TEAM SHELBY FORUM

paxton super charger

DLGT-H398

• 2 weeks later...

JW,

I don't have a code for the stripes, but colors can be matched on cars just like at Home Depot for your interior walls, I'm not at all worried about finding something so close you can't tell sitting next to a taped car. Don't forget, the tape stripes are satin on a shiny car - once paint is under clear the color will pop and can look very different even if it is the same exact shade. Test panels are going to be the key.

Once I get the car to the paint shop and start the prep, then we'll get the color and shoot some tests.

Honestly, if you want a 'perfect' car, the hoods on the GT-H's need quite a bit of work. Every car I have seen is a good 5 footer, mine is no exception. We'll have to completely sand out and work the edges, gaps, and corners.

I plan to have a reverse mask made and shoot paint on the rocker stripes and lettering as well. (Will match the color and be cheaper than a $240 set of tape stripes!) While we're in the booth I'm tossing around the idea of getting a GT500 spoiler and painting that up too as a variation on the traditional car. (They bolt in and out on the same holes)

I will post a code for all once we paint. Should be after Christmas some time! I can't wait!

has anyone done the paxton super charger on their GT-H??? whats the estimate on HP from this setup??

does the $5,000 price include install at SAI????? thinking of taking the plunge

Shelby says the Paxton/Novi kit will bump HP to 467 and TQ to 419 ft lb. However, Shelby does not qualify these numbers as brake or rear wheel stats, and I would not presume rear wheel due to the mild boost.

I SAI called a while back to check on install costs, and I was told "two grand, maybe 2500".

At 5299.00 (polished), the kit seems fairly priced to me, but the install at SAI (not including shipping costs) seemed unreasonable. If you're handy with tools, this kit is a one-day job. If not, plan a weekend. I like the kit, but not the cost of SAI install.

Shelby says the Paxton/Novi kit will bump HP to 467 and TQ to 419 ft lb. However, Shelby does not qualify these numbers as brake or rear wheel stats, and I would not presume rear wheel due to the mild boost.

I SAI called a while back to check on install costs, and I was told "two grand, maybe 2500".

At 5299.00 (polished), the kit seems fairly priced to me, but the install at SAI (not including shipping costs) seemed unreasonable. If you're handy with tools, this kit is a one-day job. If not, plan a weekend. I like the kit, but not the cost of SAI install.

HI, ALL RIGHT, EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING ME FOR THE PAINT CODE FOR THESE STRIPES, MINE IS ALL DONE, CAME OUT PERFECT, I REPAINTED THE STRIPES WITH PPG DELTRON DBU 24590, 1 QUART DID THE STRIPES. I ALSO CLEARED THE SIDE STRIPES. I AM ACTUALLY INSTALLING THE PAXTON THIS WEEK, HOPE ALL GOES WELL.

HI, ALL RIGHT, EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING ME FOR THE PAINT CODE FOR THESE STRIPES, MINE IS ALL DONE, CAME OUT PERFECT, I REPAINTED THE STRIPES WITH PPG DELTRON DBU 24590, 1 QUART DID THE STRIPES. I ALSO CLEARED THE SIDE STRIPES. I AM ACTUALLY INSTALLING THE PAXTON THIS WEEK, HOPE ALL GOES WELL.

Any news on the Paxton yet? Thanks. Jim

Archived