TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SN197 Owners Association and Shelby team up!

RogerS

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question for OUR members. Did SAI ask anybopdy in private about this? Yes I know SAI is a private business and can do whatever they wish but we are a community of members.

Well no, but to play Devil's advocate why should they? There are no paid sponsorships or subscriptions on here unless you count the purchase of the Shelby. This site is 100% theirs and we just borrow the bandwidth although they have admittedly learned from the input of the forum members here.

Hi all!!!!

Well the time has come to expand again. This my friends is a good thing. From what I have heard, all of the threads that were on this site will be on the new site too. This also means, all of the threads on that site will also be combined into the new site.

I'm sure some of you may feel slighted, left out etc, but its up to all of us to make it what we want it to be. The new site can be and will be bigger and better for all of us. Yes, there will be a few people that we do not know and the same goes for those on the SU site. It will all work out. I feel this will also be great in a way that everybody will make new friends, share ideas, and share stories about their cars and so forth.

So, all in all, I guess what I am tring to say is, lets check it out, give it a try before you condem it.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Bud

Hey Bud,

I am not savy enough to do that reply to each point post.....but I'll take your responses one at a time:

1) you should look back to some of Amy's posts on this forum, she has made numerous posts stating that "some" of her people dont even like coming on this site because of the negativity. I read every post.

2) When the first news of the new site is coming from a poster who is known to be from the "other" forum and not SAI (LIKE MOST BREAKING NEWS UNFORTUNATELY) and has been on this site like 12 minutes.....it seemed to be beneath SAI to actually inform their faithful customers what was in store. With your post today, a nice step in the right direction.(no offense Grabber)

3) you finally agree with me, I am not sure how to feel about that :P ;)

4) I was referring to gt500 owners persistance to boast about their cars being the real shelby's mostly to cover up how pissed they are about the ADM they paid. And its not about only reading what you want, once you wasted your time reading it, what are you supposed to do, spit it out? You cant go back. And the huge influx of their membership will clutter the pure SGT discussion we have all grown so fond of here at the SHELBY forum.

5) AND I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD TO BE A SHELBY OWNER. You dont know what sacriifices I had to make to become one. I am not wealthy as many of the people who own Shelby's seem to be. Dont confuse my generousity (AFBlue) and desire to help those in need with me being a man of means. I have to sacrifice considerabilly to become a Shelby owner and some months I dont even know if I can make my nut, but as my Dad used to say: You will never get the things you want in life unless you are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to get them. The more you fight, the prouder you are, and I AM D*A*M*N PROUD.

YOU KNOW (at least I hope you do!) that I have much respect and appreciation for the work you and SAI are doing for the car enthusiast and the allmighty dollar and for that I am grateful.

I am also grateful that I went to the NY Auto Show in 2006, otherwise I probably never would have heard about this car....(FORD! :blink: )

I write and speak and live with much passion. Dont confuse that with anger or disrespect.

SHELBY FOREVER! (I'll send you a copyright fee John!)

My question, for those that are already members on stangsunleashed, which account will we use?

A question for OUR members. Did SAI ask anybopdy in private about this? Yes I know SAI is a private business and can do whatever they wish but we are a community of members.

i think i have the same account name on both accounts, but would really like to car over my 900+ posts. i dont want to be a newbie again. so i hope they let me take over my useless post count! please?

they didnt ask me about a new forum, but then again i wouldnt expect them too. i just take up there space with the afore mentioned useless posts

michael morris

I second Rossgt comment about the site formerly known as stangsunleashed is very GT500 leaning. As I posted in another thread I haven't been impressed with the S197OA of which I am a member. I still haven't received or even heard of the Shelby GT shirts that were promissed. I monitor that site as often as I monitor this one.

Also, I am concerned about an "official" S197 Shelby club. I thought that was what SAAC was for. Is Shelby now removing us from SAAC? I hope the press release an info will become clearer because right now I am more suspect then impressed.

Lastly, although at times I post identical passages in both forums. This is a more lively forum for Shelby GTs and we get better response from SAI here. I hope we don't lose this forum.

I agree with your post 100%. I too am concerned about an 'official S197 Shelby Club' & does this mean that we are no longer members of the SAAC? This is important and I am glad you pointed this out, as it needs adressed immediately before any concrete changes are made-

We are all car enthusiasts. Let's not lose sight of that.

There are different forums with in Team Shelby to cater to the specific passions.

Anger over ADM or Shelby or SVT or a Ford Mustang need to be put behind us.

i think i have the same account name on both accounts, but would really like to car over my 900+ posts. i dont want to be a newbie again. so i hope they let me take over my useless post count! please?

they didnt ask me about a new forum, but then again i wouldnt expect them too. i just take up there space with the afore mentioned useless posts

michael morris

Your post count will move over with you. Don't worry. :)

We are all car enthusiasts. Let's not lose sight of that.

