TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SN197 Owners Association and Shelby team up!

RogerS

In all reality, we are all coming to this site & bringing our most up to date forum software. This site will stay up & running it's just getting bigger, all of SU threads will move over here & when you & I log into SU or SAI forums, it should read team shelby on the main page. Does that make you feel better?

That is a very true statement. This is exactly what Amy told me. :)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I dislike this change let me try to clarify something as I understand it.

You do not have to pay a fee and join the Team Shelby club to use the forum. There are plenty of stangsunleashed forum members who are not a member of the S197OA. If you want the benefits of the club then you will have to pay.

Adam,

Since you seem to be more involved with SAAC then I am and had inside knowledge of Team Shelby do you have any feedback from SAAC?

I have no idea what the relationship is between SAAC, Team Shelby, SAI or Shelby himself. I only assume and hope they are all joined at the hips.

No advanced info on the Team Shelby. Just heard rumors but nothing concrete. I was awaiting this info just as the rest of us once that other post started about starting a new club. I am, however, awaiting that Shelby Birthday Party - Grabber/Robert/Sharon, sign me up!

In all reality, we are all coming to this site & bringing our most up to date forum software. This site will stay up & running it's just getting bigger, all of SU threads will move over here & when you & I log into SU or SAI forums, it should read team shelby on the main page. Does that make you feel better?

No-I want to grieve. Time heals all wounds.

I will give it a try. I dont know if you are being sarcastic or not CW and I dont know you but as I said before if we have to explain why some are upset then you just dont get what we had here as a community and there is no sense in doing so. We are all uptight and need to cool down so I guess you are in the same boat and irritated. Just try and remember it is our home that was torn down so to speak. To trivialize how some are feeling isnt a great way to smooth it over.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, sorry if it came off that way.

I'm trying to help with this partnership (Not Ownership as Bud stated) even though I have spent most of my time over there at SU. I get along with mostly postive folks, the negative ones I try to explain things to, it doesn't always work, but I do try to keep an open mind. In the past I have worked with Robert, Amy & Bud long enough to know that none of us want you to go, even Mr. Wicked. We are here to help when ever we can. I have helped 100's if not a 1,000 folks track there GT500's thru AAI & Grabber can help track vehicles on the rail. We all work as a TEAM. We help each other when ever we can, even fund raising to fight cancer. We might not always agree on the others view, but we still get along without insultiung the other person.

guys I am on my phone at sema.

But this is not the s197 becoming the the club, its about a structured club enviornment joining with us to make on overall Shelby club. We want to deliver more to our members and owners and friends. Give us a day I'd 2 to get it all situated. This forum won't go away and neither will the other, we will join them to make them beter.please keep an open mind, I will post more tomorrow

Amy

Os this has nothing to do with saac. Carroll wanted a home run by Shelby for all . And that's what we are doing . All saac members are welcome.

I'll give the new site a try. This site always gave me the feeling of a Shelby Owners site Only. I've read thru some posts on the new site and they just seem like a bunch of kids. I'll give it a try though. Thanx to everyone for helping me with my stripe issue (Help the rain lifted my stipes).

I'll give the new site a try. This site always gave me the feeling of a Shelby Owners site Only. I've read thru some posts on the new site and they just seem like a bunch of kids. I'll give it a try though. Thanx to everyone for helping me with my stripe issue (Help the rain lifted my stipes).

I think a lot of those members are going thru a mid-life crisis & reliving their childhood with their cars, that's why they act like kids.

Guys, I am not understanding why this topic turned into a negative?

First off, there was no "buy out", this is a merge.

Secondly, these forums are all here for one reason, information. There are no fees. No stipulations. Just join.

This merger's full intent is to get us ALL on the same information hiway. I, myself, do not have time to visit the other boards. Hell, I hardly have time to get on OUR boards here at SAI. With this merger, we will have one central location for all current Shelby owners, future Shelby owners, and past Shelby owners to get together and share stories, technical information and even toss in a little constructive criticism for good measure. And we do listen to the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. ;)

SAI's forums are not going by the wayside. We will still be here. And, yes, the President of Shelby Automobiles will still answer any questions you have. Where else are you going to get this?

