TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Damage on Delivery

jrichard

Congrats to all who have received their GT500s! What an exciting time!

I've notice a number have reported minor damage on delivery. How is this handled when one is buying from a dealer that is too far to visit for repairs? Normally when I buy a car, it is local and I get a "Due Bill" for anything that needs to be fixed at the time of delivery. Then, usually on the car's first service, the Due Bill items get fixed (I usually give the selling dealer my service business...at least for the warranty period...assuming the service is good).

Do all Ford dealers have to honor a Due Bill and make repairs to the car or do I have to get it back to the original selling dealer?

Congrats to all who have received their GT500s! What an exciting time!

I've notice a number have reported minor damage on delivery. How is this handled when one is buying from a dealer that is too far to visit for repairs? Normally when I buy a car, it is local and I get a "Due Bill" for anything that needs to be fixed at the time of delivery. Then, usually on the car's first service, the Due Bill items get fixed (I usually give the selling dealer my service business...at least for the warranty period...assuming the service is good).

Do all Ford dealers have to honor a Due Bill and make repairs to the car or do I have to get it back to the original selling dealer?

My understanding on Due Bills they are Dealer specific, meaning that Dealer that issues it, fixes it.

Archived