TEAM SHELBY FORUM

brake and tcs light on dash

tomlor611_merged

ok this is my 1st time posting, i have # 105 2000 miles on it and yesterday i noticed that my brake and tcs lights were on on the dash and the actual tcs button was stuck on the off position( i know thats good)i brought it to the dealer and they tried to hook it up to the computer to see what code was tripped and came back and said they couldn't becauase it wouldn't let them in, they would have to call shelby on mon to get the code to get in ?????. i drove it all day today and the lights actually reset themselves,on and off a couple times and so far they haven't come back on? anybody have any input on this ,i hate going to the dealer!!!!

ok this is my 1st time posting, i have # 105 2000 miles on it and yesterday i noticed that my brake and tcs lights were on on the dash and the actual tcs button was stuck on the off position( i know thats good)i brought it to the dealer and they tried to hook it up to the computer to see what code was tripped and came back and said they couldn't becauase it wouldn't let them in, they would have to call shelby on mon to get the code to get in ?????. i drove it all day today and the lights actually reset themselves,on and off a couple times and so far they haven't come back on? anybody have any input on this ,i hate going to the dealer!!!!

Possible intrmittent wheel speed sensor issue,If the vehicle sees a funky reading it will disable traction control and anti-lock features.Could just be a loose connection.Either way I wouldn't want to drive too much with a possible brake system error,Panic stop would not be what you are used to.That module could be bad also creating a no communication condition,That should not require a call to Shelby.Try another dealer.

What you are experiencing is a Ford issue, not a Shelby issue. That dealer is just giving you the runaround. Try another dealer.

What you are experiencing is a Ford issue, not a Shelby issue. That dealer is just giving you the runaround. Try another dealer.

What he said!

I just did my first oil change at 2500 miles. I will lprobably take it back at 2500 for another, then every 5000 for the reg service.

I dont think I would drive it 2800 miles with the T/C and possible brake issue. Ask around and take it to a reputalbe dealer in the area. They are few and far between.

Archived