TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Poor Shelby GT

uno

if you have ever wondered what the outcome is when a Cadillac Escalade backs into a parked 2007 Shelby GT, come to my house and ill show you :(

i recieved a few purse checks (i am a professional golfer by day) in the mail today so i took some friends out to dinner to celebrate, I parked on the far outreaches of the lot as im sure we all do with our Shelby's and come out to my car afterwards to find a gentleman looking around my car and a note on the windshield.

He had backed into my parked car and tore up the bumper pretty bad, he was very apologetic and had the courtesy to stick around and wait for me to come back so he could talk to me about it. My car is immaculate until now, it has the dealer plates still on it!

To make matters worse, i got to hear one of my Flowmaster Super 44's drag on the concrete all the way home! Along with being pulled over by a CHP and being asked why my muffler was dragging along the ground...i just about punched the officer.

what a great night...

Sorry to hear about your partial loss. Id demand a GT-H as a rental as they fix your car. Only fair.

But look at the bright side. You had your golf clubs handy so you could readily pratice your golf swing on that stupid non-driving MoFo about the head and body until you saw fit. I dont understand why your on here and not still praticing your golf swing. ;)

Sorry that was inappropriate and I feel bad for the person that hits my SGT.

I can't imagine how bummed out you must feel. Why the h*ll can't people pay attention and drive anymore? The idiot was probably yakking on his mobile when he hit your car. I can only hope that you get it repaired properly and without too much hassle.

Everything is fixable and at least you had an honest person hit you. That doesn't lessen the sick-to-your-stomach feeling though....

I had a mexican back into my 2000 Eclipse GT at home Depot while I was sitting in the car. Naturally I get out and walk around and this guy is just sitting in his car starting at me. I motion for him to get out and he punches it and takes off. I get the plate #, call the cops and it comes back to a salvaged car and I am told that happens all the time in Dallas, illegals buy junk cars, cause accidents and then take off getting away with it. It could have been worse my friend.

the dealership gave me a Ford Focus to drive around in the meanwhile. Naturally i asked the salesman if he'd trade me straight up Shelby for Focus. He was quick witted and said "ive seen the way you drive, you've got a heavy foot, you'll kill yourself in that focus"

the dealership gave me a Ford Focus to drive around in the meanwhile. Naturally i asked the salesman if he'd trade me straight up Shelby for Focus. He was quick witted and said "ive seen the way you drive, you've got a heavy foot, you'll kill yourself in that focus"

I think you may have a case for pain and suffering B)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I will say that I did my own damage by backing into a rock that was too low to see in the mirror. It was painful. Having said that, if you're going to hit something someplace, that is the place to do it. The lower fascia is bolt on and easily replaceable, the stripes are pretty easy to do. The entire job cost me less than $1000. In this case I was lucky as my trunk stripes had to be replaced under warranty and lucky me they only come in a set that includes the lower stripes! Yeah me! That saved me hundreds right there! Good luck but it will be fine...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I will say that I did my own damage by backing into a rock that was too low to see in the mirror. It was painful. Having said that, if you're going to hit something someplace, that is the place to do it. The lower fascia is bolt on and easily replaceable, the stripes are pretty easy to do. The entire job cost me less than $1000. In this case I was lucky as my trunk stripes had to be replaced under warranty and lucky me they only come in a set that includes the lower stripes! Yeah me! That saved me hundreds right there! Good luck but it will be fine...

matts right, IF you had to get hit thats the best place. can paint it off the car and then mount it. no over spray and no hard lines. sorry that it had to happen, but cars can be fixed.

michael morris

you cant buy any of them without a need for them. Shelby needs pictures from the dealership with reasons for needing them before they will send out a part.

For my "Y" they wouldnt send one until i sent a picture that showed that it was not there.

For my bumper stripes (which need to be taken off during the bumper repair) they need a picture of the ding and a letter from the auto body shop saying the stripes will be removed during repair.