This new Club is going to be one for the records. Like Amy stated, Mr. Shelby wanted a homerun, and this one has been hit DEEP over center field.

The SAAC group is an independant group. They will continue to do what they do, which is outstanding. Their registry, I imagine, will continue to go on like it always has. There will be no dis-association.

Team Shelby will be able to offer the latest and greatest of everything. There will be no other automotive public forum that will come close to what we will have to offer. As you can see from the other posts in this thread, there are already events planned! This is going to be HUGE!

Thanks for the read!

A Proud Member of Team Shelby,

John

to quote the legend himself..... "This is MY club and we're going to have some real fun.....Shelby style!" Carroll Shelby

So what part of this don't you understand Mr. Wicked? This is what Carroll Wants! If you don't like what he wants, then I guess you’ll have to find another place to chat about your car, but like Grabber & I have said...we welcome all of you & your cars.

IMO the Shelby Series 1, GT500, GT350, Shelby GT, GT-H, C6, C8, AC Cobra, Shelby Viper & the rest of the cars he has help make all have a place in this partnership, it's not about you wanting respect for your car, or whose car is better or more expensive, or who is struggling to make a payment or whose an elitist, it's about the love & appreciation of fine Shelby Automobiles new & old.

They are thinking of doing something very similar to this. Good example! :)

There is a lot of "hard selling" going here as I mentioned before. It is like I am at a Dealership and thinking about leaving. Then they take my keys away and force themsleves on me and my family! That is EXACTLY what this feels like. I personally like anything that say's Shelby but being forced into it ridiculous. Sorry but that is EXACTLY the way it seems. "Either play our way or get out of here". That is just not the right way to do business and keep faithful & paying customers. B)

Better hurry to Michigan, it's going into storage before winter comes

I am just now getting on the road,See you tonight.Been wanting to try out a GT500,Thanks for the formal invite!Let's say about 8pm. :D

No one is being forced into anything.

You will not be going to Stangs Unleashed, you will be going to Team Shelby. Why the confusion?

-John

John- If you say it is a class act then I will take your word for it as I know you would never knowingly take the crebility or integrity of Shelby into a bad venture. Lets see it and roll with it. WOW that was easy just took SAI and NOT a salesman to get it done. B)

Thanks John-

You all will be impressed. I know that I am. Team Shelby is going in the direction that it needs to be. To the TOP. -John

I already am! The backend software is soooooo much better much more robust. I created a cool widget, if you have a Mac, that keeps you updated on the goings on without having to bring the site up! Any good Windows guys here?

The club, which to me is an entirely different issue, will be cool if we all participate in the formation and make suggestions etc. Sure would make life easier for those of us wanting to have local events and group participation in local shows. I'm usually either the only Shelby or one of two or three. We need better turnout!

Let's move the discussion to ideas shall we!?!?

I already am! The backend software is soooooo much better much more robust. I created a cool widget, if you have a Mac, that keeps you updated on the goings on without having to bring the site up! Any good Windows guys here?

The club, which to me is an entirely different issue, will be cool if we all participate in the formation and make suggestions etc. Sure would make life easier for those of us wanting to have local events and group participation in local shows. I'm usually either the only Shelby or one of two or three. We need better turnout!

Matt,

Can you send me the widget? Let me know and I will give you my e-mail.

Jayson

...yeah but Matt the key chain I was sent was the tiffany Cobra. :P LMAO

I guess my sales skills suck. I guess that's why I am a carpenter. Going pack to pounding nails now! :D

Grabber,

No offense to you or CW but I think what is eating at most people on here is the timing. We were just fine right here in our little SGT hideout all by ourselves. Then one day you show up and start posting and the next thing we know you and CW promoting the heck out of Stangs Unleashed. I don't think anyone is against you guys but the timing could have been better and the promoting and cheerleading was a little over the top.

Archived