TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Me TOO! Not a happy Hood Scoop Camper!!

66DNA

OK here is the scoop so to speak on the scoop. First off the 07 and 08 scoop are the same. The difference is that they are rivoting down the scoops now instead of using the 6 or 8 screws from the backside that are as useless as t*ts on a bull. The procedure is to email or PM John..... johnw@shelbyautos.com and send him pics of your scoop. Let him know if your dealer has been working with his warranty group PCG Campbell. Give him your dealer info and service tech's name and phone number. They will send out a new scoop...same as the old one mind you...and the dealer will have the new one rivoted down. This is being done on a case b case basis because some dealers cant wipe their own a*s never mind use a rivot gun. So thats why there hasnt been some huge mailing to everyone and then the dealers that dont want to do it get all up in arms and we have a riot and police start shooting looters...seriously though :) Anyway those that are having issues still please follow this procedure and get them fixed. I myself havent done it yet because I have been busy but I am trying to work it to get done next week. If not I will wait until spring. I havent posted pics of mine but I can assure oyu that mine is worse than anything I have seen on here yet. And SGT in BS I think the biggest problem you have is the team and players on those cards ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the compliments on my "other" Mustang! I sold my 67 coupe and my 67 Fury convertible and purchased this 68 GT over the summer! I love it.

Here are some more photos:

100_3129.jpg

100_3109.jpg

100_3123.jpg

100_3136.jpg

100_3128.jpg

100_3127.jpg

SCHWEEEEEET!

My car is #5236. I don't know if mine was converted before or after the "so called fix", but my scoop does fit pretty good. It does have a few small inconsistencies down the drivers side, but is straight on top. I'm leaving mine alone for now, and going to keep an eye on it. If it doesn't get any worse i'll leave it alone.

If these scoops aren't molded to the contour of the hood when they are attached they are going to be stressed out of shape a bit, and the problem is going to be a little hard to fix imo.

I looked at a Vista Blue 08 my dealer got in the other day and the scoop on it is terrible. It has a big dip in it that runs all the way across the top from side to side, about a fourth of the way from the front. They weren't happy about it.

Ok, picture time. :D

The driver's side of my scoop is horrible, while the passenger side is acceptable.

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

Yeah, dirty.. Hasn't been washed since Sunday.. :(

Dirty??

I just thought you had the custom dust-flake paint! :D Mine looks the same way-been too busy to wash it for the last 7-10 days

I'm just suprised no one has commented on my Lebron James basketball card! LOL

(used to show gap between hood and scoop in my photos)

:rolleyes:

You should have used an Adrian Peterson Vikings rookie football card-your scoop has more gaps than the Chicago Bears defense. :D sorry-I went there

I looked at a Vista Blue 08 my dealer got in the other day and the scoop on it is terrible. It has a big dip in it that runs all the way across the top from side to side, about a fourth of the way from the front. They weren't happy about it.

You are depressing me. :mellow:

I've only seen one Vista blue 08,And the scoop appearence and fit was so nice I nearly <bleep> myself.I figured they finally had it figured out!My 07 scoop fits ok,And the appearence of it has a depression across the top and one slifgtly down the driver side length.When I saw that one at the dealer I really thought you guys would be in luck,Because I swear to you it was perfect!

OK here is the scoop so to speak on the scoop. First off the 07 and 08 scoop are the same. The difference is that they are rivoting down the scoops now instead of using the 6 or 8 screws from the backside that are as useless as t*ts on a bull. The procedure is to email or PM John..... johnw@shelbyautos.com and send him pics of your scoop. Let him know if your dealer has been working with his warranty group PCG Campbell. Give him your dealer info and service tech's name and phone number. They will send out a new scoop...same as the old one mind you...and the dealer will have the new one rivoted down. This is being done on a case b case basis because some dealers cant wipe their own a*s never mind use a rivot gun. So thats why there hasnt been some huge mailing to everyone and then the dealers that dont want to do it get all up in arms and we have a riot and police start shooting looters...seriously though :) Anyway those that are having issues still please follow this procedure and get them fixed. I myself havent done it yet because I have been busy but I am trying to work it to get done next week. If not I will wait until spring. I havent posted pics of mine but I can assure oyu that mine is worse than anything I have seen on here yet. And SGT in BS I think the biggest problem you have is the team and players on those cards ;)

Webba: I'll give your procedure a try. I've been following the scoop issue for a while and this is the best summary I've seen. Wasn't sure if I should go to my dealer, call SAI, call Ford Performance, email SAI or what. It's a shame that a simple hood scoop, nonfunctional at that, could cause such emotion and problems. Here's pictures of my scoop. I dare say it's probably as bad as yours.

scoop1.jpg

scoop2.jpg

Webba: I'll give your procedure a try. I've been following the scoop issue for a while and this is the best summary I've seen. Wasn't sure if I should go to my dealer, call SAI, call Ford Performance, email SAI or what. It's a shame that a simple hood scoop, nonfunctional at that, could cause such emotion and problems. Here's pictures of my scoop. I dare say it's probably as bad as yours.

scoop1.jpg

scoop2.jpg

Thanks for sending photos! It is good to see other conditions - just so that I am reassured that I am not crazy!

Your photos are very clear - as is the scoop problem! My scoop would be about the same as yours.

