TEAM SHELBY FORUM

who's going to make the move?

07SHELBY GT

I really liked this place,OUR OWN PLACE!Where we could talk about our SGT's to other SGT owners.But since there is no way to avoid the move,Who's going to give it a try?

i have had an account there for awhile but never any Shelby Gt activity except for some typical banter, so i rarely went thier. I'm all for giving anything a chance so when the time comes , i will be over thier to see how it pans out.

Time will tell.......................

I will give it a trial period to see how it go's. I'm not forking over 50 bucks until i feel that its where i want to be. Its going to be up to the site and what happens thier if i stay thier or not. :)

i will remain positive.....

I am going to have to think long and hard about this. At the risk of sounding hard to get along with, I am not fond of the other sites because they suffer from the same thing every other site, other than this one, suffers from, i.e., rude, crude, and shallow folks who have no desire to really be a family of folks bound together by a pretty cool common denominator. They just want to make noise rather than advance the knowledge of the group. I'm dead serious -- I have never, ever, seen a Forum like this. Perhaps it was too good to be true. We take care of each other; when one of us gets out of line, he is corrected in a family way rather than the way you see on other Forums. It is hard to build a Forum like this. Apparently, it is not hard to "unbuild" it. Just my two cents. Jim

I am going to have to think long and hard about this. At the risk of sounding hard to get along with, I am not fond of the other sites because they suffer from the same thing every other site, other than this one, suffers from, i.e., rude, crude, and shallow folks who have no desire to really be a family of folks bound together by a pretty cool common denominator. They just want to make noise rather than advance the knowledge of the group. I'm dead serious -- I have never, ever, seen a Forum like this. Perhaps it was too good to be true. We take care of each other; when one of us gets out of line, he is corrected in a family way rather than the way you see on other Forums. It is hard to build a Forum like this. Apparently, it is not hard to "unbuild" it. Just my two cents. Jim

+1 again. I have written this +1 several times today.

i have had an account there for awhile but never any Shelby Gt activity except for some typical banter, so i rarely went thier. I'm all for giving anything a chance so when the time comes , i will be over thier to see how it pans out.

I will give it a trial period to see how it go's. I'm not forking over 50 bucks until i feel that its where i want to be. Its going to be up to the site and what happens thier if i stay thier or not. :)

Post in our SGT MAFIA bar thread if you like and see what happens.I'm in the same boat as you all are,Every time I mention Shelby GT,I would get some flack.That has never happened to me over there.Main reason I posted here was because this place was specific to our cars and problems.Kind of kept the riff raff out,You know the guys telling you how they could have bought an 07 Mustang and done the same stuff for less money,We have al heard that before.Usually it comes from people without a car!So far they have been alright,My first post in the bar thread told them that we will defend our cars at a moments notice!So look out!

I agree with you Ed. I am giving it a try. I want to know what we really get for the $50 before I do it. I mean, I see the list of things (shirts, magazine, incorrect key chain), but really there should be more than that. After paying for a Shelby GT, the forum should really be free to verified Owners I think.

Yeah.. saw that too. There are some posts saying that the SGT isn't worth $41k if the GT500 is only a couple thousand more. :angry:

blah blah blah - the reality is, GT500 Owners have paid $15 to $20 K more, and those that did weren't too smart to do so.

I do not like the 'merger' but I am accepting of it.

I was a member on Stangsunleashed before I was a member here. That was back when I was considering buying a GT500. The I found this forum. It wasn't that I was more comfortable here. It was that this was simply a more active Shelby GT community. If the end is unavoidable then I will go to stangsunleashed. I will try to give you some reasons.

1. Although there are a FEW Shelby GT haters on stangsunleashed it struck me as a much bigger problem on the mustangforums and TMS. For the most part I have always seen more people defending the Shelby GT then bashing it on stangsunleashed. I am not blind, I know it happens.

2. Robert and Sharon Lane seem like genuinely good people and seem to have good sources. They get new information about the Shelbys and other Mustangs. Also, I have gotten some items from them that I may not have gotten if I wasn't a stangsunleashed member. I received the brochure from the Detroit Auto show that had the Shelby GT in it and a Ford employee (I think) magazine with the Shelby GT also.

3. It is a more powerful site with more download capability and I see people doing all kinds of things that I can't figure out.

4. Lastly, I have said of SAAC before that the best way to change something is from the inside out. If get past our hurt feelings and move into the community we can all have some fun. Not just in the Shelby GT section but also in the much more active Off Topic forum.