There are different forums with in Team Shelby to cater to the specific passions.

Anger over ADM or Shelby or SVT or a Ford Mustang need to be put behind us.

Your post count will move over with you. Don't worry. :)

YESSSS!!!!!!! can i also be the "official salesguy for Team Shelby". i asked first!

michael morris

[

Can some be added? :P

i was thinking the same thing :lol:

michael morris

$20 bucks per 100. How many do you want ? :rolleyes:

can i get fries with that??

michael morris

YESSSS!!!!!!! can i also be the "official salesguy for Team Shelby". i asked first!

michael morris

i was thinking the same thing :lol::lol:

michael morris

michael that would be a very good thing for you to be the "National Shelby Purchasing Agent". Good title huh? If I would have not bought close-by my home I would have bought from you. I hate to say this but most dealerships are not looking out for the customer, they'll make their month off you if they can with a 10 pounder! Your not that way & you want repeat business. The moment that guy who got 10 pounded tells his friends what he paid he'll never go back to that dealership again and will always be wary of other dealerships. I vote for MM as "National Shelby Purchasing Agent for Team Shelby"!

Ok...what's done is done!

So let's all go on over and look at what's there and start to think about what might be! Here is a chance to create something really cool. We can build up regional chapters, national events, better buying opportunities and discounts, so much more.

Sure I will miss the small town atmosphere here, nice to be a big fish in a small pond, but there is a big world out there and together we can conquer it.

Let's start posting suggestions for the new forum! The new forum has a more robust engine and can do more so give it some thought!

As for the club, well...let's push to elect a board for the SGT side of the house! We are a market size of almost 9000! If they want to attract a large percentage, and keep them, it will take a lot more than a shirt! I can buy that from Ford, it will be a club that understands the unique aspects of this car and its unique place in history.

So in short lets focus our efforts on the positive and let's get'r done!

:)

So let's all go on over and look at what's there and start to think about what might be! Here is a chance to create something really cool. We can build up regional chapters, national events, better buying opportunities and discounts, so much more.

Sure I will miss the small town atmosphere here, nice to be a big fish in a small pond, but there is a big world out there and together we can conquer it.

Let's start posting suggestions for the new forum! The new forum has a more robust engine and can do more so give it some thought!

As for the club, well...let's push to elect a board for the SGT side of the house! We are a market size of almost 9000! If they want to attract a large percentage, and keep them, it will take a lot more than a shirt! I can buy that from Ford, it will be a club that understands the unique aspects of this car and its unique place in history.

Well said!!!!!

OMG!!!!!! Did I just agree with you too? What is this world coming too!!!!!! :P :lol: :D

Bud

I'll play!

Ok here are some cool things!

1. A calendar! Yeah! While it's mostly birthdays and such now we can look to post our events, parties, shows, etc. be nice to have one single calendar we can all reference. Get more people/cars to the SGT Spring Fling Event!

2. An Off-Topic area! Enough said!

3. Specific Q&A area for Amy

4. Better search and profile options

I do wonder if I can pay to get my post number reduced? I don't want to join the new froums looking like a fanatic or something! <_<

welcome to the boards newbie....oh Matt, I didnt realize it was you.

away on business? incarcerated? hiding out? :blink:

I'll play!

Ok here are some cool things!

1. A calendar! Yeah! While it's mostly birthdays and such now we can look to post our events, parties, shows, etc. be nice to have one single calendar we can all reference. Get more people/cars to the SGT Spring Fling Event!

2. An Off-Topic area! Enough said!

3. Specific Q&A area for Amy

4. Better search and profile options

I do wonder if I can pay to get my post number reduced? I don't want to join the new froums looking like a fanatic or something! <_<

Items 2,3,and 4 exist allready on Team Shelby now, and will get even enhanced more. Great idea on the calendar! :)

Well, since I am registered on both sites, with the same user name, this should be a piece of cake. Bud/Amy/Carroll, Since no one has volunteered, I hereby volunteer my services ("and call dibs") on being the designated "beta" tester for future Shelby concept vehicles. There will be no charge for my services and I will be happy to maintain a weblog that will contain a wealth of information relative to my beta testing services. Please get in touch with me as soon as possible. I am clearing out the garage now.

already this new board has brought all the SGT guys closer. they are starting to agree on things. look at yall come together to overcome adversty. i get to keep my posts and now everyones agrees with each other. when do i go over to the dark side....

michael morris

Now.

07SGT4578 (aka DRHVAC) has already blazed the trail. We should all follow his lead and welcome him to the site:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=12375

Ok, I'm a little saddened by this news. I like our little SGT world over here. But am open to the possibility that it will be better in the long term.

We are close knit group over here so at least we won't be alone over there (strength in numbers).

Watch out stangsunleashed! The SGT Mafia is coming to town!

They wont' know what hit em :D

I'm already AFBLUE over there too.

Archived