TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Toronto Shelby-First drive!!!

67shelb

Well, we had to wait a week as our 2007 Shelby sat in the showroom, but the wait was worth it. This car is smooth and fast!. The power comes on nice and strong and the handling is excellent. Interestingly, the computer on the 2007 Shelby is set up like the Ford GT in that the first 5 consecutive miles the engine is restricted. This stops "car jockeys" from blasting the car down the ramps, etc.

Another interesting feature is that the 2007 Shelbys have tire pressure indicators in each wheel! All four of our wheels were slightly scuffed in transportation and my dealer Donway Ford, would not accept delivering the car unless it was perfect. It was only on changing these tires that we noticed the tire pressure bands inside. Amazingly, this feature, found mostly on very expensive sports cars, is NOT mentioned anywhere in the 2007 Shelby manuals or sales materials.

Gentlemen you are going to be very impressed with your Shelbys. Please however be careful of any regular Mustang coming your way. They tend to swerve in your direction in surprise!

Well, we had to wait a week as our 2007 Shelby sat in the showroom, but the wait was worth it. This car is smooth and fast!. The power comes on nice and strong and the handling is excellent. Interestingly, the computer on the 2007 Shelby is set up like the Ford GT in that the first 5 consecutive miles the engine is restricted. This stops "car jockeys" from blasting the car down the ramps, etc.

Another interesting feature is that the 2007 Shelbys have tire pressure indicators in each wheel! All four of our wheels were slightly scuffed in transportation and my dealer Donway Ford, would not accept delivering the car unless it was perfect. It was only on changing these tires that we noticed the tire pressure bands inside. Amazingly, this feature, found mostly on very expensive sports cars, is NOT mentioned anywhere in the 2007 Shelby manuals or sales materials.

Gentlemen you are going to be very impressed with your Shelbys. Please however be careful of any regular Mustang coming your way. They tend to swerve in your direction in surprise!

Thanks for the info BE CAREFUL out there. Could you further explain what a pressure tire band is & how does it work ? Thanks

Jim

Congrats David. Did you see my car there anywhere? I'm in Honolulu Hawaii right now and I've got serious PSDS.

Paul did you also order White with Blue Stripes....if so I think there is another one in the Showroom, I wonder if thats not the same as the one that was there but if I saw posted correctly he took his home. I'm confused...could be your car.

Barry

Paul did you also order White with Blue Stripes....if so I think there is another one in the Showroom, I wonder if thats not the same as the one that was there but if I saw posted correctly he took his home. I'm confused...could be your car.

Barry

Paul, that is YOUR Shelby in the showroom, Larry called me yesterday to let me know. Mine is now out on the streets of Toronto confusing Vettes and Porsches!

I placed our 1967 Shelby GT500 right beside our 2007 yesterday and took a lot of photos which I will download tomorrow. The '07 is slightly overall bigger than the '67 but not as much as I originally thought.

Congrats David. Did you see my car there anywhere? I'm in Honolulu Hawaii right now and I've got serious PSDS.

I was going to mention it on this site on Thursday when the car arrived (at 9pm, just as we were closing), but didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. I was planning on doing it first thing Friday morning, but, you know how things get. Anyway, I'm glad I stuck around Thursday, otherwise it would have sat outside with an F150 on a nightdrop. As it was, we got it in the shop asap and safe for the night. On the Friday, I took all the photos of the car, with all the stickers and tape still on it, so you'll have a keepsake. We put the car in the showroom Friday afternoon next to the GT, and left the plastic on the seats, and put all the window stickers away for you as well.

Look forward to seeing you when you get back. David came in today with the 07 and the 67, so we all got to see the two side by side - made for a great photo op.

I was going to mention it on this site on Thursday when the car arrived (at 9pm, just as we were closing), but didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. I was planning on doing it first thing Friday morning, but, you know how things get. Anyway, I'm glad I stuck around Thursday, otherwise it would have sat outside with an F150 on a nightdrop. As it was, we got it in the shop asap and safe for the night. On the Friday, I took all the photos of the car, with all the stickers and tape still on it, so you'll have a keepsake. We put the car in the showroom Friday afternoon next to the GT, and left the plastic on the seats, and put all the window stickers away for you as well.

Look forward to seeing you when you get back. David came in today with the 07 and the 67, so we all got to see the two side by side - made for a great photo op.

Thanks. My sister came in and took photos and sent them to me.

Guys I am going out of my mind while on this vacation. Thankfully I used Park 'n' Fly so on the way back from the Airport friday a detour to Donway is going to happen. :)

Guys I am going out of my mind while on this vacation. Thankfully I used Park 'n' Fly so on the way back from the Airport friday a detour to Donway is going to happen. :)

Went and Saw the Car Paul...looks smokin, kinda like Daves... :cry: ..getting a little vaclemped....

I would have canceled the vacation...its a shame letting a car like that sit for so long...I volunteer to pick it up on your behalf...Let me know where to park it and when...if I'm a few inutes late its on a count She's getting washed.

Safe Trip!

Cheers,

Barry

Almost forgot did you ask Larry to put the front plate bracket on I thought you were going to go without?

Cheers,

Barry

Marawder:

Any chance you might be able to post those photos?

Would be cool to see...

Mike.

Hi Mike,

This is Dave (67shelb). I posted 3 photos on the main GT500 Gathering Place location on this site about 3 days ago. Just go there and scrool down to listing "Stablemates-1967 & 2007 Shelby GT500s". The Toronto Star Wheels photographer was also there for some photos of the two cars together, should be in the Wheels section in next couple of weeks.

Marawder:

Would be cool to see...

Mike.

Unfortunately, the computer I use is fairly antiquated and doesn't have a port for the digital camera. When Larry gets back on Monday, maybe he'll be able to post them from his (as it is, I've never posted pics and wouldn't know how to anyway! :doh: . In the meantime, check out the ones done by Dave as mentioned, which are elsewhere on this site.

Marawder:

Would be cool to see...

Mike.

Mike, here's a few pics of my ride that I will finally see in person tomorrow night

Cheers,

Barry

Almost forgot did you ask Larry to put the front plate bracket on I thought you were going to go without?

Cheers,

Barry

Barry....you're trying to get me going aren't you?????? ;)

post-1973-1154672365_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1154672394_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1154672432_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1154672365_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1154672394_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1154672432_thumb.jpg

Mike, here's a few pics of my ride that I will finally see in person tomorrow night

Barry....you're trying to get me going aren't you?????? ;)

Busted :fan: ....Its not me I swear...Ive got it bad the PSDS is Killing me.

We're having the pool party tomorrow at the house call me if you can make it...btw you can only come if you bring the Shelby...there will be two Z06's and their owners, maybe you can help me rattle their cages!

Call me if you think you can make it, its a family affair so bring the kids party starts at 1:00 PM

Cheers,

Barry

Busted :fan: ....Its not me I swear...Ive got it bad the PSDS is Killing me.

We're having the pool party tomorrow at the house call me if you can make it...btw you can only come if you bring the Shelby...there will be two Z06's and their owners, maybe you can help me rattle their cages!

Call me if you think you can make it, its a family affair so bring the kids party starts at 1:00 PM

Cheers,

Barry

Hey thanks for the offer Barry but we didn't get in from Vancouver until 9pm. Maybe next time and we can park the cars side by each.

Hey thanks for the offer Barry but we didn't get in from Vancouver until 9pm. Maybe next time and we can park the cars side by each.

...Okay but are you sure you want to pull out your car in October? Mines likely to be going to sleep for the winter...or heading into Joe's for some mods and storage.

Hope your out their Driving!

Cheers,

Barry

Archived