TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So no one is coming down?

sdear

Come on people....a nice warm weekend in Florida.

I am sitting here putting off what I need to do !

I keep staring at the clay bar, but it's not moving on it's own. :(

Ughhhhhhhh ok..here i go...........

:o

Hope Ralph is the same after I attempt this.

:rolleyes: :lol:

Come on people....a nice warm weekend in Florida.

I am sitting here putting off what I need to do !

I keep staring at the clay bar, but it's not moving on it's own. :(

Ughhhhhhhh ok..here i go...........

:o

Hope Ralph is the same after I attempt this.

:rolleyes: :lol:

My folks are in New Smyrna beach, i could call my pops? he always likes helpin the car crazy people out........

I know exactly how you feel. I washed on Wednesday, and applied paint cleaner and polished last night. Tonight I will be waxing, cleaning windows, tires, interior… etc. Car show tomorrow.

BTW does anyone know how to keep rust from showing on the rotors edges where the pads don’t hit?

Do you guys clay bar the stripes???

I can't remember when the guy showed me !

Ty,

Sue

Hey Sue,

I don't. I did a little and it seemed to smear more and in general didn't do any good. I also didn't want to risk something scratching the stripes which seem far more susceptible than the painted areas. What are you spraying on while using the clay bar?

I have a clay bar lubricant that came with it , that is what I am suppose to spray on the car. I also have a clay bar cleaner for when I am done.

I watched the guy do my car 6 months ago...but I forgot alot of things :(

I want to at least get the clay bar done today, then I will polish tomorrow.

Ralph may never be the same :o :o :P

I have a clay bar lubricant that came with it , that is what I am suppose to spray on the car. I also have a clay bar cleaner for when I am done.

I watched the guy do my car 6 months ago...but I forgot alot of things :(

I want to at least get the clay bar done today, then I will polish tomorrow.

Ralph may never be the same :o :o :P

Any good detail spray will work great BTW!

Have fun!

Any good detail spray will work great BTW!

Have fun!

Really??? I just about used the whole bottle I had...that is nice to know.

Gee thanks Shelby Don !

Clay bar done ! Wasn't so bad. Can tell a big difference with the plastic baggy thing.

NOW...watch out...I am armed with a porter cable !!! :o :o :lol:

This should be interesting :P

The Zaino package said to just put 4 or 5 drops of their car wash concentrate into a spray bottle (filled with water) and keep the surface being clayed nice and wet, worked like a charm.

I clayed the stripes too, no problem.

Sue, I'd love to come down & help, but I am thinking when I tell the new wife, "I am flying to Florida to help Sue detail her car".......she will do her best impression of "EL KABONG" :lol:

hopefully someone other than me remembers 70's cartoons! :P

The Zaino package said to just put 4 or 5 drops of their car wash concentrate into a spray bottle and keep the surface being clayed nice and wet, worked like a charm.

I clayed the stripes too, no problem.

Sue, I'd love to come down & help, but I am thinking when I tell the new wife, "I am flying to Florida to help Sue detail her car".......she will do her best impression of "EL KABONG" :lol:

hopefully someone other than me remembers 70's cartoons! :P

hahaha..ok.....but just tell her you will be hanging out with my hubby :P

Speaking of hubby's..wish he would get here and give me a hand ! But I am sure i would hear the "it's your car honey " ...or "what is in it for me honey? "

Men !

LOL Sue, especially at the "what is in it for me" part. Us guys always get to the point! ;)

As for the clay bar, when I wash mine I use the Zaino wash. So while I am washing I have a slice of clay bar with me and clay it as I wash it. It is so much easier than scrubbing the bejesus out of everything with a sponge. I just stick the clay on the lip of the bucket and it stays there while I wash. Now thats my tip of the day for you Sue...I did my part!LOL

LOL Sue, especially at the "what is in it for me" part. Us guys always get to the point! ;)

As for the clay bar, when I wash mine I use the Zaino wash. So while I am washing I have a slice of clay bar with me and clay it as I wash it. It is so much easier than scrubbing the bejesus out of everything with a sponge. I just stick the clay on the lip of the bucket and it stays there while I wash. Now thats my tip of the day for you Sue...I did my part!LOL

Gee thanks....NOW you come on and tell me that ! Sounds much easier !!

Polish is done...now for the protectant. Then I put a coat of Blackfire carnuba over that...and it will look awesomeeeeee !!

Gonna be a long night :o

Sue where is your helper?

BTW I calyed my car last evening. I just added a liittle more soap and clayed as Webba outlined. Much easier. As Matt also said any detail spray will work as a lubricant. I did clay the stripes and they were bad! Just did them with a little less pressure

Sue where is your helper?

BTW I calyed my car last evening. I just added a liittle more soap and clayed as Webba outlined. Much easier. As Matt also said any detail spray will work as a lubricant. I did clay the stripes and they were bad! Just did them with a little less pressure

Well i didnt clay the stripes this time....will do it next go round.

My "helper" just arrived. Just in time to do the protectant. :D

Ummmm,

what's with the crotch shot on the gas cap lid. Is that like a bullseye or something? :huh:

:D The car looks really good!

haha...that is the infamous autoplay. Looks like he was cut in half from the reflection lol.

Ummmm Roger...I dont recall you being here the last few days to help me sooooooooo pffffft !!!

BTW does anyone know how to keep rust from showing on the rotors edges where the pads don’t hit?

Use the finest steel wool you can find (craft stores have the best stuff). Use it gently and in the same circular pattern as the rotor itself. Jim

Archived