TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can't afford big break package,Me neither!

07SHELBY GT

Go to WWW,QUANTUMMOTORSORTS.COM,These guys offer a bolt on brake cooling set-up that allows you to keep your original wheels,And brake set-up.No doubt that a nice larger brake system and wheel upgrade would be better!But since I plan to try out a road course,Can't afford a Big Brake kit,I thought I would give you guys info that I found,Stock mustang GT,One of these cooling kits,Factory rotors,which we already have,And Hawk pads have been getting one guy Awesome results on a road course,Probably help on some high speed street driving.Looks as if you only have to remove the outer grills on the lower facia for the inlet ducts,No cutting I'm pretty sure.Going to order some this week.

Hey '07,

Thanks for posting that information. I know I decided against the big brake kit when I found out I had to go to 20" wheels. Just not my style. Others have posted where to buy cross drilled and slotted rotors that bolt on. I am having the brake cooling kit from SAI installed so, between all that, I should be pretty close to where I need to be in braking for a road coarse. Did you think about alternate rotors? I recall them being something like $350 with shipping for all four corners. Jim

Hey '07,

Thanks for posting that information. I know I decided against the big brake kit when I found out I had to go to 20" wheels. Just not my style. Others have posted where to buy cross drilled and slotted rotors that bolt on. I am having the brake cooling kit from SAI installed so, between all that, I should be pretty close to where I need to be in braking for a road coarse. Did you think about alternate rotors? I recall them being something like $350 with shipping for all four corners. Jim

Not really,But will investigate that.Thanks !I am trying to do as much as I can on the less expensive side,And did not want to change my wheels as I really like them!

I've been thinking I'm going with braided liines for feel, some better pads and the cooling kit when available. The big brake kits really limit your wheel choices and I'm not racing anyway. I did see drilled and slotted rotors for our cars from baer that were pretty reasonable, I think they look pretty sharp if you have a wheel that show them off.

I would go with slotted in lieu of drilled because I read often that drilled have a tendency to crack over time. I think just a switch to Hawk pads should be sufficient and that's what I plan to do prior to SAAC 33 next year. I might take a look at installing a homemade brake duct installation also, like I used to do on my race car; it may not be pretty but it may help.

I would go with slotted in lieu of drilled because I read often that drilled have a tendency to crack over time. I think just a switch to Hawk pads should be sufficient and that's what I plan to do prior to SAAC 33 next year. I might take a look at installing a homemade brake duct installation also, like I used to do on my race car; it may not be pretty but it may help.

So have you noticed a good improvment ?

I have about 300 in the pads and rotors, Also bought the caps from Shelby

Is there a noticable improvement ? Car looks great !!

So have you noticed a good improvment ?

Is there a noticable improvement ? Car looks great !!

thanks...

I have never had to get on the brakes so bad that I woud have noticed the difference, I got them for looks,

I didnt like the plain rotors, rust was showing, so I changed them, here is the set I bought

http://www.irotors.com/storefrontprofiles/...052&i=233278093

thanks...

I have never had to get on the brakes so bad that I woud have noticed the difference, I got them for looks,

I didnt like the plain rotors, rust was showing, so I changed them, here is the set I bought

http://www.irotors.com/storefrontprofiles/...052&i=233278093

Thanks for the link!

Go to WWW,QUANTUMMOTORSORTS.COM,These guys offer a bolt on brake cooling set-up that allows you to keep your original wheels,And brake set-up.No doubt that a nice larger brake system and wheel upgrade would be better!But since I plan to try out a road course,Can't afford a Big Brake kit,I thought I would give you guys info that I found,Stock mustang GT,One of these cooling kits,Factory rotors,which we already have,And Hawk pads have been getting one guy Awesome results on a road course,Probably help on some high speed street driving.Looks as if you only have to remove the outer grills on the lower facia for the inlet ducts,No cutting I'm pretty sure.Going to order some this week.

Are you sure these fit the Shelby GT/California Special front fasica? I seem to recall that the openings for the brake duct panels are different than the regular GT.

Archived