TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SN197 Owners Association and Shelby team up!

RogerS

Guys, those that want to...I'm sure we could just start our own forum somewhere else. Everyone can use Team Shelby, but at the same time if you just want a place to "get away", we could just use yahoo groups or msn groups, for example.

For example ... check this out...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/shelbygt/

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone can join Team Shelby on line for only $49.95 and receive benefits including:

• First news on all of the products and vehicles coming out of Shelby

• Exclusive access to members only areas of the Club web site

• Quarterly club publication

• Official Team Shelby T-shirt

• Two official club decals

• Shelby Commemorative magazine

Shelby Key chain

• Two official membership cards

• Shelby Performance Parts catalog and discount on all parts

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/teamshelby

Hey Grabber,

Sorry to keep whining about the change and everything, but about the "Shelby Key chain"; is it a GT500 key chain or something that applies to all Shelby's (ie. GT's as well)? The sign up page says, "Free Shelby GT500 gas cap keychain (Ford # S69006)"

I know that everyone has good intentions for this transition over to StangsUnleashed/Team Shelby. I think that the moderators over there need to make sure that the Shelby GT owners have over there what exists on this site. I'm speaking to the attacks and making sure the posts are in the appropriate sections (GT500 threads in the GT section).

... IMHO.

Where do the CS6/8 guys go? I don't see an area for them in the new forums and no discussion of any move in there.

Why do GT500 owners need forums by year? Doesn't that make it harder to talk about the many things common? There really isn't any difference so I'm not getting why this is a good thing. I hope we don't do that.

Details to follow.... why does this seem familiar? Hmmmm

Yeah, there is a tendency to announce early and work the details out later. I really wish that wasn't the case.

I cant wait to have these discussions!

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=12012

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6216

The second one the guy owns a GT500 and an SGT and gives his honest opinion. Then it starts turning into a sh*t fest and I stopped reading. I am now more excited than ever to further the brotherhood/sisterhood of Shelby and mustangs.......

If you were a member of the S197 ShelbyOA, then you are in the club already. Everyone will automatically receive new members cards (same member number) and a new STATIC window stickers. For a small charge, you will receive a new shirt, a 152 page limited edition, collectible Shelby book (the last one was made 15 years ago - this is another one-off) and some other items that will announce soon. Shelby GT/GT-H owners who have joined the club and are waiting on the new shirts. They will start mailing those out within 2 weeks.

Here's the link on how to sign up:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...subs&CODE=index

Grabber,

I,m already a member of the S197SOA and SU, I assume the new cards and window sticker will be mailed when available but when will I be notified about the new shirt and book ? I assume they will email all current members and ask if they want these items and give us an address to pay. I'm still waiting for my Shelby GT shirt and keychain from when I joined the original club. :)

I'd get Mr Shelby a present but i'm not invited to his b-day !!! and i'm not signing up for a new forum when i like this one nor will i be blackmaled by getting to come to the party !!! i bought a Shelby because i always wanted one growing up , i signed up here on the Shelby forum to learn more about them and to help others with them , I shouldnt have to pay to help other people who have questions on there Shelbys or pay to get a answer !!! so i guess that when this site goes down i'll say good by to all of you who have helped me , i ve had almost as much fun talking with all u as i did driving my Shelby ,,,, bye bye! :(

+1

Guys, those that want to...I'm sure we could just start our own forum somewhere else. Everyone can use Team Shelby, but at the same time if you just want a place to "get away", we could just use yahoo groups or msn groups, for example.

For example ... check this out...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/shelbygt/

Back some time ago I believe it was GTHERO that started a SGT club site, I don't believe many use it any more. I check it from time to time but doesn't seem to get much action.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.sgtclub.com/

Back some time ago I believe it was GTHERO that started a SGT club site, I don't believe many use it any more. I check it from time to time but doesn't seem to get much action.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.sgtclub.com/

I was wondering where GTHero has been lately. I havemnt seen him on much since the Tasca show. I know he has college stuff going on but I hope everything is OK. He is a great guy for those that havent had the pleasure of talking with him.

I was reflecting how SAI getting involved in an officially sanctioned Shelby club is a good thing for business. It is a smart move for them to have an outlet where they can directly communicate with their faithful owners. It builds brand loyalty, company image and gives owners a way to mix with people from all walks of life that just love Shelbys.