I have added more then my two cents. If you like to give it a try come vist me and a few others in the Bar & Grille (not a big fan of the SGT Mafia) and park you a photo of your car in the parking lot thread.

I agree with you Ed. I am giving it a try. I want to know what we really get for the $50 before I do it. I mean, I see the list of things (shirts, magazine, incorrect key chain), but really there should be more than that. After paying for a Shelby GT, the forum should really be free to verified Owners I think.

I am pretty sure them $50 is for the Team Shelby Club not to use the stangsunleashed forum. I will go ask.

I do not like the 'merger' but I am accepting of it.

I was a member on Stangsunleashed before I was a member here. That was back when I was considering buying a GT500. The I found this forum. It wasn't that I was more comfortable here. It was that this was simply a more active Shelby GT community. If the end is unavoidable then I will go to stangsunleashed. I will try to give you some reasons.

1. Although there are a FEW Shelby GT haters on stangsunleashed it struck me as a much bigger problem on the mustangforums and TMS. For the most part I have always seen more people defending the Shelby GT then bashing it on stangsunleashed. I am not blind, I know it happens.

2. Robert and Sharon Lane seem like genuinely good people and seem to have good sources. They get new information about the Shelbys and other Mustangs. Also, I have gotten some items from them that I may not have gotten if I wasn't a stangsunleashed member. I received the brochure from the Detroit Auto show that had the Shelby GT in it and a Ford employee (I think) magazine with the Shelby GT also.

3. It is a more powerful site with more download capability and I see people doing all kinds of things that I can't figure out.

4. Lastly, I have said of SAAC before that the best way to change something is from the inside out. If get past our hurt feelings and move into the community we can all have some fun. Not just in the Shelby GT section but also in the much more active Off Topic forum.

I have added more then my two cents. If you like to give it a try come vist me and a few others in the Bar & Grille (not a big fan of the SGT Mafia) and park you a photo of your car in the parking lot thread.

I am pretty sure them $50 is for the Team Shelby Club not to use the stangsunleashed forum. I will go ask.

We can rename it,I was in a hurry to try and set up a place for us to try out the other side and mingle with the regulars.

oh no, don't on my account. It is simply prefrence.

You know socal...i have been watching and watching for you to slip up and type SGT...but you just won't do it !!!! :P :P :P :lol:

I am surprised because I have been doing a lot of typing the last two days. Actually I was refering to the Mafia part.

no im not changing !!!!! im staying right here till they close the site and when they do it was probably just to piss us all off !!! im not paying anything to learn or help others out with their Shelby !!! it should be free and on my free will next they will try to charge per post !!! i think who ever came up with this idea is just tring to get a bonus !!! someone give them there bonus and leave our forum alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

no im not changing !!!!! im staying right here till they close the site and when they do it was probably just to piss us all off !!! im not paying anything to learn or help others out with their Shelby !!! it should be free and on my free will next they will try to charge per post !!! i think who ever came up with this idea is just tring to get a bonus !!! someone give them there bonus and leave our forum alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think you only have to pay to join Team Shelby,Which apparently gets you into some exclusive parts of the site.They already said we have about two weeks,Not really happy either,But I guess business was business,What can we do but go?You don't have to pay just to use the sight.

Whoa there!

FACT CHECK IN AISLE THREE!!!!

no im not changing !!!!! im staying right here till they close the site and when they do it was probably just to piss us all off !!!

This is an upgrade of the current software more than anything else. We already have a GT500 area here just as it is over there. We can police things there, just as we did here, and just because that area was mostly GT500 people wasn't because they didn't want to support us but because we were all over here. All this doomsday stuff is silly, no one did this to piss people off! These boards are running on 2002/3 software it's time to change.

im not paying anything to learn or help others out with their Shelby !!! it should be free and on my free will next they will try to charge per post !!! i think who ever came up with this idea is just tring to get a bonus !!! someone give them there bonus and leave our forum alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

There is no fee to do what we have always done, ZERO, NONE, ZIPPO, ZILCH, the only fee is if you choose to join the new club and at $50 when you bought a $40K car, I'm sorry but I don't understand the issue. But again there is NO FEE, NO COST, to just continue to do what we're doing.

In the end, if you choose not to post there, we'll all loose out. You from helping build something we can all be proud of, and us from getting your perspective, ideas, and comments and that would be unfortunate.

