TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Riveted hood scoop?

07SHELBY GT

I know this is an old and touchy subject,I once posted that my hood scoop looked pretty flat on my hood,Still does.But it looks as if the rivets in it are real,In some spots you can see where it looks as if the scoop is pulled down a little where the rivets are,I have pulled some of the hood liner back,but the hood is double walled in the areas i could see,So I can't tell.Were any of them riveted at the factory.My # is 4789 if it matters.

I am not sure at what number they started completely riveting the scoops.

I would assume yours has all "true" rivets.

Thanks!I was unsure if they ever did start riveting the scoops all the way around at the factory,Or if my dealer elected to do this on their own,Highly unlikely since ther was a 2xxx series black car next to mine and the scoop was as horrible a thing as I had ever seen!Starting to sympathize with you guys that are still waiting for a fix,Someone PM'd me about this once,And I am truly sorry I said to just enjoy your cars,I had no idea some were that bad,Please accept my apology for posting out of line on that issue!

Thanks!I was unsure if they ever did start riveting the scoops all the way around at the factory,Or if my dealer elected to do this on their own,Highly unlikely since ther was a 2xxx series black car next to mine and the scoop was as horrible a thing as I had ever seen!Starting to sympathize with you guys that are still waiting for a fix,Someone PM'd me about this once,And I am truly sorry I said to just enjoy your cars,I had no idea some were that bad,Please accept my apology for posting out of line on that issue!

On my 2nd month awaiting my second replacement scoop. this whole process is actually very backwards, any other business this would not be accepted by the customers!! why does ford feel they can just string customers along who bough 40k cars when the cars are over welmingly faulty, as far as scoops and stripes go. i was promised a call back from ford 2.5 weeks ago as to how they will compensate me for not having my car for 4 months and maing $3,600 worth of payments. i think the moment some lawyer who bought one files a class action foricing a recall on the scoops something will happen. its embarressing they would allow scoops out that bad, the rivet fix is maybe ok for the uplift gap but what about the ripples mnay have on them. ok i'm done, this whole shelby purchase has been nothing but a giant headache

On my 2nd month awaiting my second replacement scoop. this whole process is actually very backwards, any other business this would not be accepted by the customers!! why does ford feel they can just string customers along who bough 40k cars when the cars are over welmingly faulty, as far as scoops and stripes go. i was promised a call back from ford 2.5 weeks ago as to how they will compensate me for not having my car for 4 months and maing $3,600 worth of payments. i think the moment some lawyer who bought one files a class action foricing a recall on the scoops something will happen. its embarressing they would allow scoops out that bad, the rivet fix is maybe ok for the uplift gap but what about the ripples mnay have on them. ok i'm done, this whole shelby purchase has been nothing but a giant headache

....thus, I continue to wait. My warranty is still good for 2.5 years....

I've read some of the history here about the hood scoop issues, and frankly, I don't want to get into it with anyone over this.

I have 07SGT4729, and the scoop is not visually perfect. Attachment to the hood seems wavy and uneven, as if one or two of the rivets "popped" under tension before others. IMHO, this is the way rivets work, and I find the results charming.

When I was a kid building my '64 GTO for the track, rivets were the way to go. They held stuff together, and were faster and cheaper than sheet metal screws. They were not always perfect in appearance. I had a sheet metal interior, tear drop hood scoop and some body panels held in place with pop rivets, and it was charming, because it was real. Thus, in my heart, my Shelby GT is a 2007 rendition of the '67 real Shelby race car all it's imperfections, and I love them all.

The rivited hood scoop and the Hurst Competition Plus chrome shifter with classic "cue ball", is what sold me on this car. I care little about the "Shaker 500/1000" audio system, likewise the "Sirius" feature. I never turn the radio on anyway, I'd rather listen to the car. There's a lot of warm memories in this automobile, and it's "imperfections", and I wouldn't want them corrected to save my life no matter what I paid for it.

Just my .02 cents on it all, flame away...

I've read some of the history here about the hood scoop issues, and frankly, I don't want to get into it with anyone over this.

I have 07SGT4729, and the scoop is not visually perfect. Attachment to the hood seems wavy and uneven, as if one or two of the rivets "popped" under tension before others. IMHO, this is the way rivets work, and I find the results charming.

When I was a kid building my '64 GTO for the track, rivets were the way to go. They held stuff together, and were faster and cheaper than sheet metal screws. They were not always perfect in appearance. I had a sheet metal interior, tear drop hood scoop and some body panels held in place with pop rivets, and it was charming, because it was real. Thus, in my heart, my Shelby GT is a 2007 rendition of the '67 real Shelby race car all it's imperfections, and I love them all.

The rivited hood scoop and the Hurst Competition Plus chrome shifter with classic "cue ball", is what sold me on this car. I care little about the "Shaker 500 or 1000" audio system, likewise the "Sirius" featire, I never turn the radio anyway, I'd rather listen to the car. There's a lot of warm memories in some of the imperfections of this automobile, and I wouldn't want them corrected to save my life.

Just my .02 cents on it all, flame away...

I'm #4789 and it sounds like your scoop looks like mine.They call it patina.

I should balance my previous opinion with "what I don't like" about my Shelby GT, just so I am somewhat "normal" here.

I don't like the red/white/ blue Pony badge on the upper grille, and I want to take it off.

I don't like the absence of a matching lower grille

I miss having fog lights, more since there is a switch for them that doesn't do anything.

I didn't like the red/white/blue Pony wheel caps, but I have since replaced them with the black/silver Shelby GT caps.

I don't like the bright chrome faux gas cap trunk badge, hope there is a solution/option for this down the road.

I'd like to have LED tail lights and 3rd brake light, but I am patient too. The aftermarket can be very resourceful.

Just my .02 cents again...

I should balance my previous opinion with "what I don't like" about my Shelby GT, just so I am somewhat "normal" here.

I don't like the red/white/ blue Pony badge on the upper grille, and I want to take it off.

I don't like the absence of a matching lower grille

I miss having fog lights, more since there is a switch for them that doesn't do anything.

I didn't like the red/white/blue Pony wheel caps, but I have since replaced them with the black/silver Shelby GT caps.

I don't like the bright chrome faux gas cap trunk badge, hope there is a solution/option for this down the road.

I'd like to have LED tail lights and 3rd brake light, but I am patient too. The aftermarket can be very resourceful.

Just my .02 cents again...

CAN U post pic of your car with the center gt caps, my # was 373 thus all the issues, wish i had waited afew more months for higher number, oh well

To each his/her own I guess. My car is a MUSTANG and I am VERY VERY proud of that and a long time MUSTANG owner. It's modified by SHELBY and I am VERY VERY proud of that as well. I can't see removing the car's heritage anymore than I can see adding COBRAs all over the place. But that's me, and your mileage may vary!. :)

Archived