Thanks

We'll just have to wait and see if SAI will truly solve this design flaw.

i don't understand why you guys with the scoop problems are not receiving the same one as the 08's have!I looked at an 08 the other day and the scoop was perfect!WTF!is the deal!

Am on my 3rd scoop ,, The new one is rivited to the hood ,temps from 85 to today 31 ,everything good for now, I took the car to the dearler, ,,they took pictures, sent them to Shelby, everything was done in less then 4 days , Good Luck STG B)

Wow Sue I stand corrected. I see yours is as bad as mine!LOL The 5 or so people I have seen on here that have gone through the procedure have had great results. John got right back to them and they were happy with the fix. Let us know how you guys make out :)

Sue and whoever is having this done I do want to make you aware that this fix will not make it perfect. IMO the scoop just isnt exactly the same contour of the car. You will probably still see a vertical crease on the outside sides edges of the scoop. This is from the scoop being pulled down at more of a radius than it was designed to fit the hood. BUT, from the scoops I have seen that had it I think it is totally acceptable. I would take one of these everday of the week over the regular GT scoop. It is still the best looking scoop out there and gives yo shivers when you see it. I just wanted to make you guys aware so you werent expecting perfection and then be disappointed afterwards. Do a search for the thread of Adam's car when he got it. There were some great pics of his scoop in there.

I didnt post pictures?? but I am waiting to hear back from John on the fix. I haven't initiated any more claims with my dealer yet, until I hear from John.

Mine is very similar to the pictures posted above.

I am in a big car show in 2 weeks, but it doesnt look like it will be done by then :(

In fact....I am sitting here debating if it's time to get the clay bar out ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyone wanna fly to Florida for the weekend and give me a hand????? :lol:

You can drive Ralph when he is done !! :lol:

Clay bar! ewwwwww!

Porter Cable and smooth cut all the way! :D

I'm going to wait and just have SAI do it when i go back for the S/C. Im just not going to trust the dealer to do it. seeing to many problems. I know the trip is not something most of you can do but, im only 3 1/2 hour drive away :) . How's the line looking bud??? :)

Thanks for sending photos! It is good to see other conditions - just so that I am reassured that I am not crazy!

Your photos are very clear - as is the scoop problem! My scoop would be about the same as yours.

Thanks

We'll just have to wait and see if SAI will truly solve this design flaw.

Thats bad, are your stripes spotted too?

Seeing a pattern here. Think I will order a SAI installed s/c from the mod shop just to make the wait longer for those that want to send their cars back to the mod shop for a s/c :D

Now AF that is what I have been waiting to here from you- Excellent decision, if your not just pulling our legs! When you have a factory SAI installed SuperCharger you have a car that ALL of us other Shelby owners wish we had. You will have a car that there will only be approx. 25 in the entire USA! All this for a few thousand dollars more, it is a NO BRAINER as far as I am concerned! I am very happy for you :)

Now AF that is what I have been waiting to here from you- Excellent decision, if your not just pulling our legs! When you have a factory SAI installed SuperCharger you have a car that ALL of us other Shelby owners wish we had. You will have a car that there will only be approx. 25 in the entire USA! All this for a few thousand dollars more, it is a NO BRAINER as far as I am concerned! I am very happy for you :)

Sorry, I am only kidding. Even I wanted to do the s/c, right now I simply don't have the funds to do it. I may look into a Tasca mod shop option down the road. I need to get my razors wheels first ;)

I never knew about the hood scoop issue until recently, went out today and mine is warped too. Also the stripes have started to wrinkle and it looks like they have torn a little under the seam of the scoop where it has come up a bit. Anyone else have this problem?

thanks

Kelsey

I had my stripes removed and a body shop paint them on for me. MUCH nicer, deeper, look when completed.

All the more reason that I have become more and more frustrated by the hood scoop issue! Since the hood scoop comes with a vinyl stripe down its middle, once I received my second scoop...I went ahead and had it painted (the black stripe down the middle) so that the car was perrrrfect.

Well, it was for about two days - then the warping and lifting and dimpling began all over again.

I asked SAI to send me about 20 screws (like the two that came with my second scoop to hold down the front) but my request was never fulfilled.

So I remain frustrated and don't feel like phoning SAI over and over again since I've already made my request - and it cost me $150. to get my second scoop painted and installed.

I think SAI should simply send me a new, painted SGT-H hood to replace my inferior situation! That sounds fair! ? ! ?

:P

I never knew about the hood scoop issue until recently, went out today and mine is warped too. Also the stripes have started to wrinkle and it looks like they have torn a little under the seam of the scoop where it has come up a bit. Anyone else have this problem?

thanks

Kelsey

Mine has fit pretty well thru the summer, but now with the weather getting colder, I have been watching the rear of my scoop (still the original) lifting higher. Today when I took it for a drive, I noticed the same thing with my stripes. Looks like the rear bottom edge of the scoop dug into them at some point in time. I was going to wait till spring before I did anything with mine to see how the rivet fix holds up in the cold over the winter, but am now afraid that doing so may damage the stripes even more as the scoop continues to migrate. Don't want one headache to lead to two, because if the scoop was sitting flush now, it looks like it would still cover the wrinkles in the stripe.

Archived