TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Noise from dash above glove box

SGT0701

Yes, i have the same noise. I first noticed when I made a left hand low speed turn into the driveway coming home from the dealer. Only happens in left handed turns and I thought it only happened at low speeds. However coming home from car show today on interstate went into a sweeping left curve and heard noise magnified about 10 times. Thought it was the r.f. tire rubbing but I can't see any indication of that. Maybe someone on forum can provide some info.....only 200 miles as of today....Craig :blink:

thats odd...only noise i notice sounds like its coming from the passenger seat...its like a rattle. it occurs just goin down a road straight. sometimes i have to slap the back of the passenger seat to make it stop.

AND NO ITS NOT A WHINY WOMAN LOL

it occurs when the seat is unoccupied

thats odd...only noise i notice sounds like its coming from the passenger seat...its like a rattle. it occurs just goin down a road straight. sometimes i have to slap the back of the passenger seat to make it stop.

AND NO ITS NOT A WHINY WOMAN LOL

it occurs when the seat is unoccupied

that would have been my first guess glad u specified unoccupied seat !!!!!!!! :lol:

i don't think its the same !!!!!!!! ford installed guide point and my alarm system . they put one of the sensors behind the glove box it was zip tied to one of the wire harnesses well it wasn't zipped tight enough because it started sliding from side to side when id turn . so i got up inside under the glove box one day and found it re-zipped very tight and haven't heard anything coming from there sense .

you might not have the same exact system but maybe they put it in the same place and the same thing is happening for you !!! B)

Not from glovebox but I do get an odd occasional light rapping noise from about the same area,Under acceleration,Can't find it,Learned to live with it,Too scared to take it to the dealer for fear of what my car will come back looking like!I figure if it's serious enough,Eventually it will show itself!NOTE There is a TSB involving noise coming from the center stack related to exhaust hangers on the crossmember.

thanks. Don't think that would be problem as it only occurs w/ left hand turn. Hear absolutey nothing w/ r/hand turns. Looks like a good one for the dealer to figure out. I suspect something w/ suspension and/or brakes/wheel bearing as it loads up in the turn. I think if nothing else I'll check the lug nuts first! Thanks, Cg

thanks, do you know where or how i can get copy of TSB? Cg

thanks. Don't think that would be problem as it only occurs w/ left hand turn. Hear absolutey nothing w/ r/hand turns. Looks like a good one for the dealer to figure out. I suspect something w/ suspension and/or brakes/wheel bearing as it loads up in the turn. I think if nothing else I'll check the lug nuts first! Thanks, Cg

thanks, do you know where or how i can get copy of TSB? Cg

If found it on the WWW.S197.com.Join up and check out the tech section.You have to join before you can read them.Lot's of useful info there!

LIKE I SAID I AM A DEALER AND ALL THE 05-07 GT MUSTANGS I HAVE EVER DRIVEN MADE THAT SAME NOISE SOUNDS LIKE A RATTLE MOST OF THE TIME COMING FROM THE GLOVEBOX AREA. NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT AS OF YET

Like I said, I'm hard of hearing, but I can hear you! :lol::lol:

update:

reluctantly took her to the dealership early this morning for them to try and figure out the "noise". Worried all day long what they might be doing with her out in the back parking lot! You were right on the money....it was the exhaust bracket hitting the frame when the engine/suspension torqued in the left hand turn.

Thanks for all your help on this!!!! Cg :rolleyes:

update:

reluctantly took her to the dealership early this morning for them to try and figure out the "noise". Worried all day long what they might be doing with her out in the back parking lot! You were right on the money....it was the exhaust bracket hitting the frame when the engine/suspension torqued in the left hand turn.

Thanks for all your help on this!!!! Cg :rolleyes:

Glad you got it fixed!

Archived