TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Me TOO! Not a happy Hood Scoop Camper!!

66DNA

Mine has fit pretty well thru the summer, but now with the weather getting colder, I have been watching the rear of my scoop (still the original) lifting higher. Today when I took it for a drive, I noticed the same thing with my stripes. Looks like the rear bottom edge of the scoop dug into them at some point in time. I was going to wait till spring before I did anything with mine to see how the rivet fix holds up in the cold over the winter, but am now afraid that doing so may damage the stripes even more as the scoop continues to migrate. Don't want one headache to lead to two, because if the scoop was sitting flush now, it looks like it would still cover the wrinkles in the stripe.

So does SAI know about the scoops messing up the stripes? If so, are they willing to fix it?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelsey,

I don't remember reading anywhere about anyone else having the problem with the stripes around the scoop. Perhaps everybody's stripes have some type of rub marks/small wrinkles from the scoops from just being bolted down against and rubbing them under the scoop. Mine are not by any means bad, may have even been there a while and just now seeing them because of the rear of the scoop lifting more than it ever has.

Kelsey,

I don't remember reading anywhere about anyone else having the problem with the stripes around the scoop. Perhaps everybody's stripes have some type of rub marks/small wrinkles from the scoops from just being bolted down against and rubbing them under the scoop. Mine are not by any means bad, may have even been there a while and just now seeing them because of the rear of the scoop lifting more than it ever has.

Mine have started to get some small rips in the stripes, so that is why I'm a little concerned. Don't want a small problem turning into a big one!

On second hood scoop, lifting and has ripples looked good in June when put on car has only 400 miles and not sure I want more holes in hood what is up with this sccop issue?, we continue to complain shelby puts work on fix, and the story continues, looked at 08 same problem just make a new scoop out of different material looked at Rousch scoop looked good.as with everyone else I paid good bucks for car expect decent fix what happens when warranty gone and problems still exists would be nice to have fix by spring as I have stored car for cold Wiscosin winter

OK here is the scoop so to speak on the scoop. First off the 07 and 08 scoop are the same. The difference is that they are rivoting down the scoops now instead of using the 6 or 8 screws from the backside that are as useless as t*ts on a bull. The procedure is to email or PM John..... johnw@shelbyautos.com and send him pics of your scoop. Let him know if your dealer has been working with his warranty group PCG Campbell. Give him your dealer info and service tech's name and phone number. They will send out a new scoop...same as the old one mind you...and the dealer will have the new one rivoted down. This is being done on a case b case basis because some dealers cant wipe their own a*s never mind use a rivot gun. So thats why there hasnt been some huge mailing to everyone and then the dealers that dont want to do it get all up in arms and we have a riot and police start shooting looters...seriously though :) Anyway those that are having issues still please follow this procedure and get them fixed. I myself havent done it yet because I have been busy but I am trying to work it to get done next week. If not I will wait until spring. I havent posted pics of mine but I can assure oyu that mine is worse than anything I have seen on here yet. And SGT in BS I think the biggest problem you have is the team and players on those cards ;)

Emailed John last week and copied the Service Manager at my dealer. Neither have responded. Not a good sign but I'm not really surprised either. Guess I'll have to be the squeaky wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

SAI promises Hood Scoop resolution.

Watch for something by December 3rd, 2007!!!!!

I have my new scoop sitting in a box at my house waiting for the final word. My dealer told me to hold onto it until I am ready to have it put on. Nice guy, and he is working with me. He wants it right just as much as I do.

I hope I don't have to eat my words.

I have been contacted by John Walker about my new hood scoop. It is being sent to my local dealer and they will take care of the install per SAI instructions.

Archived