Harley-Davidson has one of the most successful company club's called HOG (Harley Owner's Group) that is an excellent marketing and research tool for Harley in trying out new ideas and keeping in touch with it's members. They have local Chapters that charity fund raise and support the hobby and lifestyle of the Harley rider. Benefits include discounts, event insurance and local/national events etc..

I am on their rider research group that takes feedback from members about upcoming products and ideas that they are thinking about. We are sent a questionnaire once a month about certain programs and asked specific questions about items we have purchased. It is an honor to participate in that group since many of the new bike ideas and accesories come directly from that group.

A 1 year HOG membership is given Free to any new Harley owner when he or she buys a bike so they can experience the lifestyle and participate in the HOG sponsored events.

It would be a good thing to see Team Shelby approach the level of organization and participation that Harley-Davidson enjoys although that would mean a lot of hard work by SAI as well as members who donate their time and efforts. Lets’ see what happens. It is a beginning.

Many here have been dishing me a ton of "tude", so Don't tell me about tude.

I am not your enemy.

No actually most of the posts I read excuse you for being the sacrificial messenger.

If that still rubs you the wrong way -tough....talk to the people that put you in that position, we didnt ask for this or you. You took it on willing.

So while you get to be the one who relays this info to us, and some people, respectfully vocalize their dissatisfaction with the news, if you dont like it .....TOUGH.

Unless you somehow enjoy the fact that we are all being forced into GT500 BIASED site, understand that isnt what we wanted and be more compassionate.

I was wondering where GTHero has been lately. I havemnt seen him on much since the Tasca show. I know he has college stuff going on but I hope everything is OK. He is a great guy for those that havent had the pleasure of talking with him.

I's sure it's class workload Terry.

No actually most of the posts I read excuse you for being the sacrificial messenger.

If that still rubs you the wrong way -tough....talk to the people that put you in that position, we didnt ask for this or you. You took it on willing.

So while you get to be the one who relays this info to us, and some people, respectfully vocalize their dissatisfaction with the news, if you dont like it .....TOUGH.

Unless you somehow enjoy the fact that we are all being forced into GT500 BIASED site, understand that isnt what we wanted and be more compassionate.

As Burns would say to Smithers...EXXXCELLENT!

to quote the legend himself..... "This is MY club and we're going to have some real fun.....Shelby style!" Carroll Shelby

So what part of this don't you understand Mr. Wicked? This is what Carroll Wants! If you don't like what he wants, then I guess you’ll have to find another place to chat about your car, but like Grabber & I have said...we welcome all of you & your cars.

IMO the Shelby Series 1, GT500, GT350, Shelby GT, GT-H, C6, C8, AC Cobra, Shelby Viper & the rest of the cars he has help make all have a place in this partnership, it's not about you wanting respect for your car, or whose car is better or more expensive, or who is struggling to make a payment or whose an elitist, it's about the love & appreciation of fine Shelby Automobiles new & old.

I was reflecting how SAI getting involved in an officially sanctioned Shelby club is a good thing for business. It is a smart move for them to have an outlet where they can directly communicate with their faithful owners. It builds brand loyalty, company image and gives owners a way to mix with people from all walks of life that just love Shelbys.

Harley-Davidson has one of the most successful company club's called HOG (Harley Owner's Group) that is an excellent marketing and research tool for Harley in trying out new ideas and keeping in touch with it's members. They have local Chapters that charity fund raise and support the hobby and lifestyle of the Harley rider. Benefits include discounts, event insurance and local/national events etc..

I am on their rider research group that takes feedback from members about upcoming products and ideas that they are thinking about. We are sent a questionnaire once a month about certain programs and asked specific questions about items we have purchased. It is an honor to participate in that group since many of the new bike ideas and accesories come directly from that group.

A 1 year HOG membership is given Free to any new Harley owner when he or she buys a bike so they can experience the lifestyle and participate in the HOG sponsored events.

It would be a good thing to see Team Shelby approach the level of organization and participation that Harley-Davidson enjoys although that would mean a lot of hard work by SAI as well as members who donate their time and efforts. Lets’ see what happens. It is a beginning.