I'm already at both sites...so I guess I'm there one way or another. I enjoy our forum too much to just stop and let it end. I'm not an active poster here but I believe I have read nearly every post made on the SAI forum...the good, bad, and ugly....and it has been busy here lately. That being said...I will have to see a lot of improvements in SU content for SGTs before I believe this is really a good thing. No doubt we will be drowned out over there by a army of non SGT owners and the jury is out on the $50 membership until I see more value. I just hate the way this was handled. Sad results for a great company that I really try to love.

Heck, why did SU list SGT as only supercharged? I just don't think they get us yet. My car is not even listed? Very few of us have SGT S/C. Why would they single out SGT S/C and not include non S/C SGT? It's silly but shows that they don't even understand the audience they are inviting. Weird. Just weird.

as per there site...

StangsUnleashed links all of those enthusiasts into one “dream garage” populated with Super Snakes, Hertz cars, supercharged Shelby GT’s, Mustang GT’s with Shelby aftermarket parts, Cobra’s, Series 1’s, GLH’s, Vipers and GT500’s.

I have been a member at SU and at TMS. TMS is where I used to go fanatically until I found out about this site. Now I hardly go to any of the other ones. It started out as a love and pasion for the cars and blossomed into the cars and the poeple on the site. Even the ones I butt heads with at times.LOL :) I will go relucatantly but I already foresee my visits cutting back. I just continually feels like our passion for this thing gets sidetracked or snubbed. I know, before someone at SAI responds, that this isnt your intention but it is what it is as they say. I cant help the way I feel just as much as you guys cant help making changes that irritate us the Shelby loving fans. Kidding but not. I just was hoping that I would come into work today and find out that this whole thing was a stunt and things were going back to what they were. Kind of like "New Coke" and then they changed it back to old. A man can dream cant he??!

i have kinda moved over. i dont go over there near as much as i come here, but since i was there and i am a car salesman i posted in there SGTs for sale. got 2 response. first was sounds like a good deal the second was another dealer that seemed like a nice guy. i checked this morning to see if any more responses. the dealer guy bumped his post above mine ( really the smart thing to do, not upset at all about that), but after he bumped it the SGT GT500 comparsions started up. " thats almost the same sticker as my GT500". i have a GT500 on order, but i still really love the SGTs. why do MOST (not all of them, grabber and supersnake seem like great guys) think that the car world revolves around there GT500 and i would bet that most of them paid why over sticker for there cars. so comparing MSRPs on these cars isnt fair anyways.

im done venting. i hope yall have a great day.

michael morris

If the mild mannered MM has issues, I guess I am toast. :lol:

i really dont have issue. i just want the SGTs guys to come on over and try it out. folks dont learn anything unless they are taught. they feel the they do because NO one has educated them on the SGT. they only look at HP numbers. more HP we must be better. well there is NO one there to set them straight. HP is not always the best thing. i guess that was my point, we have to except that we HAVE to move. im OK with this, but i expect ALL of yall to come with me. when i first came on here i had to agrue almost everyday about ADMs on GT500s. i dont know if i every won that but at least i got to let others no MY side. now its time to pack our bags, change address and start educating the uneducated.

i have extra boxes if anyone needs them. please mark them so we know what room to put them in

michael morris

i really dont have issue. i just want the SGTs guys to come on over and try it out. folks dont learn anything unless they are taught. they feel the they do because NO one has educated them on the SGT. they only look at HP numbers. more HP we must be better. well there is NO one there to set them straight. HP is not always the best thing. i guess that was my point, we have to except that we HAVE to move. im OK with this, but i expect ALL of yall to come with me. when i first came on here i had to agrue almost everyday about ADMs on GT500s. i dont know if i every won that but at least i got to let others no MY side. now its time to pack our bags, change address and start educating the uneducated.

i have extra boxes if anyone needs them. please mark them so we know what room to put them in

michael morris

Good point MM, you perserveered, and now are one of our most favored sons, a lesson I guess we will all need take sometimes.

Guys, why dont we wait and see, this forum will become the GT forum as it is better then the other one. There is no sense worrying or threatening, until we all see how it pans out

amy

Guys, why dont we wait and see, this forum will become the GT forum as it is better then the other one. There is no sense worrying or threatening, until we all see how it pans out

amy

hey Miss Amy i hope SEMA is going well. i think everyone on here is going to be fine. folks just dont like change. most have started posting a few things in the SGT forum over there. we are just waiting for everything to transfer so that the SGT has as many post as thier GT500.

michael morris

Archived