TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Arrival of SGT 2959

RogerRamjet

It was a happy day--The tractor trailer rig was about to arrive and the driver called and said he was 5 minutes away. We walked out to the nearby road, the gorgeous truck pulled up and the friendly driver emerged. The paperwork was quick and we moved the car into our shop adjacent to the house. By the way, there were 4 2008 SGT's on the trailer heading for the Seattle area. Our white car was a complete dirty mess on the outside, having never been thru a dealer prep routine, in fact, it had never seen a dealer's lot during the entire production, conversion & Mod Shop work.

So I had an enjoyable morning peeling stickers, wiping off markings and cleaning the car in & out. I took lots of pictures of their placement and the various markings under the car. Let me Tell You, this is one beautiful machine from one end to the other, top & bottom.

The 2007 SGT looks great sitting in our shop next to our 1967 Shelby. I try to buy a new Shelby Mustang every 40 years so it's nice to have now purchased 2 new ones. Yesterday evening we had about 15 of our closest friends come over for a Shelby Party, with plenty of chili & chicken. They've all been listening to my stories about the SGT and wondering, like me, just when it would arrive. Some like the old one best and others are taken by the new one. I can't decide.

Oh, the serial numbers are only 31 digits apart on the 2 cars. 31 digits and 40 years. I've been looking forward to living this dream all over again at 58 like I did when I was 18. My wife & I had our first date in the '67 and I had a great time restoring it with our son much later. The GT/SC shall never need a restoration as it will be pampered, though not babied.

Thank you Carroll Shelby and the SAI team in Las Vegas. It just doesn't get any better than this. Frankly, it doesn't need to.

Roger

Coast of WA

It was a happy day--The tractor trailer rig was about to arrive and the driver called and said he was 5 minutes away. We walked out to the nearby road, the gorgeous truck pulled up and the friendly driver emerged. The paperwork was quick and we moved the car into our shop adjacent to the house. By the way, there were 4 2008 SGT's on the trailer heading for the Seattle area. Our white car was a complete dirty mess on the outside, having never been thru a dealer prep routine, in fact, it had never seen a dealer's lot during the entire production, conversion & Mod Shop work.

So I had an enjoyable morning peeling stickers, wiping off markings and cleaning the car in & out. I took lots of pictures of their placement and the various markings under the car. Let me Tell You, this is one beautiful machine from one end to the other, top & bottom.

The 2007 SGT looks great sitting in our shop next to our 1967 Shelby. I try to buy a new Shelby Mustang every 40 years so it's nice to have now purchased 2 new ones. Yesterday evening we had about 15 of our closest friends come over for a Shelby Party, with plenty of chili & chicken. They've all been listening to my stories about the SGT and wondering, like me, just when it would arrive. Some like the old one best and others are taken by the new one. I can't decide.

Oh, the serial numbers are only 31 digits apart on the 2 cars. 31 digits and 40 years. I've been looking forward to living this dream all over again at 58 like I did when I was 18. My wife & I had our first date in the '67 and I had a great time restoring it with our son much later. The GT/SC shall never need a restoration as it will be pampered, though not babied.

Thank you Carroll Shelby and the SAI team in Las Vegas. It just doesn't get any better than this. Frankly, it doesn't need to.

Roger

Coast of WA

That's a nice pair you have there!And a nice story to go with!

Congratulations Roger on getting your car home. Would love to see some delivery pics if you have them. As far as I know, there's only two 07 Shelby GT S/C in the state of Washington. Pretty cool, one black one and one white one. So you're gonna have to make sure you bring both cars to the Mustang round-up in July 08. If you haven't been there, it's the world's largest gathering of Mustangs 1200-1400. It's an unbelievable site.

Hope you're enjoying your car, get in some drive time before the weather gets bad. Hopefully one of these days we can meet up. There are quite a few of us in W.Wa and quite a few on this site.

Dave

Archived