TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steeda Elbow

07SHELBY GT

I'm still very happy with my Brenspeed tune,But I have to warn you guys that the steeda elbow is a TURD!When I installed mine I wasn't too pleased with the area available at the throttle body end for clamping.The drivers side takes a rather abrupt turn towards the MAF,And does not leave enough room to seat the clamp properly,I possibly overtightened mine which buckled the bottom after my drive to work today,Of course the heat helped to soften up the plastic.So if you do decide to get one,Make sure the clamps mechanism is directly on the side of the elbow,I had mine underneath to hide them.Brenspeed is willing to exchange it for another one,I elected to return it and reinstall the factory elbow.They also told me that the plastic Steeda elbow is the only one available for us with the FRPP cold air set-up.So,I'm sure that some of you have had good luck with yours,I did not and just wanted to let you guys know that it can be a little tricky to install.I guess I proved it is not idiot proof!

I'm still very happy with my Brenspeed tune,But I have to warn you guys that the steeda elbow is a TURD!When I installed mine I wasn't too pleased with the area available at the throttle body end for clamping.The drivers side takes a rather abrupt turn towards the MAF,And does not leave enough room to seat the clamp properly,I possibly overtightened mine which buckled the bottom after my drive to work today,Of course the heat helped to soften up the plastic.So if you do decide to get one,Make sure the clamps mechanism is directly on the side of the elbow,I had mine underneath to hide them.Brenspeed is willing to exchange it for another one,I elected to return it and reinstall the factory elbow.They also told me that the plastic Steeda elbow is the only one available for us with the FRPP cold air set-up.So,I'm sure that some of you have had good luck with yours,I did not and just wanted to let you guys know that it can be a little tricky to install.I guess I proved it is not idiot proof!

I didn't have any problem with the install, but the clamp between the elbow and the air filter keeps coming off. I think it is difficult to get the coupling on far enough for the clamp to make good contact with the coupling hose and still stay on the inside of the elbow's retaining ridge. Anybody solve this?

Thanx for the the update 07 Shelby GT !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That's a shame, and it such a good idea. Maybe they will improve on it or someone else will come out with a better quality, similar item.

Ilmor they also have a carbon fiber one. It is like $200 I think. That is the one I am going to go with. Has anyone used that one? Does it install and stay clamped better?

I thought I heard you guys mention it,When I asked if they had a better elbow yesterday,They told me the plastic Steeda was all the offered.I'm sending mine back today,I'll ask about the carbon fiber elbow as I really didn't want to just stick with the stocker.

07, take a look at this

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_carbon..._inlet_tube.php

That is the carbon fiber one. I havent called them yet. From what I have read this is supposed to fit our cars. If you call ask them and let us know. I still have to order my elbow and tune but I am trying to decide whether to do a pulley or not. And now I am wondering if I should wait until spring. I will most likely putting her in hibernation next week.

07, take a look at this

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_carbon..._inlet_tube.php

That is the carbon fiber one. I havent called them yet. From what I have read this is supposed to fit our cars. If you call ask them and let us know. I still have to order my elbow and tune but I am trying to decide whether to do a pulley or not. And now I am wondering if I should wait until spring. I will most likely putting her in hibernation next week.

That looks sweet,I will post this evening after I talk with Brenspeed,I'm thinking that the carbon fiber is going to be a little stiffer,Better for someone like myself who apparenently uses mile pounds where inch pounds of force are needed!

Yea the carbon fiber will be ALOT stiffer. I will miss the look of our stock aluminum one. It looks great all shined up. They need to make them with a teflon coating on the inside. Then we can cook eggs on it and reduce air drag :)

Yea the carbon fiber will be ALOT stiffer. I will miss the look of our stock aluminum one. It looks great all shined up. They need to make them with a teflon coating on the inside. Then we can cook eggs on it and reduce air drag :)

I love carbon fiber! :) Webba you are crazy! Where does this stuff come from? :lol::lol:

Update on the cabon fiber elbow,Brenspeed says they don't stock them,And Steeda who makes them only has 3 on the shelf.Therefore they could not give me any info as to the rigidity of carbon fiber,Or if the area of my concern is any better on this one.They did say it is supposed to be an exact copy of the plastic one,Which means that I'll probably stay with the stocker,Thinking next year I'm going to get a Kenne Bell supercharger anyway.So if anybody wants one,Call Steeda for any information as they are the only people with one they can put there hands on.

Archived