They are thinking of doing something very similar to this. Good example! :)

to quote the legend himself..... "This is MY club and we're going to have some real fun.....Shelby style!" Carroll Shelby

So what part of this don't you understand Mr. Wicked? This is what Carroll Wants! If you don't like what he wants, then I guess you’ll have to find another place to chat about your car, but like Grabber & I have said...we welcome all of you & your cars.

IMO the Shelby Series 1, GT500, GT350, Shelby GT, GT-H, C6, C8, AC Cobra, Shelby Viper & the rest of the cars he has help make all have a place in this partnership, it's not about you wanting respect for your car, or whose car is better or more expensive, or who is struggling to make a payment or whose an elitist, it's about the love & appreciation of fine Shelby Automobiles new & old.

They are thinking of doing something very similar to this. Good example! :)

You are entitled to your opinion CW, AND SO AM I.

and I'll type slow so YOU can understand......my post was directed at Grabber and his comments about tude he is getting. It has nothing to do with an 85 year old man listening to his underlings about the potential benefits from a merger of forums. Because you can bet no one in that room spoke up about the distinct differences in the experiences shared on these very different sites. And I am also not complaining about having a suedo Shelby. I have a real one. You and your ADM paying friends are the ones that THAT burns a hole in...I just laugh. Have a nice day.

SHELBY FOREVER!

Good thing you are not in sales...

Dude, as much as I am not happy with this at the moment I will say that I think you are wrong in your thinking that Grabber is giving us tude. IMO he hasnt. I dont know him at all and only have seen his posts on here the past few weeks and he seems like a good guy from what I can gather. He is caught in this. Maybe not in the same way as us and some may blame him but I dont see it that way. My 2 cents.

You don't have to buy it, you can check it out for yourself and you will see. :)

I had to go back and look at my post to see why it was thought that I was giving "tude".

I was simply saying that if you check out the site and give it a chance, you might just like it.

No Tude intended.

I'm personally excited about this merge. I currently own a GT500 and I'm dying to get my hands on a SGT-C. I read both pages everyday on both cars. There's tons of good info at each. From what it sounds like, is the two sites are going to become one, so no matter how you get to it, SU or SA, they both will take you to the same place, and your accounts carry over also. Mine is the same at both so it doesn't really matter, but from what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, the main difference will be the main central topic hub. Where there will be more of a verity of discussions. The previous topics will carry over and new ones can be added. Its still free to post and read, unless you chose to actually subscribe, which then you will be able to receive additional benefits. Similar to the S197 subscription that SU currently has. SU also resolves some of the issues that other have already expressed with SA,

2. An Off-Topic area! Enough said!

3. Specific Q&A area for Amy

4. Better search and profile options

A big plus I see from this, is that now I wont have to follow 3 different threads on the same topic, ie. Covers. It can be a pain to try and keep up with each one. You wouldn't believe how nuts I was going yesterday trying to keep up with the car unveiling and site announcement, between the 2 sites. So why not bring all the great minds to one location.

I'm not saying criticism is not good, its necessary, but to throw your hands up and quiting just because the site is basically just getting a big make over is just a little ridiculous to me, but thats my 0.02.

I have been a MAJOR Shelby fan for as long as I can remember, granted, with me only being 23 that may not be that long, but I missed the 60's muscle era. And I'm sorry these rice burners aren't even a comparison to American Muscle, so I'm in my glory with the new era of Shelby Stangs. So I think this will be a great step in improving the communication and relationship between us and SAI.

So everyone at SAI and SU keep up the great work!

I had to go back and look at my post to see why it was thought that I was giving "tude".

I was simply saying that if you check out the site and give it a chance, you might just like it.

No Tude intended.

Emotions are running high over this issue-they always do when something valuable is at stake. This forum has been great the way is-society's mentality now seems be to fix what is not broken-forget what is. I will look at the other site and consider, however, this worked for me and I am disappointed.

If I were the Product Manager I would have talked PR into changing that quote to "This is OUR club...". Seems to me there may be some strained relations with SCCA perhaps? I wouldn't blame SAI given what I've seen from them.

Anyway....nit picking aside...

Look, AGAIN, what's done is done! It's not going to change and as the cops say you can go along quietly or kicking and screaming but you will go!

