TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Me TOO! Not a happy Hood Scoop Camper!!

66DNA

I feel the pain!

Not only is this my second scoop - once I receive the new one from SAI, I went and painted the stripe (as I was having my entire striping painted)....painting the scoop cost me $150.!

And look!

And the photos don't show the warping and imperfections that show. But I can literally fit a stack of 5 (counte em..FIVE) basketball cards under this thing!

So tell me....how is it that those of you with perfect hood scoops are receiving these wonderful "fixes" while my second scoop looks like junk?

I am in agreement: "Where is Mr. Shelby?" This is embarrassing.

EVERYONE points it out to me...as if I don't have to look at it every day myself!

AMY?

BUD?

Help!!!!

100_3290.jpg

100_3291.jpg

100_3294.jpg

100_3292.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the pain!

Not only is this my second scoop - once I receive the new one from SAI, I went and painted the stripe (as I was having my entire striping painted)....painting the scoop cost me $150.!

And look!

And the photos don't show the warping and imperfections that show. But I can literally fit a stack of 5 (counte em..FIVE) basketball cards under this thing!

So tell me....how is it that those of you with perfect hood scoops are receiving these wonderful "fixes" while my second scoop looks like junk?

I am in agreement: "Where is Mr. Shelby?" This is embarrassing.

EVERYONE points it out to me...as if I don't have to look at it every day myself!

AMY?

BUD?

Help!!!!

100_3290.jpg

100_3291.jpg

i don't understand why you guys with the scoop problems are not receiving the same one as the 08's have!I looked at an 08 the other day and the scoop was perfect!WTF!is the deal!

i don't understand why you guys with the scoop problems are not receiving the same one as the 08's have!I looked at an 08 the other day and the scoop was perfect!WTF!is the deal!

PERHAPS Amy and/or Bud will read these posts and OFFER to send an '08 Hood Scoop in the mail?

My address is:

[deleted as per friendly suggestion!] Amy or Bud: I've attempted to get this fixed in the past to no avail - now I'm asking/begging if you would finally fix this problem - mine and others - and permit us to be "proud" of this fine automobile.

I'll eagerly await a Hood Scoop that is "fitting" to a $40k (otherwise gorgeous) Car!!

Didn't you test fit the new scoop before installing??? :huh:

The scoop on my car is not perfect, but, you know what, I have other things to worry about.. B)

I really resent that remark. Of course it was "tested" by Shelby, and it was installed by a dealer. I am on my 3rd scoop. In fact, the 3rd scoop laid pretty flat..for about 500 miles. Please dont judge or make such comments unless you have been through what many of us have been through . To have to spend our time and ALOT of money on this car, this should be made right by now. AND..when we pay 40,000 for car, we shouldn't have to "test" it before "we" put it on. Sorry..but that rubbed me the wrong way..and I don't usually get upset on this board anymore..but that upset me

I have tried and tried to be quiet on this, but this is getting kind of crazy.

What I don't understand is if the 08's, as you say, are so perfect, why haven't they contacted us with the fix yet. I't not like we haven't contacted them.

Didn't you test fit the new scoop before installing??? :huh:

The scoop on my car is not perfect, but, you know what, I have other things to worry about.. B)

I too have other things to worry about friend.

This is one of them!

PS: Of course we test-fitted prior to painting the stripe and installing - but these things WARP. They expand and contract with temperature changes - but don't really go back to ever laying nice and flat.

Best of luck with all of the other things you have on your plate that worry you - sounds like you are a busy guy! Actually, I spend less time on this forum than I do worrying about my scoop.

PERHAPS Amy and/or Bud will read these posts and OFFER to send an '08 Hood Scoop in the mail?

My address is:

Todd SGTinBC

1288 Vernon Drive

Vancouver, BC

V6A 4C9

CANADA

I'll eagerly await a Hood Scoop that is "fitting" to a $40k (otherwise gorgeous) Car!!

The 08 scoop looks the same as ours,Only no mold irregularities And it seems to fit the hood like a glove.I really don't understand,Unless the method of attatchment is way different,Even at that they could give you guys some sort of fix,Even if it involved a hood change,Because it is not your problem!

yaawwwnnn....still waiting on the "official" scoop fix to be revealed...maybe SAI will tell us about it on the new, official Team Shelby site!!!!

The 08 scoop looks the same as ours,Only no mold irregularities And it seems to fit the hood like a glove.I really don't understand,Unless the method of attatchment is way different,Even at that they could give you guys some sort of fix,Even if it involved a hood change,Because it is not your problem!

Thanks "Freaky Smiley Face" LOL

Cool "smile"

Seriously though, I appreciate the comment/support. This is a real peeve and I just cannot believe that SAI would not be taking a more proactive approach to truly fixing the problem (with existing clients first, mind you!) and making us all HAPPY SHELBY OWNERS..and not frustrated ones.

Thanks

I really resent that remark. Of course it was "tested" by Shelby, and it was installed by a dealer. I am on my 3rd scoop. In fact, the 3rd scoop laid pretty flat..for about 500 miles. Please dont judge or make such comments unless you have been through what many of us have been through . To have to spend our time and ALOT of money on this car, this should be made right by now. AND..when we pay 40,000 for car, we shouldn't have to "test" it before "we" put it on. Sorry..but that rubbed me the wrong way..and I don't usually get upset on this board anymore..but that upset me

I have tried and tried to be quiet on this, but this is getting kind of crazy.

