TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SAI & Hertz material

GT2NV

Now I’m good to go. Just received my material from Shelby.

See attached material from Hertz and now Shelby.

Sorry ,,,

Not enough space for the Hertz material picture

Sorry ,,,

Not enough space for the Hertz material picture

So do I understand this correctly? The retail buyer of the GT-H after its life in rental service gets this above pictured kit from either Shelby or Ford? If that is the case then the GT-H cars I am looking at for sale that have a numbered plaque already mounted between the A/C vents means someone has registered the car as the first post rental life owner? I would have guessed the plaque's would have been mounted between the air vents by Shelby and would have been in place during its rental life.....

So do I understand this correctly? The retail buyer of the GT-H after its life in rental service gets this above pictured kit from either Shelby or Ford? If that is the case then the GT-H cars I am looking at for sale that have a numbered plaque already mounted between the A/C vents means someone has registered the car as the first post rental life owner? I would have guessed the plaque's would have been mounted between the air vents by Shelby and would have been in place during its rental life.....

If the cars already have the METAL plaque on the dash then they have already been registered with shelby.some dealers are taking it upon themselfs to register the cars.this would make me very upset and I would not buy the car.all of the rentals received a temperary sticker on the dash thats identical to the metal one that you will get when you register it with shelby.

If the cars already have the METAL plaque on the dash then they have already been registered with shelby.some dealers are taking it upon themselfs to register the cars.this would make me very upset and I would not buy the car.all of the rentals received a temperary sticker on the dash thats identical to the metal one that you will get when you register it with shelby.

DLGT,

The Shelby dash plaque is not metal, it is a kind of plastic, but it is placed in the same location as the Hertz temporary ( clear plastic) dash plaque after removing the Hertz plaque. You are correct, only the first owners are awarded the official Shelby factory dash plaque, Shelby metal key tag with car serial#, 40th anniversary plaque, and personal owenrship certificate. If you don't get these items from Shelby, you are not the first owner of record after Hertz Corp.

TomG

Owner

DLGT,

The Shelby dash plaque is not metal, it is a kind of plastic, but it is placed in the same location as the Hertz temporary ( clear plastic) dash plaque after removing the Hertz plaque. You are correct, only the first owners are awarded the official Shelby factory dash plaque, Shelby metal key tag with car serial#, 40th anniversary plaque, and personal owenrship certificate. If you don't get these items from Shelby, you are not the first owner of record after Hertz Corp.

TomG

Owner

Since you are the owner of 4 cars, I can only conclude that you are very confident of what the prices of these cars are going to do over the coming years. I have owned a couple of Shelbys over the years and certainly benefited not only from owning/driving but also in huge price appreciations. Where do you see the prices going in the next 5 years??? (owner of #406 in MD)

Since you are the owner of 4 cars, I can only conclude that you are very confident of what the prices of these cars are going to do over the coming years. I have owned a couple of Shelbys over the years and certainly benefited not only from owning/driving but also in huge price appreciations. Where do you see the prices going in the next 5 years??? (owner of #406 in MD)

Hi DLGT,

Well,I have no inside track on pricing. I do think at the current prices these great Shelby products are beyond comparison. The guys at the Shelby factory are great to their car owners (and others also) and they really go out of their way to make owning one a a good blend of driving vs racing.

Beauty,performance,attitude, and low production numbers with a great name behind it sure sounds like a winning combination. I think once the 500 cars are gone ( 15 have been destroyed, Shelby probably has a few, and Ford probably has a few, leaving only about 475 or so available for consumption) there will still be a good resale market. I bought my cars to have fun with, drive hard and shine some, and if they don't go up a dime in price I'm ok with that. If you keep it for five or ten years,and have a ton of fun with it, then sell for what you payed for it, and all along met some fun folks you are way ahead of the average car buyer. Besides my previous Shelby, GT 350H 6S671 is now worth 150K.