The forum is still FREE and now there is an added benefit in a club we can join that will have us as REAL members unlike SCCA. With this comes new opportunities! Think of all the things we can do with some marketing, local/regional chapters, car shows, judging rules, etc...etc... We've been largely ignored by the current crop of Shelby Clubs and here's a chance for US to set the standard!

For sure there will be growing pains, sure there will be some issues to work through, let's just deal with them and move on, but don't loose sight of the goal guys, let's not squander this opportunity to influence things in the early stages. If later things don't work out...well, we vote with our $$! Until then let's work on making suggestions that will give us a club we want to spend money on.

Won't you join me in that effort?!?! :wub:

A big plus I see from this, is that now I wont have to follow 3 different threads on the same topic, ie. Covers. It can be a pain to try and keep up with each one. You wouldn't believe how nuts I was going yesterday trying to keep up with the car unveiling and site announcement, between the 2 sites. So why not bring all the great minds to one location.

So following your logic, again I ask why are there GT500 forums by year? Not being critical, just asking!

Emotions are running high over this issue-they always do when something valuable is at stake. This forum has been great the way is-society's mentality now seems be to fix what is not broken-forget what is. I will look at the other site and consider, however, this worked for me and I am disappointed.

SGT3369....thanks.

I am going to bow out of this conversation/discussion for now. I understand change is envitable, whether that means improvement or not, only time will tell.

Whether or not I end up on the new site, again, only time will tell.

More is not always better. Sooner or later, and I hope never, SAI may figure out that a successful boutique can not always make for a great new Dupont. Just ask Peoples Express.

Conquer the world sounds & looks great on paper, but hasnt ever really seemed to work. EVER!

oh and weeks from now when you search for a topic and 700 pages of nonsense comes up that you have to wade thru to find your answer....tell me how much better it is. I'll be waiting.

Grabber: Could you do like a clock that counts down to the demise of this site, so we know when she will go and we can all post/say goodbye/have a little fun with it.

That would be better than just waking up one morning to find the closet empty and your family gone. :huh:

SHELBY FOREVER! ;)

If I were the Product Manager I would have talked PR into changing that quote to "This is OUR club...". Seems to me there may be some strained relations with SCCA perhaps? I wouldn't blame SAI given what I've seen from them.

Anyway....nit picking aside...

Look, AGAIN, what's done is done! It's not going to change and as the cops say you can go along quietly or kicking and screaming but you will go!

The forum is still FREE and now there is an added benefit in a club we can join that will have us as REAL members unlike SCCA. With this comes new opportunities! Think of all the things we can do with some marketing, local/regional chapters, car shows, judging rules, etc...etc... We've been largely ignored by the current crop of Shelby Clubs and here's a chance for US to set the standard!

For sure there will be growing pains, sure there will be some issues to work through, let's just deal with them and move on, but don't loose sight of the goal guys, let's not squander this opportunity to influence things in the early stages. If later things don't work out...well, we vote with our $$! Until then let's work on making suggestions that will give us a club we want to spend money on.

Won't you join me in that effort?!?! :wub:

So following your logic, again I ask why are there GT500 forums by year? Not being critical, just asking!

Well said Matt.

All other complaining, just give it a chance. I'm sure that it will be the same as what we have on this forum now. Maybe with our larger numbers we'll have more opportunities.

I cant wait to have these discussions!

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=12012

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6216

The second one the guy owns a GT500 and an SGT and gives his honest opinion. Then it starts turning into a sh*t fest and I stopped reading. I am now more excited than ever to further the brotherhood/sisterhood of Shelby and mustangs.......

I was diplomatic. LOL

In all reality, we are all coming to this site & bringing our most up to date forum software. This site will stay up & running it's just getting bigger, all of SU threads will move over here & when you & I log into SU or SAI forums, it should read team shelby on the main page. Does that make you feel better?

I will give it a try. I dont know if you are being sarcastic or not CW and I dont know you but as I said before if we have to explain why some are upset then you just dont get what we had here as a community and there is no sense in doing so. We are all uptight and need to cool down so I guess you are in the same boat and irritated. Just try and remember it is our home that was torn down so to speak. To trivialize how some are feeling isnt a great way to smooth it over.

Archived