheels/tires and ended up selling it last May for $19,000, couldn't get much interest in it until i got it below $20,000.00

This car is just across the river from me, less than an hour away. It would be nice to have a white one too. Anyone know a good divorce attorney? :lol::lol: I had two cars,The other was an 07 Vette,Wifey said one of them had to go,Sold the Vette,Should have gotten rid of wife!BTW Shelby is white,Vette was black,I had both of my favorite cars,Had being the operative word :lol:

swede...I'm sorry, but I can't help but wonder ... why did you buy an SGT? You did know the HP when you bought it, correct? I'm really curious because you are constantly making the point about and complaining about horsepower. Nothing insulting or personal intended here; it's just that my curiousity is way up on this.

swede...I'm sorry, but I can't help but wonder ... why did you buy an SGT? You did know the HP when you bought it, correct? I'm really curious because you are constantly making the point about and complaining about horsepower. Nothing insulting or personal intended here; it's just that my curiousity is way up on this.

I too am very sorry you of all people asked that question! But here goes Ilmor- The SGT looked incredible that is why I bought it. I have always said that I love the looks of my car but they should have made the car 380 HP from the gate. I can kind of understand why it was you though who asked it because you seem not to care if the car only had 250 HP or 319 HP as i believe you like this car for the name, not that that is bad. I think even you said this car should be named a GT350 in one of your comments or posts, and Shelby said it does NOT have enough horse power to be a GT350 that is why. They said it should be approx. 400 horse power to be a GT350. In fact Amy said it. So even the powers that be said it too. So Ilmor I am sorry if I can't please you with my posts, believe me I do not care if you like them or not, I say them just the same. It is just a different way to look at things and that is why this world goes around the way it does. Not every body likes everything just the way it is, like you do- Oh and my car is black! :D

Hope you did not take this the wrong way-

I too am very sorry you of all people asked that question! But here goes Ilmor- The SGT looked incredible that is why I bought it. I have always said that I love the looks of my car but they should have made the car 380 HP from the gate. I can kind of understand why it was you though who asked it because you seem not to care if the car only had 250 HP or 319 HP as i believe you like this car for the name, not that that is bad. I think even you said this car should be named a GT350 in one of your comments or posts, and Shelby said it does NOT have enough horse power to be a GT350 that is why. They said it should be approx. 400 horse power to be a GT350. In fact Amy said it. So even the powers that be said it too. So Ilmor I am sorry if I can't please you with my posts, believe me I do not care if you like them or not, I say them just the same. It is just a different way to look at things and that is why this world goes around the way it does. Not every body likes everything just the way it is, like you do- Oh and my car is black! :D

Hope you did not take this the wrong way-

No, don't worry Swede, I don't take it the wrong way. We're just conversing as far as I am concerned.

I think you answered my question by saying you bought the car for the looks. Nothing wrong with that; it is a great looking car! That being the case, however, I don't think its fair then to keep beating it and SAI up because of personal horsepower desires. That's just my opinion.

Now, if the horsepower had been advertised at 319 but really only put out 300, that would be something to complain about!

To correct you, however, I did not buy the car for its name. I bought if for the total package; and knew that 319 hp was part of that package. If I had felt that 319 hp wasn't enough HP for that package and the price (I paid below msrp), I would not have bought it.

The GT350 discussion is separate and apart, and not related to this discussion...at least its not related in my mind, so I won't comment further on that here.

I also do not "like everything just the way it is", but I believe you didn't mean that exactly how you wrote it, because obviously you couldn't know me that well.

Finally, black is a great color, just hard to keep clean (I know, I've owned 3 black cars, including one now).

Have a great day! :D

No, don't worry Swede, I don't take it the wrong way. We're just conversing as far as I am concerned.

To correct you, however, I did not buy the car for its name. I bought if for the total package; and knew that 319 hp was part of that package. If I had felt that 319 hp wasn't enough HP for that package and the price (I paid below msrp), I would not have bought it.

The GT350 discussion is separate and apart, and not related to this discussion...at least its not related in my mind, so I won't comment further on that here.

I also do not "like everything just the way it is", but I believe you didn't mean that exactly how you wrote it, because obviously you couldn't know me that well.

Finally, black is a great color, just hard to keep clean (I know, I've owned 3 black cars, including one now).

Have a great day! :D

Same same B)

Archived