They are pretty tight with their parts, which is a good thing in my opinion. It makes it more difficult to make a fake Shelby.

yea its funny how when u park your car in the most remote part of the parking lot it still somehow attracts the most retarded asteroid orafice drivers of society.

or sometimes they will park RIGHT NEXT to you when ur the only car on the lot and put a ding in ur door when they get out of thiers. and they are usually driving some piece of sh-t.

yea its funny how when u park your car in the most remote part of the parking lot it still somehow attracts the most retarded asteroid orafice drivers of society.

or sometimes they will park RIGHT NEXT to you when ur the only car on the lot and put a ding in ur door when they get out of thiers. and they are usually driving some piece of sh-t.

Had mine parked at the dealer to pay for some service work on my wifes car,And this family of Idiots pulls right up next to me and starts to open the door,Big momma starts to get out,I can see it coming just as I get there to grab their door before it hits my car,They give me a dirty look,We exchanged words,I offered to re-arrange hubby's face,They decide it is in their best interest to park elsewhere,Lucky for them,Not much makes me mad enough to brawl,But this did!BTW as usual plenty of other spaces for them to park!

Had mine parked at the dealer to pay for some service work on my wifes car,And this family of Idiots pulls right up next to me and starts to open the door,Big momma starts to get out,I can see it coming just as I get there to grab their door before it hits my car,They give me a dirty look,We exchanged words,I offered to re-arrange hubby's face,They decide it is in their best interest to park elsewhere,Lucky for them,Not much makes me mad enough to brawl,But this did!BTW as usual plenty of other spaces for them to park!

they probably thought they would look cool if they could park there crap next to a Shelby !!!!!!!! :D

I was backing out at Lowes today when I noticed a Chevy Malibu backing up in the opposite space behind me. I pulled back in and waited. I couldn't believe in a wide lot she still backed right into my rear bumper or whatever you call that sheet of plastic where cars used to have bumpers. She said she was sorry and didn't see me. Maybe she needed to look in the rear view mirror. I didn't see any damage and hurried home to wash the car to be sure. I don't see anything obvious. It was a square on hit and her car had two little square pieces that probably made contact. As she left the lot she ran a stop sign in the parking lot and then rolled through a red light to make a right turn. It is kind of scarry with all these lousy drivers out there.

they probably did it on purpose because they were jealous.

I was backing out at Lowes today when I noticed a Chevy Malibu backing up in the opposite space behind me. I pulled back in and waited. I couldn't believe in a wide lot she still backed right into my rear bumper or whatever you call that sheet of plastic where cars used to have bumpers. She said she was sorry and didn't see me. Maybe she needed to look in the rear view mirror. I didn't see any damage and hurried home to wash the car to be sure. I don't see anything obvious. It was a square on hit and her car had two little square pieces that probably made contact. As she left the lot she ran a stop sign in the parking lot and then rolled through a red light to make a right turn. It is kind of scarry with all these lousy drivers out there.

those are the kind of retarded asteroid orafices i worry about when i'm riding my harley

the more i think about this subject the more i get pizzed

my parents had a 64 Chevelle SS durring the early years of thier marriage... one day they went to a grocery store and the parking lot was practically empty. When they got out of the grocery store and got back to thier car, this old lady just happens to pull RIGHT UP NEXT to his car and opens the door on my dad's car and she gets out and says "oh i'm sorry". my parents get in thier 64 chevelle SS and dad waits till the old lady is in the store and he gets out and kicks a dent into the old lady's car door.

my mother told me that story one time and said that he was PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD OFFFFF.

sorry for the dirty word :)

i said i wouldnt blame him...nobody does that to a 64 chevelle SS and lives to tell about it.....

N O B O D Y...especially nowadays

I had some buddy's over one night drinking and picking. One decides to leave and forgot my 96 Z-28 was parked sideways behind him. I thought I was far enough he would miss me but I was wrong! He t-bones the car so hard I hear it in the house and the car is still rocking when I come out the door. Naturally he is horrified and terrified jumping out appologizing profusely. I just say move your car and lets see the damage. Strangely ther was NOT A SCRATCH on the car! :o

I swear thar car was Christine....

Archived