TomG

Hi DLGT,

Well,I have no inside track on pricing. I do think at the current prices these great Shelby products are beyond comparison. The guys at the Shelby factory are great to their car owners (and others also) and they really go out of their way to make owning one a a good blend of driving vs racing.

Beauty,performance,attitude, and low production numbers with a great name behind it sure sounds like a winning combination. I think once the 500 cars are gone ( 15 have been destroyed, Shelby probably has a few, and Ford probably has a few, leaving only about 475 or so available for consumption) there will still be a good resale market. I bought my cars to have fun with, drive hard and shine some, and if they don't go up a dime in price I'm ok with that. If you keep it for five or ten years,and have a ton of fun with it, then sell for what you payed for it, and all along met some fun folks you are way ahead of the average car buyer. Besides my previous Shelby, GT 350H 6S671 is now worth 150K.

TomG

Hi Tom!

I trust you had an enjoyable trip back to Dallas in your GT-H. It was great to meet & chat with you at the Shelby factory. The photo opportunity was good as well! (I tried attaching a pic without success). Glad to see you purchased the additional 3 cars you talked about. Cheers,

Neil

GT2NV or those that have received their Hertz materials from Shelby,

What is the certificate in the top-left of the picture at the top of this thread?

I received everything else in my folder except that. From the photo it appears to be some sort of "Shelby Automobiles" certificate, but I can't tell.

Help please?

Actually this item is a brochure for an autographed print that you can order. It comes signed by Shelby and includes a commemorative plate that you can get your CSM number & name included. It is a print of a GT-H alongside of an original 66 Hertz car. Cost is $599 plus shipping. More info and pics at www.shelbyartehouse.com. I hope this helps - let me know if you need any more info.

Actually this item is a brochure for an autographed print that you can order. It comes signed by Shelby and includes a commemorative plate that you can get your CSM number & name included. It is a print of a GT-H alongside of an original 66 Hertz car. Cost is $599 plus shipping. More info and pics at www.shelbyartehouse.com. I hope this helps - let me know if you need any more info.

Yes,

You are correct.

GT2NV

Yes,

You are correct.

GT2NV

Yes,

You are correct.

GT2NV

Yes,

You are correct.

GT2NV

• 2 weeks later...

DLGT,

TomG

Owner

tom i just purchased 209 how do i get a hold of steve at hertz to get any information thanks gene

tom i just purchased 209 how do i get a hold of steve at hertz to get any information thanks gene

Tom, see 40th Anniversary thread. I included Steve's email for HERTZ info.

What state is 209? Last I had was in Montana, possibly wrecked. This may be bad info.

Thanks

What state is 209? Last I had was in Montana, possibly wrecked. This may be bad info.

Thanks

This reply is actually for Gene, sorry Tom

SEVERAL many more packages will hit the mail on Monday. They are packaged and ready to go!-John

hey john did you guys get #398 in the mail???

I registered over a month ago and left a email but no answer.

I hope I get a packet thats going to be the difference in a few years between the well documented cars and the ones that had 2-3 owners thats didnt get all the docs.

sorry for the impatient reply I am anxious to get the packet :D

Yes,

You are correct.

GT2NV

Yes,

You are correct.

GT2NV

Got my package from Hertz. All the same items with one addition. I also got a 7x7 sheet of stickers:

1-2x6 VIN sticker,

1-.5x6 VIN sticker,

1-2x4.5 sticker with a VIN and copy that reads-

FLAT ROCK 001504 NA 6D071 W

CK24

HERTZRAC - LAS VEGAS 88 066

MCCARREN AIRPORT

LAS VEGAS NV 98111

and the last one is 1x3 tall with a large K and CK24 under that.

I'm still waiting on my Shelby package.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

This reply is actually for Gene, sorry Tom

don't get on the board much. i purchased 209 in springfield mo. oklahoma is now her home of record, they told me she was in a fender-bender august 2007 in reno. possible rented and taken to car show hot reno nights?? had them ford certify the car for the 6yr 75000 mile powertrain. and i am pleased with her. got all my information from shelby and hertz. thank you guys for information.

Archived