What I don't understand is if the 08's, as you say, are so perfect, why haven't they contacted us with the fix yet. I't not like we haven't contacted them.

Wow..woah.. wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers.. :unsure: I wasn't directing my reply towards you..

I was wondering why the scoop on his car fit improperly AFTER paint. I didn't realize that they warp/deform.. Mine has always held its shape regardless of weather conditions.

I understand the scoops are not perfect. The first thing my brother said when I brought the Shelby home was, "your hood scoop doesn't fit." :angry:

I understand these cars are expensive, and yes, the scoops should fit.. After seeing all of the issues on this board with hood scoop issues, I've decided to ignore the issue for the time being. I don't want ANYBODY touching my car unless it's absolutely necessary. I also don't any more holes drilled in my hood.

Sorry if my remarks rubbed you the wrong way..

Of course it was "tested" by Shelby, and it was installed by a dealer. I am on my 3rd scoop.

Forgot..

Why would they have let ANY of the cars leave their factory in the first place, unless the scoops were perfect??

Ok, picture time. :D

The driver's side of my scoop is horrible, while the passenger side is acceptable.

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

Yeah, dirty.. Hasn't been washed since Sunday.. :(

Your scoop looks pretty good! No wonder you are not complaining. Imagine having one that lifted nearly a quarter of an inch in some spots - looked terribly warped...and SAI had sent it to you as a replacement!

YIKES!

Ok, picture time. :D

The driver's side of my scoop is horrible, while the passenger side is acceptable.

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

Yeah, dirty.. Hasn't been washed since Sunday.. :(

Your scoop looks pretty good! No wonder you are not complaining. Imagine having one that lifted nearly a quarter of an inch in some spots - looked terribly warped...and SAI had sent it to you as a replacement!

YIKES!

Here is an '08 scoop at the local dealership:

Oct-2.jpg

Still slightly warped. :( Just held on with more fasteners.

Oh, I would be pi$$ed!!! :angry:

They owe all of you guys the GT-H hood.. No questions asked..

They're making up the cost too, now that they charge $1000 more for the Shelby Package <_< (I guess the new hood pins cost $1000 more to make??)

Here is an '08 scoop at the local dealership:

Oct-2.jpg

Still slightly warped. :( Just held on with more fasteners.

Oh, I would be pi$$ed!!! :angry:

They owe all of you guys the GT-H hood.. No questions asked..

They're making up the cost too, now that they charge $1000 more for the Shelby Package <_< (I guess the new hood pins cost $1000 more to make??)

Thanks for posting the pic of the 08! My opinion: SAI is using the wrong plastic composition or something. Even the 08 shows that the material is just too soft. Maybe they should have spent the extra money and stamped them out of aluminum? Hmmm...and idea for an after-market product to sell my fellow SGT owners

I've noticed that the grabber orange cars seem to come with 07 hood pins and funky scoops.Vista Blue cars have the very nice hood pins,And a MUCH BETTER looking scoop!What gives?

Well.....Grabber Orange with Silver?

Well.....Grabber Orange with Silver?

Yes,Mine is an 07 White car.The Grabber and silver cars must have been produced right before the Vista blue cars because they seem to have a lot of leftover 07 parts,Where the Blue cars have the better scoop and hood pins!

Yes,Mine is an 07 White car.The Grabber and silver cars must have been produced right before the Vista blue cars because they seem to have a lot of leftover 07 parts,Where the Blue cars have the better scoop and hood pins!

I'm just suprised no one has commented on my Lebron James basketball card! LOL

(used to show gap between hood and scoop in my photos)

:rolleyes:

Just think...............20 years from now they'll be saying " WOW a Shelby GT with an original warped hood scoop, you don't see those very often"! :D 4305__820x547_.jpg

Todd, Sorry to see the problem after paying to have the scoop painted. Was this scoop install done at a dealer or body shop? Is this the new riveted method or the old method?

Good luck, Dave

When I received my second Scoop from Bud, he sent along a set of screws for the very front of the Hood Scoop along with instructions for drilling, etc. At first, the hood scoop sat properly and looked pretty good (not perfect, but a big improvement from my first one) - then, as each day passed, more warping, etc. Out in the sun....warp, warp, warp....etc.

Just think...............20 years from now they'll be saying " WOW a Shelby GT with an original warped hood scoop, you don't see those very often"! :D post-1791-1147824362_thumb.jpg

Yeh! I can hear the converstations now...

"I think it's an 07. That was the year of the warped hood scoop. I think they discontinued the "hood scoop thing" after the '08 model year....."

LOL

Thanks for the compliments on my "other" Mustang! I sold my 67 coupe and my 67 Fury convertible and purchased this 68 GT over the summer! I love it.

Here are some more photos:

100_3129.jpg

100_3109.jpg

100_3123.jpg

100_3136.jpg

100_3128.jpg

100_3127.jpg

Archived